Women and Joint Healthcare
- Author Kevin Agrawal
- Published December 19, 2009
- Word count 468
Studies have shown that women experience more joint pain than men and in more areas of the body than men do. It is said that this is because women generally have less cartilage in their joints than men do. Another reason that women may experience more joint pain than men is because the breakdown of cartilage happens faster in women than in men.
Estrogen Offers Joint Support
Female hormones are believed to heighten a woman’s vulnerability to pain. Hormone fluctuations in the lifespan of a woman may give rise to joint pain and a greater need for joint support than men. It is important that women consider taking daily nutritional support through joint supplements.
Estrogen, a female hormone, is known to have joint supporting cartilage-protective properties. This is why women tend to experience joint pain after menopause when estrogen levels go down. It is also the reason why some women experience joint pain at the onset of menstruation when estrogen levels plummet. Joint supplements that contain glucosamine, taken regularly, can help alleviate the internal effects of hormonal fluctuations on joint health.
During maternity, estrogen levels peak and then drop in the post-partum phase which is when women most women experience joint pain. A joint support care program is essential during this phase. You will need to consult with your physician whether joint supplements may be taken during pregnancy and lactation.
Women Experience More Pain
There is a theory that explains why women are apt to experience more pain than men. Women, it appears, produce less endorphins than men. Endorphins are hormones that are known to be the body’s natural painkillers. If the production of endorphins is less it will result in experiencing more pain. Another cause suggests that women are more limber and loose-jointed than men and therefore incur more friction in the joints which accelerates joint degeneration. Joint supplements that contain well-researched ingredients such as boswellin and white willow bark can help to alleviate pain and inflammation often associated with joint pain.
Joint Care and Joint Supplements
Weight management is a major proponent for joint support. Maintaining a healthy weight will ease the pressure, especially on weight-bearing joints such as the knees, hips and ankles. Try to incorporate at least 30 minutes of exercise five days a week and keep to a healthy diet. In addition, you may want to try joint supplements. Look for ingredients which have scientific support for promoting joint health and are known for their efficacy and safety.
A doctor-approved joint supplement like GoFlex comes with a topical cream that contains an Food and Drug Administration-approved ingredient called capsaicin. Topically applied, capsaicin is very effective as a fast pain reliever. Together with joint supplements that nutritionally nourish your joints, these are every woman’s assets to enjoying a longer, healthier and safer joint support system.
GoFlex is a scientifically-based, physician-approved joint health supplement containing herbal and natural nutrients that specifically support vital joint functions for maintaining mobility and flexibility. GoFlex includes a joint health supplement and joint pain relief cream containing an Food and Drug Association-approved ingredient for fast-acting joint pain relief.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Great Guide To Having A Healthy Body
- 8 Benefits of CBD Oil and Its Uses
- What Is Leptin Resistance?
- What are the health benefits of CBD Oil?
- Healthy Diet Tips for Pregnancy
- How to get a well-defined muscle mass in a short time?
- What is the most effective weight loss diet over the long term?
- How to Prevent Gestational diabetes
- Pre-workout supplements
- Incredible Properties and Benefits of Chayote
- Full Spectrum Hemp Oil vs. Isolated: what is the difference?
- Blood and Guts Pre-Workout
- The Health Benefits of juicing
- The Healing Power of Currants
- The Fact About HGH Supplements
- 10 Wellness tips – this is how to stay healthy during winter
- Something to help you with your pre workout training!
- Marijuana-Cannabis-THC-CBD - Definitions and Slang
- Whey Protein: Benefits, Uses & Requirements
- How to benefit from Keto's revolutionary fat-loss diet plan
- Wild Antarctic Red Krill Fish Oil - Best Omega 3 Fish Supplement?
- How To Become A Fit Vegan
- Mass gainer - take your dose of energy
- Green Coffee Bean Health Benefits
- Don’t Eat These 3 Food Groups if You Have Arthritis
- How to Improve Your Metabolic Health with Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Benefits of Probiotics
- How To Protect Yourself From Sickness & Disease
- Boost Your Brain Function And Improve Memory With Pearl Powder
- Digestive Problems In Usa And Its Cure