Nutrition to Support Healthy Liver Functions
- Author Kevin Agrawal
- Published January 20, 2010
- Word count 686
Some people say the liver is the most neglected organ in the body. That’s because it hardly ever calls attention to itself, but works hard to perform hundreds of vital tasks necessary to keep your body functioning smoothly. It’s an organ that works quietly, behind the scenes to ensure that all the other important organs have everything they need to function properly.. But this doesn’t mean we should neglect the liver, does it?
What Does the Liver Do? The average liver is about 7 inches long, , about 3 inches thick and takes up about 3 lbs of your body weight. That’s a pretty big organ not to notice and you may wonder where it’s hiding! The liver is situated just behind the lower right rib cavity.
Just about everything we ingest, we breathe, or absorb through the skin goes through the liver for detoxification. About 80 percent of the blood that leaves the digestive system goes directly to the liver for further processing. The liver converts these nutrients to a form which the body can use to sustain its functions. Poor nutrition can impair liver functions. In contrast, adequate nutrition can lead to the liver regenerating itself to function efficiently. That is why it is important to take liver supplements or liver vitamins to sustain vital functions of the liver.
Here are a few important functions of the liver:
- Detoxifies the body of ingested poisonous substances such as alcohol, nicotine, prescribed drugs, OTC medications and other illegal substances. It also purifies the body of toxins we breathe or absorb through the skin.
- Stores sugar, in the form of carbohydrates, glucose and fats, and regulates its conversion to energy
- Regulates the production and elimination of cholesterol
- Stores iron and certain vitamins and minerals
- Produces blood
- Produces biochemicals that help to clot blood
- Synthesizes protein
- Produces biochemicals, such as bile, needed for the digestion of food
How Do We Overwhelm the Functions of the Liver?
Even though the liver can regenerate itself, our lifestyle can overwhelm the liver.
- Overeating can put a major strain on the liver along with diets rich in saturated fats, high calories and sugars.
- Excessive alcohol consumption or smoking
- Environmental pollutants, chemicals in our foods, cosmetics that we use, even the medication we take may overstress the liver.
- Lack of exercise also contributes to a sluggish liver.
Everyone wants to naturally support a healthy liver. Certain vitamins, minerals and herbs can provide the liver with nutritional support to function as well. Liver supplements and liver vitamins can certainly help fill the nutritional gap.
Liver Vitamins Liver vitamins promote hepatic functions. Essential vitamins for the liver are Vitamin A, C and the B vitamins. It also includes Vitamin D and minerals such as zinc and magnesium. You can get liver vitamins through natural food sources by including plenty of green vegetables at least two to three times a week in your diet—artichokes, cauliflower, cabbage, brussel sprouts, wheat grass, barley, spirulina, broccoli are known to support detoxification. Liver vitamins can be easily obtained from a daily vitamin supplement.
Liver Supplements Eating a well-balanced diet and getting regular exercise is important for maintaining healthy liver functions. In addition, liver supplements contain specific nutrients that support the liver in today’s stressful lifestyle.
- Herbs such as milk thistle have been well-researched and support and restore healthy liver functions.
- Taurine, an important antioxidant that helps support healthy cell functions.
- Psyllium husk helps to bind toxins in the digestive system and restrict their entry into the bloodstream. Psyllium along with probiotics also helps to produce important nutrients required by the liver.
- Other natural ingredients in liver supplements should include artichoke powder, dandelion root extract, slippery elm bark and a blend of lecithin, carrot powder, beetroot powder and peppermint.
With all the heavy-duty work the liver performs, we should consider supplementing our diet with liver vitamins or liver supplements to nourish and provide the fuel it needs to function well.
Liver supplements like Liverol are natural liver supplements that help support the natural and healthy functions of the liver. With a daily dose of liver vitamins, your body will find the nourishment it needs to maintain optimal liver health.
New Vitality is a health supplements company. It develops liver supplements which are carefully formulated under the guidance of an elite panel comprised of renowned doctors, nutritionists, chemists and researchers. Whether you want a liver vitamins, pet health supplement, a personal care product or a health care product, New Vitality is a one-stop shop for all needs.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Lose Weight Easily Without Exercise
- Why Do People Fail On A Vegan Diet, While Others Succeed?
- Weight loss supplements really help you lose weight?
- Great Guide To Having A Healthy Body
- 8 Benefits of CBD Oil and Its Uses
- What Is Leptin Resistance?
- What are the health benefits of CBD Oil?
- Healthy Diet Tips for Pregnancy
- How to get a well-defined muscle mass in a short time?
- What is the most effective weight loss diet over the long term?
- How to Prevent Gestational diabetes
- Pre-workout supplements
- Incredible Properties and Benefits of Chayote
- Full Spectrum Hemp Oil vs. Isolated: what is the difference?
- Blood and Guts Pre-Workout
- The Health Benefits of juicing
- The Healing Power of Currants
- The Fact About HGH Supplements
- 10 Wellness tips – this is how to stay healthy during winter
- Something to help you with your pre workout training!
- Marijuana-Cannabis-THC-CBD - Definitions and Slang
- Whey Protein: Benefits, Uses & Requirements
- How to benefit from Keto's revolutionary fat-loss diet plan
- Wild Antarctic Red Krill Fish Oil - Best Omega 3 Fish Supplement?
- How To Become A Fit Vegan
- Mass gainer - take your dose of energy
- Green Coffee Bean Health Benefits
- Don’t Eat These 3 Food Groups if You Have Arthritis
- How to Improve Your Metabolic Health with Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Benefits of Probiotics