Exactly What Is Microdermabrasion?
- Author Dave Poon
- Published May 12, 2007
- Word count 541
What is Microdermabrasion? You have probably met this word often when you were searching for an effective acne treatment. Microdermabrasion is not really new; in fact, it was first introduced in Ancient Egypt. In order to remove minor skin flaws, Egyptian women used to peel the outermost layer of the skin by using fine sand and abrasive marks with alabaster particles. Exfoliation became the trend and since then, women have used several methods and different substances to cleanse and naturally freshen and lighten their skin. In 1985, an Italian specialist performed Microdermabrasion, as we understand it today, for the first time. In modern times, skin problems are now treated with microderm abrasion because it was proven to be effective but more importantly, more people prefer this treatment because of its quick after treatment recovery and low health risk.
For you to understand further what is Microdermabrasion, let us look closely into how it’s being done. Microdermabrasion is an effective, non-surgical way to get rid of skin imperfections by exfoliating the very top layers of the skin. It is a skin resurfacing treatment that works gently in abrading the outermost part of the skin. Microdermabrasion involves a stream of fine micro particles being blasted across the face by a kind of “skin vacuum cleaner”. The powder used varies between different machines and can include crystals of aluminum salts, sodium bicarbonate crystals, or even sodium chloride (table salt) crystals. Movement of these crystals under pressure loosens and partially removes the outermost epidermal layer of the skin. The Aluminum oxide micro crystal abrasion machines or diamond tipped wand gently sandblast your skin, leaving a new, fresh layer underneath thus leaving it smooth and fresh. Micro dermabrasion also helps your skin rejuvenate faster than normal. It is a simple, straight forward, non-invasive procedure that revitalizes dull skin, reduces large pores, erases fine lines and wrinkles, acne scars, reduces mild pigment irregularities (hyperpigmentation), stretch marks and age spots. Likewise, it encourages the production of a new underlying layer of skin cells with higher levels of collagen and elastin, which further improves your skin’s appearance.
Microdermabrasion is much gentler than dermabrasion, which is a more intensive procedure used to treat deeper facial lines, extreme sun damage, and scars. Microdermabrasion is so gentle that it can be performed at home aside from beauty salons, spas and medical or dermatological offices. It is recommended for adults who are in good physical health, with realistic expectations for the outcome of their treatment. People who do not have enough available time to undergo more invasive skin resurfacing treatments such as dermabrasion, laser skin resurfacing, or chemical peels may also be good candidates for microdermabrasion.
Microdermabrasion treatments are safe, quick and are typically without side effects. Treatments are good for almost all skin types, and are excellent for those with sensitivities to chemical procedures. Immediately following your treatment, you may return to your normal daily activities. For optimal results, a series of multiple treatments are recommended. Additional treatments encourage the production of a new layer of skin cells containing higher levels of collagen and elastin, both of which further improve your skin's appearance. It would be best to consult your dermatologist to fully understand what is Microdermabrasion before undergoing this treatment.
Jeff Dodd is well known in the field of Microdermabrasion Treatment. Please visit us at http://www.microdermabrasion-daily.com.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Dental Crowns and Bridges in Singapore
- What Is Glutathione
- Benefits of essential oils for skin care
- All you need to know about Lip Gloss
- 18 Healthy Superfoods For Skin Whitening Naturally
- Auroma Remedies for Natural Pain Relief
- How do you start a hairdressing career?
- Emotional Benefits of Getting a Tantric Massage
- Just how To Preserve A Brazilian Deep Wave Hair
- What Your Moles Say About Your Personality
- How Can I Restore The Collagen In My Face
- 7 Benefits of Massage Therapy
- Tantric Massage Preparation and Techniques
- Everyday Skin Care
- 5 Ways to Cope with Hair Loss Easily
- Instant Results Tips To get ride of Dark Neck Skin
- Can You Receive Messages On Match Com Without Paying?
- Acupunture Therapies in North London
- The best Anti-Aging Products We Swear by
- Benefits of HEMP (NOT CBD) Oil for Eczema
- Vitamin C Serum
- Benefits of Hemp Oil and Cream For Skin
- Common Hair Problems that Hair Extensions Can Fix
- Hair Extensions for Your Wedding - Things You Must Know
- Beauty Secrets From The Bible For Today's Modern Woman
- What to Look for in a Spa
- Does Acupuncture Really Work?
- What Should You Look For In Microblading Training Instructors
- Microblading Training: How Long Does It Take
- How To Avoid Microblading Training Scams