Simple Tips On Time Management Solutions
- Author Sonam Lama
- Published September 2, 2010
- Word count 699
With the increasing demands in our lives and the never ending cycle of feeling like there’s never enough time to do anything we’ve all, at some point or another, have asked ourselves, "Are there any real time management solutions?
The simple answer to that is, "yes" there are real time management solutions. In fact, there are now many time management solutions. Among them are 3 very valuable and effective ones. They are often referred to as the Top 3 Time Management Solutions. Here they are:
1.) Eliminate Distraction and Interruption
The reason why this is so effective and one that just works is because when you eliminate distraction and interruption you enter a "zone" where your focus just cannot be broken. Most people, like you may be in your current situation, when they work are very reactive and jump from one task to the next never fully completing one main particular task.
Often times, this is the cause of poor results and having to work overtime on a project or task that you should have completed earlier in the day. The best way to solve this problem is to be ruthless and turn off your cell phone, don’t check your email inbox, don’t text message anyone, don’t make any phone calls no matter how urgent you feel they may be and pretty much just stop doing the things that will distract you and not allow you to give your full focus on your task. And keep in mind this does not mean you have to do this the whole day, because as humans our attention spans can’t last that long.
So, just do this for periods at a time or as I like to call it, "blocks of time", which is preferably in the morning for 60 to 90 minutes at a time. Then take a break or make your phone calls and then come back for another focused block of time. Trust me, it works wonders.
2.) Eliminate Procrastination and Focus on Prioritizing
Among most time management solutions, one of the most popular and highly effective ones is to stop procrastinating and prioritize. It is vital to do add this to your arsenal of time management solutions because if you continue to procrastinate and allow it to take control over your actions it will become extremely difficult to overcome later on.
On top of that, it is widely known that procrastination is the biggest killer of productivity and is a habit that can be so easy to get trapped into.
The way to solve it is to be ruthless and take the most boring or difficult tasks and do them first. Doing this will eliminate the frustration you usually experience if you left your tasks for later in the day. By focusing on completing the most difficult tasks first you greatly increase your chances of not procrastinating and easily become far more productive.
3.) Avoid any desire to work for long periods of time
The reason this is a key component of effective time management solutions is because most of us experience burnout and have the misconception that working ourselves to exhaustion is the way to productivity. Nothing could be further from the truth.
Look, I understand showing your dedication and demonstrating your hard work through your countless hours of work may make you feel productive, but in actuality due to the exhaustion and overwhelming stress you’re putting yourself through your productivity is drastically going down.
The solution is to work in blocks of time and get to work on your "highest value" task and work for a solid hour to 90 minutes (whichever one you feel most productive with), take a short ten minute break and then work for another hour to 90 minutes.
By changing the way you complete your tasks with these 60 to 90 minute blocks of work time you will experience a more focused, short, high level intensity work pace. This will dramatically increase your results and performance.
Okay, so take some time to really understand these 3 time management solutions. Among all the other time management solutions, they are the most effective. Apply them to your business immediately and watch as your time management and productivity skyrocket.
Ready to discover real time management solutions and take your productivity skills to the next level? If you'd like to effectively manage yourself and your time and become dramatically more productive just go to http://www.TackleYourTime.com and grab your FREE Report right now on the "Top 10 Most Dangerous Mistakes Entrepreneurs Make With Time Management and Productivity."Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Six Ingredients of a Perfect Goal
- How to Get Freelance Writing Job
- What is your true passion [Self assessment guide]
- What is Behavior-Based Goal Setting?
- A New Year & A New Career
- Museums and the Marathon Man
- Start Again Today
- Reaching Your Goals Begins Here
- What is Your Word-of-the-Year for 2015?
- Essential Life Skills You Could Master This Summer
- Enhance Self Esteem - How Your DNA Could Be Involved?
- Youngest Entrepreneurs - Keeley Tillotson and Erika Welsh
- How To Generate Ideas For Greatness
- "Life With Woody" ten inspiring quotes than can strengthen your self
- Conquer The Obstacles to Achieving Your Goals In Life
- Poor Qualities to Avoid If you'd like to Realize All your Goals
- Goal Setting / Where Do You Want To Be In Your Life?
- Ten Surefire Ways to get frustrated about visualization or fail at it
- How To Apply The Law Of Attraction To achieve your goals and become A Millionaire
- How To Create A Vision Board And Attract Your Goals
- Stop Existing And Start Living!
- Be SMART when Setting Goals
- Create Greater Success with Effective Goal Setting
- Helping Others to Progress Creates Business Success
- Rear View Mirror
- Truly Accomplishing Goals that Matter
- Are Your Affirmations Positive? How to Do Them Right
- The Successful Mindset
- Profession Planning Goals -- Have Concrete Career Focussed Goals Today
- Personal and Career Planning Goal Setting : Set Positive Job and Career Goals