How Smiling More Can Benefit Your Well-Being
- Author Dr. Lou Graham
- Published February 15, 2022
- Word count 490
What’s your facial expression right now? Are your brows furrowed as you read this article? Maybe you’re already smiling because you learned from the title that your grin can benefit your well-being. You might be surprised to learn that Yale Research found that while the average woman smiles 62 times per day, the average man clocks in at only eight. If you’re interested in learning how your smile frequency impacts your health, read on!
How Smiling Positively Impacts Your Health
Breathing, walking, and your facial expressions all come naturally. So much so that you probably rarely give any thought to it as you go about your day. However, your brain is constantly assessing your experiences and analyzing your physical responses to act accordingly. A perfect example of this is when you smile. The specific muscles in your face responsible for this expression signal to your brain to release mood-boosting chemicals. This response not only enhances your mood, making you happier, but it also decreases stress levels, benefiting your overall health.
A Few Ways to Smile More
Naturally, you may be wondering how to enjoy the benefits listed above. It’s as easy as smiling right now! As you’re reading this, imagine seeing an old friend, relaxing on a warm beach, or eating a delicious meal – a scenario that makes you happy. Now smile. Even if it feels disingenuous at first, that’s okay. Your brain will still interpret that signal to release those mood-boosting chemicals. If that feels too awkward for you, try hanging out with positive, happy people. Seeing their smiles will trigger the mirroring neurons in your brain, causing you to smile as well. You can also try watching a sitcom, stand-up comic, or a funny movie.
But What If You Don’t Like Your Smile?
If you don’t like your smile, you may be trying to hide it, not show it off more. If this sounds all too familiar, then you should consider talking to your dentist about cosmetic dentistry. Whether you’re insecure about an obvious dental flaw, like a missing tooth, or something only you notice, like slight dental discoloration, it’s worth having a conversation about. From there, your cosmetic dentist can discuss your treatment options, as well as the process for each. That way, you can make an informed decision on which smile-enhancing treatment is best for you. Once you have the bright, flawless, and beautiful teeth you’ve been dreaming of, you won’t be able to stop smiling!
From celery juice and yoga classes to daily meditations, it seems like everyone is on a quest for wellness. Who knew that enhancing your mood and your health could be as simple as smiling more! And if you need a little help getting your teeth to a place where you are happy to show them off, then don’t hesitate to schedule an appointment with a skilled cosmetic dentist.
There are no posted comments.
- Living a Meaningful Life
- Giving Up Utopia
- Decision Making and Wisdom
- What to Ask Before You Hire A Chicago Life Coach
- 7 Steps Goal Setting System
- 5 Productivity Hacks To Get More Done
- Six Ingredients of a Perfect Goal
- How to Get Freelance Writing Job
- What is your true passion [Self assessment guide]
- What is Behavior-Based Goal Setting?
- A New Year & A New Career
- Museums and the Marathon Man
- Start Again Today
- Reaching Your Goals Begins Here
- What is Your Word-of-the-Year for 2015?
- Essential Life Skills You Could Master This Summer
- Enhance Self Esteem - How Your DNA Could Be Involved?
- Youngest Entrepreneurs - Keeley Tillotson and Erika Welsh
- How To Generate Ideas For Greatness
- "Life With Woody" ten inspiring quotes than can strengthen your self
- Conquer The Obstacles to Achieving Your Goals In Life
- Poor Qualities to Avoid If you'd like to Realize All your Goals
- Goal Setting / Where Do You Want To Be In Your Life?
- Ten Surefire Ways to get frustrated about visualization or fail at it
- How To Apply The Law Of Attraction To achieve your goals and become A Millionaire
- How To Create A Vision Board And Attract Your Goals
- Stop Existing And Start Living!
- Be SMART when Setting Goals
- Create Greater Success with Effective Goal Setting