5 Guidelines To Develop Your Self Esteem
- Author Toni Davis
- Published October 1, 2010
- Word count 453
5 Guidelines To Develop Your Self Esteem
Your self esteem is important to the way you conduct yourself and it's about how you feel about yourself. It's about how much you like and respect yourself. High self esteem is where you are comfortable with yourself and low self esteem is where your inner critic takes over your thoughts so that you are negative to yourself. Psychologists feel that two out of every three people suffer from low self esteem. It would be pretty hard to become successful without developing your self-esteem. Building your self esteem takes some time but it is not IMPOSSIBLE.
Here are the 5 tips to get started:
Tip # 1 Avoid Negative Thoughts
Avoid all kinds of thoughts which make you feel bad about yourself. These include negative people, the ones who always criticize you, put you down. Avoid contact with these people as the more you associate yourself with these people the more your low self esteem will be out of control.
Tip # 2 Don't Put Yourself Down
We are often our own enemy when it comes to low self esteem. So you need to stop putting yourself down or listening to that harsh inner critic, RESPECT YOURSELF! Talk to yourself with positive words and positive attitude. When you catch yourself being too critical, counter it by saying something positive to yourself.
Tip # 3 Try To Expand Your Social Circle
A big social circle would definitely help you to conquer issues related to low self esteem. As the more people you make friends with who make you feel good the better you will feel about yourself. Make more friends no matter their age, colour, and religion.
Tip # 4 Decide What You Want To Be
Choose your role model and decide what kind of person you want to be. Pick qualities of your role model and try to bring them into yourself. It's a great step for self improvement and is known as visualization. If you visualize the kind of person you want to be and you do this every day you will start to pick up the qualities of your role model, which means in turn you will start to build self esteem.
Tip # 5 Do Something New
Do something new in other words start taking risks. For example talk with a stranger, be the first one to adopt new fashion, transform your looks by a new hairstyle as sometimes if you are not happy with the way you look you self esteem will begin to falter, therefore go and do something exciting like a bungee jumping or mountain climbing. In simple words make your life more exciting.
If you would like a free mini course in Building Self Esteem then please visit: www.haanelmasterkeysystem.com
An entrepreneur, working from home and would be more than willing to impart to you some tips on how you can earn profit direct from home. Kindly follow this link http://www.kwameoforiatta.com to download your free Quick Start Guide To Online Home-Based Profits.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- TRUST YOUR GUT
- Subjective perception – Process
- Ayahuasca and the evolution of consciousness
- Why not live vicariously through Yourself?
- Reverse Aging Through the Art Quantum Physics
- What causes depression and how can you cope with it?
- Meet Psychiatrist to free from Mental Illness
- Are you humble or vain?
- "The one word you need in order to succeed"
- Wait for it... -- On the virtue of patience
- Don't be that guy...
- Investigative Hypnosis: Is It Effective Or Completely Bogus?
- Healing Childhood Emotional Wounds
- Depression: It's All in Your Head
- Taking Depression By The Horns!
- Effect of Brain Injuries
- Enneagram Type 4: Creativity is your hidden treasure
- How To Remember Your Dreams
- Natural Ways of Dealing With Depression
- Difference between psychosis and schizophrenia
- Dr Eric Amidi on the Power of Positive Thoughts
- How to Increase Your Self-Esteem and Increase Success
- What Everybody Ought To Know About Self – Hypnosis
- Seven Ways to Maintain Eternal Happiness
- Preventing and Solving Crime by Reading the Criminal Mind
- Getting things done and stop procrastinating
- Alternative ADHD Solutions
- How Psychiatry Is Misunderstood
- What Celebrities Suffer from OCD Obsessive Compulsive Disorder?
- Important Facts about Mental Health