Learn How to Choose the Best Home Workout for Women
- Author Kathy Lambert
- Published December 21, 2010
- Word count 590
Choosing your best home workout program should be an easy process Getting confused happens all the time because there are so many different programs available today. Whatever you do, don't let confusion slow down your fitness journey. Just follow the tips below to find the best fitness program for you to do at home!
You'll need to take a little time to do some self-analysis and to figure out your goals and what you can reasonably commit to, but once you've done that, choosing the best home workout for you isn't hard at all.
Step One: Decide What You Want to Accomplish
What is it that you really want to accomplish? Would you be happier with yourself if you weighed less? Is toning your muscles important to you? Has poor health started to become an issue for you? Would you like to change an area of your body that you don't like? Maybe your hips or your behind? When you have a list of the things that are most important to you, selecting the best home workout program is going to be a breeze.
Step Two: Write Down What You Like to Do
Doing your daily workout shouldn't be a drag. Ideally, it will soon be something you enjoy and the chances of that happening are much greater if you can find a home workout program that matches your personality. How do you do that? It's simple, really! Take a few minutes and jot down a few of the physical activities that you enjoy. For example, do you often find yourself dancing along to your radio or out at a club on the weekend? Did you play a lot of sports in high school? Do you like to be really active or are slower paced activities more your thing? Home workout programs are not all created equal and there is one to match every personality. If you like to boogie down, try something like Turbo Fire with Chalene Johnson. If you loved sports in high school, Insanity with Shaun T may be more your thing. Finding the perfect program for you is dependent on the things that you really love doing.
Step Three: Get Committed
It may not make sense to make a commitment before you chose your workout program, but it's a good idea to think about how much time you can spend working out every day and how many days a week you'll be able to exercise. If you don't have a lot of time each day to devote to your fitness program, something like 10-Minute Trainer with Tony Horton may be right up your alley. On the other hand, if you have a half hour or hour to spend working out, you have a lot more options.
Step Four: Choose a Full Workout Program
No matter what area of your body you want to tone the most, you'll still want to buy a comprehensive workout program. What is a full workout program? It's one that will give you plenty of cardio training and resistance work to tone and shape your entire body, as well as burn fat. This is an important consideration because you want to engage your entire body and not just one part of it. A comprehensive program may cost you more up-front, but you'll be glad you chose one in the long run.
As you can see, finding the best home workout for you isn't that hard if you just take a little time to think about what you want and research your options.
Kathy Lambert loves health and fitness. It wasn't always this way though. Not many years ago, she weighed almost 100 pounds more than she does right now. After trying about every fad diet, she realized the only way to lose weight and to keep it off was to eat right and exercise. She know helps others on her blog Best Home Workout. Check it out for lots of tips and motivation on your fitness journey.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How to Understand the Physical Exercise
- How to get built to last a lifetime
- Breath and Body Work – A tool I use with some clients within my therapeutic work.
- Two Days a Week Strength Training
- How to squat
- Physio for Jaw Pain
- Beat the January blues
- Why I love the NordicTrack Studio Cycle s22i
- How to exercise your hip flexor
- 4 Effective Weight Loss Exercises
- The Massage With Extra Benefits – Hemp Oil Body Massages
- The Many Benefits of a Sports Massage
- Top 6 Benefits of Working With A Personal Trainer
- Vertigo and Dizziness
- The Benefits of Physiotherapy
- 3 Reasons Why You Should Get A Foam Roller
- Physiotherapy: For More than Just Sports Injuries
- Dry Needling vs Acupuncture
- Promise Of Genetic Testing For The Public
- Genetic Code for Diseases Slowly Being Cracked
- Few Effective Back Pain Relief Exercises
- Search for Purpose, not Happiness
- Strength vs. Cardio: Which Should You Go For?
- How to Control Constant Knee Pain and How It Will Be Treated
- 4 Ways to get better sleep
- The Secret To Six Pack Abs
- How can Physical Activity be a great ally against Depression?
- The Power of Crystals
- Everything You Need To Know About Total Knee Replacement Surgery
- Top Essential Oils for University Students