Why Choose To Be An Affiliate Marketer?
- Author Ian Basford
- Published December 21, 2010
- Word count 544
Affiliate marketing is all about getting paid for selling products and services you don't own, or provide, and staying on the right side of the law. Someone else goes to the trouble of developing services, software programs or digital products. They do all the hard work and you collect the money.
Of course, it's a little more complicated than that and there is some work involved. But to the keen affiliate marketer, the rewards can far outweigh any pitfalls.
Affiliate marketing is a revenue-sharing arrangement between the product developer, known as the affiliate merchant, and the affiliate marketer, who is anyone willing to promote the sale of the product by using any type of legal means available to advertise.
This relationship will allow the affiliate merchant to grow their revenue by paying only for the advertising that results in a sale. The affiliate marketer will profit by making a percentage on a sale that he does not have to manage when the sale is completed. In other words, the affiliate marketer's participation ends with the sale.
How the affiliate gets paid depends upon how the affiliate program is set up. Some merchants will run their own affiliate program. They'll have special types of software that assigns each affiliate marketer a special link that's used in promoting the product. The software will track the sales of every affiliate and the merchant will pay the commission periodically, using either PayPal or another method of payment.
Some merchants use a third party, such as Clickbank, who take care of the whole process, including payment to the affiliate. Clickbank also make it easier for the affiliate marketer by having a fully-searchable catalogue of products for the affiliate to choose from.
In selecting products or services to promote, the affiliate's income is directly tied to how well the selected product or service sells, and the size of the commission for that product. This means that it is very important to select carefully when it comes to choosing the affiliate merchant you'll be partnering with.
Be on the lookout for programs with commission rates no less than 50%. You should also give preference to programs that pay commission on multiple levels. This means that you'll also be able to earn commissions on sales made by people who buy the products through your affiliate link, then go on to become affiliates themselves.
You should only promote products and services for companies, or individuals, that provide you with training programs and sales aids, such as banners and other marketing materials, that you can use in your promotional efforts.
As an affiliate, you should try to select products that you aren't embarrassed to promote, and that you'll feel comfortable recommending to your family and friends if they should ask you about it.
You'll do much better if you promote products that you fully understand and are already familiar with. This way, you'll be able to write better adverts without having to worry about finding the right things to say.
Affiliate marketing is probably the best business model in the world. There is no stock to carry, no direct sales to make and no after-sale service to provide. It's also free to start, which is probably the reason there are so many affiliates out there.
For tips, tricks and advice to help you succeed online, please visit my blog at http://www.online-marketing-review.info. While you're there, grab yourself some of my FREE ebooks.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 3 Reasons Why Adsense Is Essential For Content Sites
- Huston Embroidery Service - Custom Patches & Embroidered Patcheso
- Affiliate marketing for beginners in 2020
- Learn about Advanced Quality Radiant Barrier for Your Home Protection.
- Advantages of Being an Affiliate Marketer
- How To Generate Recurring Income Streams
- How to make money online
- Cloud security training
- Prerequisites and Applications of Data Analytics
- How To Get More Leads To Your Business
- How to get free leads on a daily basis
- Get More Traffic
- SIP Benefits
- The Pros and Cons of a White Label Company
- Vitaminoza-Zoznm Helps Consumers Take Advantage of Health-Boosting Supplements at Affordable Prices
- How To Enhance Your Affiliate Marketing Profit
- Making Money with Articles: Article Directories
- FOCUS on Your Business Program
- Power of Focus !
- The 3 deadly traps that will torpedo your savings
- What is affiliate marketing and how to make money with it?
- Affiliate Marketing to Help You Earn Money Online
- Affiliate Marketing Tips
- Effective and efficient nationwide focus group recruiting
- Opens the Door of Opportunity for a Successful Business
- Internet Marketing Tips and Tricks
- Internet Affiliate Marketing Strategy: Is ‘Autopilot’ Working Without Working?
- Earning Online Business Income Really Can Be Done
- Do You Think You Can Start a Successful Online Home Business?
- Developing a Home Business – Make Life an Open Book