Tweak webpage content to increase affiliate sales
- Author Alan Cowgill
- Published February 21, 2011
- Word count 577
There are several components that make up how site visitors view our content.
There's the information itself--if we don't do a good job of explaining why the product we're selling is beneficial, our prospects will probably look elsewhere.
There's the way our content appears on a landing page. When someone hits an obnoxious web page, complete with flashing lights and clanging bells, it's not hard to guess how long they'll stay!
Then there's the art of placement. We must learn how to put each component of the landing page in the right place for maximum conversion power.
Let's spend a few minutes looking at each of these variables.
Develop a Way with Words
Why should someone buy the product you're selling? If you can't answer that question, you definitely need to regroup! Read your current site content and make sure it lets your prospects know how purchasing the product can make them more money, improve their lives or make them happier.
The secret to writing that kind of content is in knowing the product well. How easy is it to use? How quickly can the buyer expect results? How much additional income can they expect to make? Answer those questions and you'll hold your readers' interest. If you can cite your own experience in testimonials, you'll gain even more credibility.
If you're not hitting your sales goals, try rewriting your landing page. Break the page into sections and create several versions of each. Mix and match sections and test each combination for conversions. It won't take long to determine which writing style appeals to your target audience.
Make a Good First Impression
Have someone whose opinion you value go to your landing page. What's their first impression when they arrive? If their feedback includes the words "noisy, distracting, or hard to read", you're due for a redesign!
An affiliate product website doesn't need to be boring to sell products, but don't swing to the other end of the spectrum, either. Spend a little time looking at websites you've purchased products from. Obviously, there was something about them that appealed to you. As with content, try new colors, fonts and graphics and test different versions of your landing page. You'll know you've found the winning combination when you hit the right conversion ratio!
Everything in Its Place
It really is an art, discovering how people react to the placement of web page components such as contact forms, banners and videos. But that doesn't mean the average affiliate marketer can't learn to do it well. All it takes is the willingness to test, tweak, and test again until your target market begins to respond. Again, looking at successful competitors or people you purchase from online can give you clues.
Try putting banners at the bottom of the page. Place your free offer form in the right margin. Insert your video snippets at the beginning of your offer. Then start watching your site traffic and conversion rates. It's a simple thing to move components around on a webpage. You can even create several versions of your landing page and test to different segments of your list. I think you're going to be amazed at the results!
Learn to write solid content, or pay someone else to write it for you. Keep your website professional and easy to read. Commit to testing and tweaking until you find the most effective placement for components. Great rewards are in store!
E. Alan Cowgill
E. Alan Cowgill is the owner of Colby Properties, LLC. and President of Integrity Home Buyers, Inc. Since 1995, Alan has bought and/or sold hundreds of single family and small multi-family investment properties. His home study system, 'Private Lending Made Easy', shows others how to find private lenders for their very own real estate business.
His website is http://www.ALANCOWGILLSTORE.INFOArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 5+ Best Affiliate & Reseller Programs with Juicy Commissions (High Payouts)
- Best Ping Pong Table Indoor & Outdoor Reviews 2020
- Affiliate Marketing Advice for Beginners
- How To Choose The Best Affiliate Program And Make Money Online
- 3 Reasons Why Adsense Is Essential For Content Sites
- Huston Embroidery Service - Custom Patches & Embroidered Patcheso
- Affiliate marketing for beginners in 2020
- Learn about Advanced Quality Radiant Barrier for Your Home Protection.
- Advantages of Being an Affiliate Marketer
- How To Generate Recurring Income Streams
- How to make money online
- Cloud security training
- Prerequisites and Applications of Data Analytics
- How To Get More Leads To Your Business
- How to get free leads on a daily basis
- Get More Traffic
- SIP Benefits
- The Pros and Cons of a White Label Company
- Vitaminoza-Zoznm Helps Consumers Take Advantage of Health-Boosting Supplements at Affordable Prices
- How To Enhance Your Affiliate Marketing Profit
- Making Money with Articles: Article Directories
- FOCUS on Your Business Program
- Power of Focus !
- The 3 deadly traps that will torpedo your savings
- What is affiliate marketing and how to make money with it?
- Affiliate Marketing to Help You Earn Money Online
- Affiliate Marketing Tips
- Effective and efficient nationwide focus group recruiting
- Opens the Door of Opportunity for a Successful Business
- Internet Marketing Tips and Tricks