Computer Viruses, Trojan Horse and Worms
- Author Eddie Smith
- Published February 24, 2011
- Word count 457
Computer viruses can easily spread from one computer to another by attaching itself to programs and files. Do you know what greatly contributes to the spread of virus into you computer and to other computers? It is the action done by the user.
Viruses come in executable files. Meaning, it will not really affect your computer unless you run or open the malicious program. Oftentimes, because the user is not aware of malicious files and programs, they initiate it and this causes the activation within the computer.
There are a lot of anti-virus programs you can choose from which will enable you to protect your computer. Yet, it is still important to be aware about viruses because this will ensure that you can really avoid those malicious programs and files.
It is not enough to just know what a virus is. More importantly, you have to be aware of the other common threats that usually affect computers. Among the most common viruses are worms and Trojan horse. What exactly are these?
Worm is an algorithm which can cause damage your computer. The difference of worm among other computer threats is that is capable of spreading through your computer even without running or opening the program. It spreads from one computer to another through various methods of file transfer. What makes it worse is the fact that worms are often capable of replicating itself within your system.
On the other hand, Trojan horse is also another destructive program which can be quite tricky. Worms are capable of appearing in disguise. People who receive Trojan horse are often fooled into opening the file because it appears like a useful software or a program file from a reliable source. Trojan horse can do alterations to your computer like changing the desktop settings or adding unnecessary icons. In other cases, it causes more serious damage like deleting files in the hard drive.
If you think these two are already serious threats to your computer, there's something else that is much worse. That is, if virus, worm and Trojan horse were put together in one seriously destructive threat which is also called as the Blended Threat. Blended threats are more sophisticated and more complicated to create. At the same time, it also has a more detrimental effect. It can spread through the entire computer and even to networks which damages the files and programs and can even sacrifice the safety of confidential information within the system. Even worse, blended threats do not need to be activated by the user before it could attack your system, destroying the computer, the network and programs.
Keep yourself aware of these things and it will strengthen your defense against the viruses that may destroy your computer.
Total protection! VIPRE Antivirus Premium is high-performance antivirus + antispyware software with an integrated firewall. It doesn't slow down your PC like other security products. VIPRE PREMIUM - Click Here To Get Your 30 Day Free Trial Today.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Protect your files with drive image backup software
- How Cloud Management Values Change Your Business
- The U.S. Government and Zero Day Vulnerabilities
- Spyware – Yet Another Cyber Menace
- Reset lost passwords in Windows with Active@ Password Changer
- Antivirus measures you should know when your PC is infected with a virus
- Security Fit For Royalty!
- Global VPN Use Is Booming But So Is Cyber-Censorship
- Things to do to make your business, cyber secure
- The new European data protection system
- Avoiding Disaster: Make Website and Business Asset Backups Mandatory
- 12 Ways to Keep Your Data & Identity Safe Online
- Associate With Avast Support USA To Shield PC Against Viruses And Malware
- Microsoft Office Customer Service for Office Setup
- What is All-czech browser hijacker and how to remove it
- Methods to delete Web-start.org from computer and browser
- What is Odin ransomware, how to decrypt .odin files
- How to remove Loadstart browser hijacker
- How to remove Tech-connect.biz from Google Chrome and all other browsers
- How to remove Alma Locker ransomware virus
- How to remove SOEASYSVC adware from your browser
- How to get rid of SafeSurf virus
- How to remove Cryp1 virus and to restore the encrypted files
- What is Social2Search, and how it differs from other adware
- How to remove Hohosearch adware from computer and browser
- Browser Hijackers, the Methods Of their Action And the Ways to Remove Them
- 5 Website Security Issues You Should Be Aware Of?
- What is a denial of service attack?
- How to Remove VISUAL SHOPPER completely
- Just a few Thinkings In relation to File and Document Management Systems Protection