How to Raise Your Blog's Stick Rate
- Author Janise Majette
- Published April 29, 2011
- Word count 555
It is very easy to want to create a blog on, well, any topic really. The Internet is brimming with blogging services that allow you to launch your own blog for free. Of course, if you can't convince drive by traffic to become regular and loyal readers it won't matter how amazing your writing is or how beautifully you've designed your site. You need to put work into your whole blog if you want to make it sticky. There are a bunch of things that make people want to come back to your blog and trying to focus on all of them at the same time isn't doable. This is why the slow and steady approach to building blog stickiness is best; it allows you to grow alongside your blog.
A good way to inspire a onetime reader to turn into a loyal reader is to highlight the posts on your blog that have been the most popular. There's a good reason why these posts have become popular; your existing readers like them because of its quality content. So why should you let this content get buried inside?
Make it easy for visitors to find these posts by creating a link section for them. In a way, this allows you to show your readers that you routinely offer up great content for their perusal regularly and that gives them an incentive to visit you on a regular basis. Be sure to educate the people who read your blog about all of the different subscription options you've made available to them. While RSS has grown exponentially in terms of popularity, there are still people who aren't aware of how to use it. So your responsibility then is to educate those readers about the different options they have for reading your RSS feed in readers and staying updated on your blog. The more teaching you do about RSS feeds the more likely people will be to subscribe to your blog and your updates. For example, you could simply write a post or a page that explains "what RSS is." Just be creative and you will see lots of different options for things to try when you need to educate your readers.
Join the social revolution and build a Facebook fan page. Always give your readers the opportunity to subscribe to your blog updates through your fan page, which can be really helpful for those who don't want to mess with RSS feeds or e-mail updates. Facebook is the most popular online portal on the internet today and people spend tons of time on it so it makes sense to allow them to follow your feed through a service that they already use which simply acts as a traffic funnel for your blog or site. All in all, building a successful blog is based on balancing your content with the right kinds of traffic. If you build up a stable of regular readers you won't have to spend so much time trying to drive new traffic to your site. Your existing readers and subscribers will like what you have to offer and do the work for you. So it's important to focus on the quality of your blog and make sure you do whatever you can to raise your stick rate; everything else will simply fall in place.
There are no posted comments.
- 3 Reasons Why Adsense Is Essential For Content Sites
- Huston Embroidery Service - Custom Patches & Embroidered Patcheso
- Affiliate marketing for beginners in 2020
- Learn about Advanced Quality Radiant Barrier for Your Home Protection.
- Advantages of Being an Affiliate Marketer
- How To Generate Recurring Income Streams
- How to make money online
- Cloud security training
- Prerequisites and Applications of Data Analytics
- How To Get More Leads To Your Business
- How to get free leads on a daily basis
- Get More Traffic
- SIP Benefits
- The Pros and Cons of a White Label Company
- Vitaminoza-Zoznm Helps Consumers Take Advantage of Health-Boosting Supplements at Affordable Prices
- How To Enhance Your Affiliate Marketing Profit
- Making Money with Articles: Article Directories
- FOCUS on Your Business Program
- Power of Focus !
- The 3 deadly traps that will torpedo your savings
- What is affiliate marketing and how to make money with it?
- Affiliate Marketing to Help You Earn Money Online
- Affiliate Marketing Tips
- Effective and efficient nationwide focus group recruiting
- Opens the Door of Opportunity for a Successful Business
- Internet Marketing Tips and Tricks
- Internet Affiliate Marketing Strategy: Is ‘Autopilot’ Working Without Working?
- Earning Online Business Income Really Can Be Done
- Do You Think You Can Start a Successful Online Home Business?
- Developing a Home Business – Make Life an Open Book