Get Your Playground Design Right
- Author Pete Tooley
- Published May 11, 2011
- Word count 433
Children tell it like it is and getting them to love something can be a struggle, if you are spending money on a child's playground or you have playground funding, you need to make sure that the design is going to be well received, there are a few ways you can ensure you get the right playground equipment and keep the kid's active and enjoying themselves.
Firstly you need to define the age group the playground is going to be for, tall climbing frames and aerial runways are not going to inspire children between the ages of 2 and 5 and like wise small playhouses and springy animals are not going to get the thumbs up from a group of nine year olds who want to climb and use traverse equipment and possibly use the BMX track next door. If you envisage the playground to be used by a mixed age range, consider separating the areas by an invisible line, with playground equipment designated by age range to a specific area, this will ensure pre-schoolers are out of harms way and older children and not landing on top of little ones.
The second area is the location and ensuring you have enough room, if the space for the playground is relatively small, you should dismiss equipment such as swings, as these require safe swing zones around them, also if using aerial equipment the space underneath cannot be utilised for any other activity. It might be worth looking at school playground equipment to see how schools use space and of course they have minimal budgets, this means you can see how space and budget may constrain you or inspire you.
If the space you have is quite small then consider using multi play areas, these incorporate many attributes children love and you can have numerous children playing on the same piece of equipment. Many of the features of this type of playground equipment is a main structure such as a fort or playhouse and from this HQ there are a variety of play areas from slides, balance and traverse fun plus climbing walls and children's favourites, tunnels.
There are some great playground designers who can give you valuable advice in how to make your playground ideas come to fruition. They have many years experience of how children interact with playground equipment and they are used to working with tight budgets, this means you are more likely to get the most out of the space you have. They are also probably able to give you advice on funding options for your park or school playground equipment project.
Written by Pete Tooley, a former teacher who now designs outdoor play areas for schools using eco-friendly school playground equipment. The use of outdoor classrooms can have amazing results and a opens up a whole a new way of teaching.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 5 Tips To Choose Child Insurance
- 21 Congratulations Messages On New Born Baby Boy
- John Deere Ride-On Toys for Children Manufacturing Peg Perego
- Benefits and Features of Parental Remote Control Ride on Cars for Your Child
- Choosing the Best Ride-On Toy for Your Toddler
- The Importance of Riding Toy Phase Tricycles
- Construction Ride On Toys for Kids
- 5 Amazing Benefits of Ride-On Toys for Kids
- 5 Ways Push And Walking Toys Can Help Your Baby
- An Open Letter to Young People
- Best 10 Essential Items You Need To Buy Before Bringing Your Baby Home
- The Benefits of Spring Camp - Why Sending Your Kid To The Camp Is A Good Idea
- Application of Coloring Books in Children's Education
- How to make your child's sneakers look like new
- Home Schooling Nine to Twelve Year Olds and Socialization
- Home Schooling Six to Eight Year Olds
- Home Schooling Three to Five Year Olds and Legal Requirements
- Home School: Teaching Your Child
- Why Homeschool Your Child
- How Can an Experienced Family Law Lawyer Help in a Custody Situation
- Three Key Considerations When Buying a Toy Chest
- How Creating Art, Videography, and Music Helps Troubled Teens
- How can Residential Treatment help Teens Turn Their Live's Around
- Amateur in the Kitchen
- The 4 Unique Ways That Playing a Musical Instrument Can Modify Your Child’s Brain For Success
- Fort Worth Child Custody Lawyer Explains Texas Parenting Plan
- Get Back in Shape With a Baby Jogger Stroller
- Modern Childhood: Are Virtual Pets a Game Changer?
- Children's Learning Toys Guide
- How to Make Sure Your Baby Ready for Potty Training