Memory Improvement: Keeping A Happy Mind
- Author Robinson Luke
- Published June 10, 2011
- Word count 518
Memory improvement has a lot to do with keeping healthy, in terms of a good diet and keeping physically active. However, did you know that keeping happy is also beneficial for the memory? There are a number of ways to improve the memory by spending time with friends and having a good laugh!
Have Good Friends...Or A Dog
As a species, humans are very social. In fact, interacting with others is very important within our lives: it works as a stimulus for our minds and has even been shown to improve memory. Research has proved that people who have a busy social life exhibited a slower decline in terms of memory loss. Therefore, good memory improvement techniques include joining a club, hanging out with friends more or even buying a dog!
Laughter isn't just good for our emotional well being but also memory improvement. Certain emotions only stimulate certain areas of the brain. Laughter, however, effects a large number of regions. It can also stimulate the mind on an intellectual level, for example if you need to figure out a joke. There are a number of ways in which you can use laughter to improve memory:
Get involved if you hear someone laughing: find out what the joke is!
Laugh at yourself: make embarrassing moments funny instead of painful.
Hang out with people who are light hearted and see the funny side of life.
Read a funny book or find humorous jokes online.
Keep surrounded with comic reminders, for example silly photographs or posters.
A good memory improvement tip is to relax. If you're more relaxed you're naturally happier. If you're stressed for long periods then this can be very detrimental to your brain: it can destroy cells and also damage your hippocampus which is the region that stores memories. There are a number of memory improvements techniques which can help keep stress in check. For example:
Meditation has been scientifically proven to help memory improvement. This is because, in terms of stress, it helps to reduce anxiety and depression as well as physical disorders including high blood pressure and diabetes. Meditation also assists with improving concentration, creativity and learning skills. Mediation physically changes your brain in a number of ways: it stimulates the left prefrontal cortex which is the part of the brain that focuses on happiness, it helps the brain to make more connections between cells and it thickens the cerebral cortex.
Yoga is another method used for stress relief and, therefore a technique which can be used for memory improvement. This uses a number of stationary poses and deep breathing exercises which help to relax the body and the brain.
There are a number of techniques to choose from for memory improvement. Simply go online for a multitude of methods by which to improve memory.
Your body and your mind are interconnected and how you feel seriously effects you as a whole. Simply feeling happier and more relaxed can greatly help with memory improvement. Not only will these techniques help you remember more but they'll make you feel good too!
Memoryimprovement101.org is one of the best sites offering you free audio and articles for memory improvement.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Subjective perception – Process
- Ayahuasca and the evolution of consciousness
- Why not live vicariously through Yourself?
- Reverse Aging Through the Art Quantum Physics
- What causes depression and how can you cope with it?
- Meet Psychiatrist to free from Mental Illness
- Are you humble or vain?
- "The one word you need in order to succeed"
- Wait for it... -- On the virtue of patience
- Don't be that guy...
- Investigative Hypnosis: Is It Effective Or Completely Bogus?
- Healing Childhood Emotional Wounds
- Depression: It's All in Your Head
- Taking Depression By The Horns!
- Effect of Brain Injuries
- Enneagram Type 4: Creativity is your hidden treasure
- How To Remember Your Dreams
- Natural Ways of Dealing With Depression
- Difference between psychosis and schizophrenia
- Dr Eric Amidi on the Power of Positive Thoughts
- How to Increase Your Self-Esteem and Increase Success
- What Everybody Ought To Know About Self – Hypnosis
- Seven Ways to Maintain Eternal Happiness
- Preventing and Solving Crime by Reading the Criminal Mind
- Getting things done and stop procrastinating
- Alternative ADHD Solutions
- How Psychiatry Is Misunderstood
- What Celebrities Suffer from OCD Obsessive Compulsive Disorder?
- Important Facts about Mental Health
- Treatment Plans for Drug Addicts