How toys can help children develop skills & learn
- Author Scottie Chimera
- Published June 13, 2011
- Word count 524
Most parents love to buy toys for their child. It is fun to pick out brightly coloured things that the child will enjoy and be entertained with. But toys are more than entertainment. They are a teaching tool for the parent and child.
When young children play make believe, they are learning to act in a grown up way and try new things. Toys can help them in this process. Play food, dishes and a small kitchen let them practice cooking in a safe, simple manner.
Toys should be thought of as an investment. All though it is tempting to buy the items from the local ads, it is not always the best idea. Plastic toys that break easily will only cause frustration and confusion.
Having too many toys is not a good idea. Quality is always better. Buy a few well thought out items. Take some time to do research and know what you are getting. Wood has always been a safe and quality toy source. Many of the toys that are shared among several children over the years are wood. They are strong and will hold up under most circumstances.
Wheely bugs are becoming a popular toy for young children. They are wooden toys that are fun for the young child to ride on and yet they are safe and well constructed. They are in the shape of a small bug. They are brightly painted and come in two different sizes. Young children can ride on them for hours and enjoy the independence this toy will give them. Their first experience on a bike like structure.
A Wheely bug can also be their first science lesson. You can point out that they are riding on a lady bug. Talk about bugs and what they do even to the smallest child. Although they may not understand, over time they will and so the learning curve begins.
Look for the ordinary things in life to point out lessons to your children, they are life time learners and it starts at a very early age. Give them simple and well-constructed toys and you will be happy you did. Because children learn from playing and even the simplest toys can cause the imagination to soar.
If you are on a budget, you can find toys at garage sales and second hand stores. Remember, only look for quality items that will endure strong play and keep your child safe.
Plastic is popular and trendy toys are tempting, but not worth the work of watching them break and have to be thrown out. If friends and family give your child toys which you would rather not have for them, just say thank you and pass them on to someone else.
Building a collection of toys for your child and your family is something that will serve you well in the long run. It takes thought and effort, but your children will benefit from this in ways you cannot imagine.
Remember, toys are for fun, but they can teach children at the same time as they play. School starts the day they are born and you are the teacher.
Scottie is a part-time columnist, writing infrequent columns in the UK. The complete range of wheelybug ride on toys as well as children's toys are available with free delivery at Designer Ark. For more information please visit the Designer Ark website.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 5 Tips To Choose Child Insurance
- 21 Congratulations Messages On New Born Baby Boy
- John Deere Ride-On Toys for Children Manufacturing Peg Perego
- Benefits and Features of Parental Remote Control Ride on Cars for Your Child
- Choosing the Best Ride-On Toy for Your Toddler
- The Importance of Riding Toy Phase Tricycles
- Construction Ride On Toys for Kids
- 5 Amazing Benefits of Ride-On Toys for Kids
- 5 Ways Push And Walking Toys Can Help Your Baby
- An Open Letter to Young People
- Best 10 Essential Items You Need To Buy Before Bringing Your Baby Home
- The Benefits of Spring Camp - Why Sending Your Kid To The Camp Is A Good Idea
- Application of Coloring Books in Children's Education
- How to make your child's sneakers look like new
- Home Schooling Nine to Twelve Year Olds and Socialization
- Home Schooling Six to Eight Year Olds
- Home Schooling Three to Five Year Olds and Legal Requirements
- Home School: Teaching Your Child
- Why Homeschool Your Child
- How Can an Experienced Family Law Lawyer Help in a Custody Situation
- Three Key Considerations When Buying a Toy Chest
- How Creating Art, Videography, and Music Helps Troubled Teens
- How can Residential Treatment help Teens Turn Their Live's Around
- Amateur in the Kitchen
- The 4 Unique Ways That Playing a Musical Instrument Can Modify Your Child’s Brain For Success
- Fort Worth Child Custody Lawyer Explains Texas Parenting Plan
- Get Back in Shape With a Baby Jogger Stroller
- Modern Childhood: Are Virtual Pets a Game Changer?
- Children's Learning Toys Guide
- How to Make Sure Your Baby Ready for Potty Training