Fantasy Football, NFL and Players take the next step to a CBA settlement
- Author Emil Kadlec
- Published August 14, 2011
- Word count 319
In the next step of the NFL and players CBA agreement, today both sides will make their arguments in front of the eighth circuit court in regards to lifting the NFL lockout. Fantasy football managers are hoping for a conclusion to this very soon.
However, no immediate decision is supposed to be rendered, and the judges may take anywhere from two to six weeks in making their decision. The eighth circuit court strongly hinted in their last decision that they would rule in keeping the lockout in place. Their last decision was to maintain the lockout after they gave their emergency ruling to reinstate the lockout when the NFL filed with them immediately after Judge Nelson ruled the lockout illegal. In that decision they hinted that after the June 3 hearing they most likely were going to keep the same rolling which would hold the lockout and leave fantasy football managers sitting on their hands and waiting.
Possible light at the end of the tunnel occurred earlier this week when the NFL and players met secretively for essentially two days – without lawyers! Following this the judge initiated or should I say advanced the mediation to what he called "confidential settlement talks." Confusing as it may be, this could be inkling that fantasy football may be just around the corner.
Optimism needs to be tempered at this point. The realization that the players have not lost very much income, to date, means that they may not be in a big hurry to settle, despite the fact that the NFL seems to be holding the upper hand at this point. The majority of their income is earned during the regular season which means week one is a pivotal point and that's far far away. However, there is hope that during this two to six week time frame both sides could make some meaningful agreements now that we're in this confidential settlement mode.
There are no posted comments.
- The Best Player Fordsville Never Had
- The Legend of Carr Creek
- Greatest Basketball Game I Ever Witnessed
- Rupp and Race
- Way Too Early 2022-2023 College Basketball Top 25
- Calipari Needs To Go
- Joe B. Hall, RIP
- Becoming A Professional Esports Player: The Essential Steps
- Rising Freshman Brings Hype
- Cyprus National Team: The «swan» they left… ugly duckling
- Odd Baseball Rules You May Not Be Aware Of
- Choose Boating Accessories That Best Work for Your Boat
- The Recurring Issue of Political Interference in Sports Governance (the case of the Nigeria Rugby Football Federation)
- Who is Brad Marchand?
- New York Sports Hall of Fame Relaunches with Historic Content from Comprehensive Digital Archives
- 360 Hoops Names Longtime Nike Executive Archie McEachern As CEO
- Manchester United Is LOVE
- Beckham Eyeing Messi, Ronaldo to Play for Inter Miami
- Finding the Best Basketball Shoes For Kids
- Closed Coil Golf Swing
- Closed Coil Golf Swing
- Why Do Kids Feel Safer With Inground Trampolines?
- Running Shop Guide - Tips For Buying Running Equipment Online
- Football Shirts & Top Christmas Gift Ideas For Soccer Fans
- Badminton Equipment: Tips For Buying Badminton Gear Online
- Basketball Hoops & Nets - Tips For Buying Basketball Hoops Online
- Tips For Buying Free Standing Basketball Hoops Online
- The Best Tips For Buying Your Sporting Equipment Online
- Golfing in Ireland - Tips On How To Improve Your Score On The Golf Course
- UK Shop Clothing, Helmets, Boots, kit FREE Delivery