The Fluffy Plush Uglydoll Characters
- Author Shannon Rae Treasure
- Published August 31, 2011
- Word count 444
From the creative tandem of David Horvath and Sun-Min Kim, the Uglydoll started to be just an orange drawing sent by David to Sun-Min while she was in Korea. It was the year 2001 when the orange character named Wage became a constant character on David’s letter to his soon to be wife. It had a saying at the bottom of the character which stated: "Working hard to make our dreams come true so we can be together again soon". A few months later, Sun-Min had sewn the character into a plush doll which she sent to David as a surprise.
David showed the doll to his friend and owner of Giant Robot, Eric Nakamura. David then asked Sun-Min to create more the plush characters to be displayed at Los Angeles’ Giant Robot store. The 12-inch dolls were first released in 2002 which sold out in one day. This was the start of the couple’s successful venture. In 2006, Uglydoll won the award for Specialty Toy of the Year which was a distinction given by the Toy Industry of America.
Today, the citizens of Uglyverse which is a universe filled with these cute and lovable ugly characters have several items to offer. From plush dolls, the company has action figures, blankets, apparels, ceramics, watches, pillows, books, and other gift sets to offer. Some of the most popular characters from the Uglyverse are:
Wage – The original orange character who is a hardworking and works at a local super mart.
Dave Darinko – He is a natural born leader who likes music.
Brip – This is another hardworking character who serves cakes and pastries at a local coffee cake shop.
Suddy – She is an orange cuddly character who is always on the go.
Jrumpy – This purple three-eyed thing is all about willpower.
Mrs. Kasoogi – She runs the house and keeps it in order. She is an orange Uglydoll who loves to keep attention on small details
Basheeshee – He is a blue colored character who has a pair of long ears and is Big Toe’s little brother.
Ice-Bat – He likes hanging upside down in ice cave or even in a freezer.
Winkolina – Her distinguishable feature is that she doesn’t have eyes but she is an adventurous companion.
Tray – She is the brains among the Uglydolls and she even has three brains. Her eyes are blue because of munching too much blueberries.
There are even more characters in the Uglyverse that you might want to check out. But if you have not met these guys until now, wait until you see their upcoming movie from Universal Pictures alongside with its Illumination Entertainment division which created the successful Despicable Me.
If you would like to get started in collecting dolls, or introduce a loved one to the tradition of doll collecting it might be a good idea to start with dolls that interest them and are of relatively low cost. Our Generation Dolls are great for younger girls while Monster High Dolls might be better aimed at pre-teen and teenage young ladies.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Capital Homesteading for Kids Interested in Going to College
- Teach Your Child Robotics For Kids
- TEEN ENTREPRENEUR: 4 Ways to Guide your Teenager to Success
- 5 Tips To Choose Child Insurance
- 21 Congratulations Messages On New Born Baby Boy
- John Deere Ride-On Toys for Children Manufacturing Peg Perego
- Benefits and Features of Parental Remote Control Ride on Cars for Your Child
- Choosing the Best Ride-On Toy for Your Toddler
- The Importance of Riding Toy Phase Tricycles
- Construction Ride On Toys for Kids
- 5 Amazing Benefits of Ride-On Toys for Kids
- 5 Ways Push And Walking Toys Can Help Your Baby
- An Open Letter to Young People
- Best 10 Essential Items You Need To Buy Before Bringing Your Baby Home
- The Benefits of Spring Camp - Why Sending Your Kid To The Camp Is A Good Idea
- Application of Coloring Books in Children's Education
- How to make your child's sneakers look like new
- Home Schooling Nine to Twelve Year Olds and Socialization
- Home Schooling Six to Eight Year Olds
- Home Schooling Three to Five Year Olds and Legal Requirements
- Home School: Teaching Your Child
- Why Homeschool Your Child
- How Can an Experienced Family Law Lawyer Help in a Custody Situation
- Three Key Considerations When Buying a Toy Chest
- How Creating Art, Videography, and Music Helps Troubled Teens
- How can Residential Treatment help Teens Turn Their Live's Around
- Amateur in the Kitchen
- The 4 Unique Ways That Playing a Musical Instrument Can Modify Your Child’s Brain For Success
- Fort Worth Child Custody Lawyer Explains Texas Parenting Plan
- Get Back in Shape With a Baby Jogger Stroller