Hot Air Balloon Rides Across Leicestershire
- Author Eve Ashwell
- Published December 6, 2011
- Word count 411
Beautiful landscapes, timeless countryside and charming settlements are what make Leicestershire a region widely recognised for its beauty. There’s something for everyone, with the hustle and bustle of traditional market towns, to the distinct scenery of Charnwood Forest. A hot air balloon ride over Leicestershire provides the perfect chance to observe this county from a truly unique perspective, allowing you to take in the region in its full scenic glory.
One of the tremendous sights visible from the air is Stanford Hall. The stunning mansion was built in the 1690s for Sir Roger Cave and is still home to his descendants. It is undoubtedly one of the most exquisite examples of the architecture in the area. The property is set in acres of gardens and really is a must see for anyone in the area. Stanford Hall is a popular launch site in the county, allowing many people to enjoy the wonderful sights of Leicestershire from above.
Another of the outstanding views is Rutland Water, the largest man-made reservoir in Europe. It covers an astonishing 3,100 acres and has a 25 mile road circling the perimeter. It supplies the driest and most densely populated part of Britain, East Anglia, with the vast majority of its water supply.
As well as areas of tremendous natural beauty, these are the perfect locations to set off on your magical ballooning experience.
While you’re visiting the region, there are many other places to explore. The city of Leicestershire is a thriving city full of surprises. It boasts Europe’s largest outdoor covered market, as well as the National Space Centre to explore. There are over 150 interactive exhibits and at the time of writing, visitors can upgrade their ticket to an annual pass free of charge.
As well as the diverse, cultural city of Leicester, there’s also Melton Mowbray. This picturesque town is home to one of Britain’s favourite snacks, the pork pie. Leicester is also known for producing the world famous cheeses Stilton and Red Leicester. Be sure to taste some of the world’s finest dairy produce while you’re in the county. The county is also the home of two of Britain’s last homegrown vehicle manufacturers, Noble and Triumph.
Wherever you are in this stunning rural county, you will never be too far away from a dream balloon flight that will provide you with an airborne adventure, allowing you to experience the county in a way you’ll remember forever.
Submitted by Eve Ashwell, Digital Marketing Executive at Virgin Balloon Flightss. Virgin Balloon Flights operate the largest fleet of hot air balloons in the UK, offering the experience of hot air ballooning from over 100 launch sites across the country.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Carthage, Tunisia
- Amazing things to do in Georgia
- 10 Important Forest Reserves in Vietnam
- The 10 Best Destinations For The Motorcycle Camping In The United States
- Great Destinations for a Motorcycle Camping Trip
- What to visit in Marrakech?
- 10 Facts About Ferrari World, Abu Dhabi
- Best European Places for Winter Vacations
- Best Places in Europe for New Year’s Eve
- Tips to Cool Down on Kimberley Cruises
- Considering Cruise Deals - 5 Things You Shouldn’t Do on Your First Cruise
- Fishing and Marine Life You Can Enjoy on Kimberley Cruises
- 9 Places You Should Visit In Granite Bay
- Best Places To Live In Placer County
- Top 7 Places To Visit In The Bay Area
- Tourist Attractions In Nevada County
- Top 8 Attractions Of The San Francisco Bay Area
- Escape to Greece Without Having To Take A Ferry
- Cheap Holidays in Egypt - Archaeological Wonders to Explore during your Vacation
- Where to swim in Athens
- Life at Cape Flattery Lighthouse
- Where to Stay in Santorini the Best Towns & Hotels
- Alki Point: From a Kerosene Lantern to Lighthouse
- Marrowstone Point Light and the "Triangle of Fire"
- The Lighthouse That Sheltered an Indian Woman
- Short break to Dubrovnik
- Temples Of Chiang Mai Thailand
- 48 hours in Yerevan, Armenia
- Todos Santos, Guatemala
- A Perfect Day In Prague