Alternative health care options
- Author Artur Cosicov
- Published January 26, 2012
- Word count 488
There are many alternative health care options including hypnotherapy, homeopathy, acupuncture and reflexology to name but a few.
During a hypnotherapy session the subject is put into a trance-like state by several different methods. The hypnotist then makes various suggestions in order to change the subject's sensations, thoughts or behavior. The results vary from person to person, depending on their susceptibility - in many cases it can be very successful.
Homeopathic treatments are based on using very small amounts of a substance similar to that which may have caused the problem initially. This is said to stimulate the body's own healing powers. This alternative therapy has its detractors but there is no doubt that it appears to work in some cases. This form of alternative health care has been around since the 18th century and has sometimes been described as ‘like cures like'.
Reflexology is an ancient Chinese form of alternative health care. Areas of the feet are manipulated with the therapist's fingers and thumbs, not needles as with acupuncture. The therapist stimulates certain areas of the feet and this relates to corresponding parts of the body. It can be used to treat stress, chronic back pain and infertility for example.
Herbal remedies play a large part in alternative health care. There are hundreds of different types and they can be used to treat a wide range of disorders. However, care must be taken as they can react with conventional medicines. Many conventional medicines are, in fact based on herbs and plants. Digitalis (used for treatment of heart disease) comes from the foxglove and the painkiller Aspirin derives from willow bark. Herbal remedies are widely available from health food shops and come in the form of tablets, capsules, ointments, and teas amongst others. If your problem is more complicated it is possible to visit a practitioner. Take care when choosing a practitioner as anyone can set up as a herbal practitioner. Choose one who belongs to one of the professional bodies that regulate standards.
Ayurveda is another alternative health care tradition originating in India. With Ayurveda traditional herbal remedies are used in combination with yoga, massage, diet and meditation – a very holistic approach.
Many therapies including occupational, speech and physical can be carried out in the comfort of your own home. These therapies are invaluable for rehabilitation after a stroke or accident. Most medical insurance policies will support home health care.
Home health care is also available for mainstream patients. Qualified professionals can give help with pain management, changing dressings and care after illness or injury. The advantages are enormous – saving the time and expense involved in travelling to a suitable medical centre, preserving quality of life and privacy for example.
Studies have shown that patients receiving home health care recover more quickly than those who are cared for in institutions. A better atmosphere and the reassurance of being with family and friends all help the recovery process.
If you would like to find out more about alternative health or home health care please click this link www.evomi.comArticle source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- What are The Most Important Pages to Include on Your New Website?
- How to Make Money by Creating a Content-Filled Website
- What are the 7 Things to Avoid at All Costs with WordPress Blogging?
- What are the Secrets of Writing Killer Blog Posts?
- What are Common Sense Guidelines for Using WordPress?
- Why Incorporating Hex Bars into Your Strength Training Routine is a Game-Changer
- Enhancing Oral Hygiene: The Power of Electric Toothbrushes
- Healthcare's Digital Transformation Re-eingeneered
- The Rise of Affordable Electric Toothbrushes: Affordable Dental Care at Your Fingertips
- "Vax Vacuum Parts: My Personal Guide to Keeping Your Vacuum Cleaner in Top Shape"
- Understanding Vax Vacuum Parts: A Comprehensive Guide
- "Inside the Machine: A Comprehensive Guide to Vacuum Cleaner Parts and Their Functions"
- Achieve Superior Oral Hygiene with the Oral-B Pro 500 Electric Toothbrush
- The Blossoming Power Of Nature: How Flowers Can Nurture Physical And Mental Wellbeing
- The Key to Establishing a Healthy Sleep Routine for Babies, Toddlers, and Children
- How to Optimize and Speed Up Your WordPress Blog
- How to Plan and Host a Successful Garage Sale: A Quick Guide
- Arborist Reports and Expert Consultation
- Stylish Men’s T-Shirts: Unforgettable Gift Ideas for Every Occasion!
- The Power of 3D Prototypes: Transforming Ideas into Tangible Innovations
- Checklist for the Essential Elements of Good Mental Health
- What Makes WordPress an Incredibly Powerful Blogging System?
- What Are the 10 Scariest Things About WordPress Blogging?
- How is WordPress the Best Choice for a Website?
- How to Find the Perfect Electric Toothbrush for Receding Gums: A Comprehensive Buyer's Guide
- How To Buy An Electric Toothbrush Under $50
- Parenting Influence on the Child’s Mental Health
- Unforgettable Stag Do: Exploring the Best European Destinations
- The Advantages of Epoxy Flooring
- Dimout or screen fabric?