Dog hair brushing: Is it essential?
- Author Richard Patrick
- Published April 4, 2012
- Word count 504
The relationship shared between humans and canines goes long back in history when canines used to be a part of their family not only for protection but also for hunting purposes. Canines had always been an integral part of the lives of the cave men. This is validated by many artifacts left behind by the inhabitants of that age. From then till now, dogs have become the most loved pets and their masters offer their utmost care and love towards the well being of the animal. In the events of taking care of the animal, it has been noted that the fur of dogs is extremely delicate and dog hair brushing is an essential part of it.
There are many institutions which offer professional services in improving the health and hygiene of the animal. Apart from that, most of the owners take personal interest in taking care of the health of their beloved and extremely loyal four legged friends. The fur of the dog is dependent on the geographical location from where it originates. The arctic dogs have a much thicker fur which protects them from those extremities. This is in contrast to the dogs belonging to the Mediterranean climate, where the fur is minimal so that the animal does not feel hot due to the fur. The problem of hair fall also persists; therefore dog hair brushing becomes a concern for the dog owners.
Apart from the health and hygiene of the dog, dog hair brushing is considered to be one of the best ways to bond with your beloved pet. Nothing would ease the animal more than feeling a soft touch helping it smoothe sections which it finds unreachable. This is considered to be one of the best ways to get closer with the dear animal. The animal not only feels healthier after a clean coat through the thorough dog hair brushing but also looks healthier. After being groomed by the owner, the animal’s responses are full of love and affection towards the master.
Another advantage that comes along after the Dog Hair Brushing is a better circulation of blood within the body of the animal. It gets all the more crucial for older animals since they need a better circulation than the younger ones. Last but not the least; matted hair which is caused due to extreme dirt and filth is completely avoided. Apart from brushing, clipping the hair off the animal is also essential. Matted hair can turn out to be a painstaking experience for the canine. Care should be taken while cleaning off the hair.
The hair can be cleaned off either by moving the hair brush through the hair or if the hair has been matted for a very long time, it would need to be shaved off. There are many steps which are to be religiously followed while cleaning the dog and the area where the animal resides. Canines are very susceptible beings and need a lot of love and care to lead a healthy life.
- Agnes, my Chihuahua
- Jump training a dog
- Dog car seats – yes or no?
- Training Is a Must for Puppies to Reach Their Ultimate Potential
- What to Expect in The First Months of Having a Puppy
- Dedicated to the Companionship of two lovable Pet dogs, Peppi and Bella
- Reasons Why Dogs Become Aggressive
- Things You Need to Consider Before Adopting a Dog
- Reasons why grooming your dog is good for you and the dog
- Best practices for pet-sitting
- Benefits of Owning a Dog
- The Benefits of Training Dogs with E-Collars
- Causes and Effects of Dog Anxiety
- Major Key Considerations to choosing a Dog
- Ways Reduce Dog's Separation Anxiety
- Dog Leashes
- Facts about Yorkshire Terriers
- How To Choose The Right Dog Food To Optimize Your Dog's Health
- How To Fend Off Sexual Mounting By Your Puppy
- Pros and Cons of Dog chewing on animal bones vs. Artificial Bones
- The Pros and Cons of Using E-collar vs. Leash
- What to Look for in a Dog Friendly Apartment
- Top 5 Benefits of the Dog Agility Training
- Teaching Your Dog to Settle
- 15 Basic Tips to Take Care of your Dog
- Things to Consider Before Buying a Labrador Puppy
- 10 basic tips to take care of your dog
- Hiring a professional to install my dog fence vs. DIY?
- Keeping Your Dog Safe While Traveling In A Car?
- German Shepherd Dogs: General Characteristics