BARF Diet for Dogs
- Author Barclay Brendan
- Published March 31, 2012
- Word count 477
The BARF diet probably does not sound like the most pleasant diet you have ever heard about. However, the term BARF stands for Biologically Appropriate Raw Food. This is something that many people are starting to choose for their dog. In evolutionary times, dogs and cats diet consisted of raw foods and this diet returns them to the eating habits that their ancestors once had.
While the ancestors of both dogs and cats mainly consumed whole food that was raw, times have changed and a lot of people feed their dogs processed food which definitely is not very healthy. When switching your dog to this diet, the diet of your pet will be balanced.
A lot of people fail to realize how unhealthy a lot of dog food is for their animals. A lot of the food on the market for dogs is actually very processed and not so healthy for dogs at all. Dry food, regardless of it claims, will not make your dog live a longer and healthier life. A lot of the food you find in the stores for dogs actually consists of flavor enhancing ingredients and pesticides amongst other harmful and unhealthy ingredients.
When you decided to start your dog on this diet, you will see the dramatic changes almost instantly. Your dog will not suffer from allergies and skin conditions that it may have suffered from at some point in time. Aside from eliminating the allergies and skin conditions, there are quite a few other benefits that come along with changing to this diet.
A lot of dogs have tarter buildup which basically leads to bad breath and ugly teeth. This particular diet, however, eliminates tarter and leaves your dog's teeth looking beautiful and healthy. Your dog will no longer suffer from itchy skin and allergies and his or her coat will look healthier and shinier than it did before.
Aside from these benefits, your pet will also lose weight and reach an ultimately healthy weight. It will have a stronger immune system which helps fight against illnesses and health conditions. This is extremely beneficial because you do not want your dog to suffer from illnesses or get sick.
There are many people who have never heard of this diet before and are surprised at how beneficial it can be for their dog. This is what your dog truly needs in order to live a healthier and happy life. There are many people who would suggest this diet, even veterinarians.
Aside from the benefits, your dog will actually enjoy the BARF diet. This diet consists of eating an assortment of raw meats. Meats include beef, lamb, pork, and chicken or a combination of the different meats. If you would like your dog to live a happy and healthy life, switching to this diet for your dog is something you need to do.
I'm a pet health specialist who specializes in human grade pet food.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Dog car seats – yes or no?
- Training Is a Must for Puppies to Reach Their Ultimate Potential
- What to Expect in The First Months of Having a Puppy
- Dedicated to the Companionship of two lovable Pet dogs, Peppi and Bella
- Reasons Why Dogs Become Aggressive
- Things You Need to Consider Before Adopting a Dog
- Reasons why grooming your dog is good for you and the dog
- Best practices for pet-sitting
- Benefits of Owning a Dog
- The Benefits of Training Dogs with E-Collars
- Causes and Effects of Dog Anxiety
- Major Key Considerations to choosing a Dog
- Ways Reduce Dog's Separation Anxiety
- Dog Leashes
- Facts about Yorkshire Terriers
- How To Choose The Right Dog Food To Optimize Your Dog's Health
- How To Fend Off Sexual Mounting By Your Puppy
- Pros and Cons of Dog chewing on animal bones vs. Artificial Bones
- The Pros and Cons of Using E-collar vs. Leash
- What to Look for in a Dog Friendly Apartment
- Top 5 Benefits of the Dog Agility Training
- Teaching Your Dog to Settle
- 15 Basic Tips to Take Care of your Dog
- Things to Consider Before Buying a Labrador Puppy
- 10 basic tips to take care of your dog
- Hiring a professional to install my dog fence vs. DIY?
- Keeping Your Dog Safe While Traveling In A Car?
- German Shepherd Dogs: General Characteristics
- Coconut oil for the dog: 4 application tips for the natural home remedy
- The Perfect City for Pets and People