Saint Patrick's Day Parades 2012
- Author Frank Romano
- Published May 2, 2012
- Word count 438
Saint Patrick's Day religious holiday celebrated internationally on 17 March. It commemorates Saint Patrick and the arrival of Christianity in Ireland. Saint Patrick's Day was made an official feast day in the early 17th century, and has gradually become a secular celebration of Irish culture in general. In America St Patrick's day is seldom characterized by the attendance of church services but more by wearing something green, with shamrocks and drinking. CityTapper is a free travel app resource that comes in an iPad app, Android Tablet app and mobile travel app providing key city information when visiting these cities for the parade . And the parades in the US are some of the biggest.
Saint Patrick's Day Parade New York City
Each year, the New York City Saint Patrick's Day Parade recognizes the efforts of an outstanding charity or distinguished group of people who serve to better the world we live in. This year, we are proud to announce that the 2012 Parade will be marched in honor of ALL American Veterans -- from every branch of service and from every war or conflict.
Saint Patrick's Day Parade Chicago
Chicago hosts one the biggest St. Patrick's Day celebrations in the country. This year Miss Sara Collins has been named the Parade Queen of the 57th Saint Patrick's Day Parade. Miss Collins, quite an Irish beauty was selected from over 100 contestants on Sunday, February 19th at the Annual Queen Contest held in the Stephen M. Bailey Auditorium. This year's Parade steps off at noon sharp. It starts with the downtown river being dyed green. The best way to get to all of the Saint Patrick's Day events in Chicago, from the green river to the downtown Chicago Saint Patrick's Day Parade is to take the Chicago Metra.
Saint Patrick's Day Parade Boston
South Boston's biggest parade of the year began on March 17th, 1776. Orders were given that if you wish to pass through the continental lines, the password was "St. Patrick". The British had seen all the cannons on the Heights and left Boston. Today it is the second largest parade in the country, being viewed by nearly 600,000 to one million people every year; in addition to having the entire parade seen on Live TV.
Maryville Missouri and New Hope Arkansas Saint Patrick's Day Parade
Well the big cities have their big parades, so how about the small towns that dot the American landscape. St Paddies day is just as important for the rural towns in America. Maryville Missouri dukes it out with New Hope Arkansas for claiming the title of the shortest St. Patricks day parade at less than 100 feet long.
There are no posted comments.
- A Copywriter's Insider Secrets To Avoid Being Duped By Headlines
- Etiquette of Presenting Khata
- Games Hone the Skills We Need as Adults and Have Changed With The Times
- The Secret History of Toilets
- India is forging ahead
- The true meaning, of religion forcing God to believe in God by threatening to connect American men to dickie bows
- School Shootings, Wake Up America!
- My desire to hug Cristina Raines
- Sports Gathering
- Are Waist Beads Solely for Skinny Women?
- A quick Peek Directly into Rush Limbaugh Celebrity Story
- The Moral Necessity of Veganism
- A Degenerative Evolution
- Travelers on the Orphan Train
- Body Art - Let your tattoos do the talking
- Knighthoods from Cardboard Swords - Why the U.S. Exaggerates Praise for Its Military
- Failed Fiat Currencies In American History
- Black History Month: Helping Black Employability
- Life, Death and the Ganguro.
- Don't be your Own Worst Enemy!
- You Can Merge Christianity with Feng Shui Principles in Harmony
- Bullying and Social Media
- The Rabbi and the Elephant: How I Officiated a Cosmopolitan Interfaith Wedding in Thailand
- Volunteering Services and their Outstanding Benefits
- Be Patient to Select the Right Equipments for Home Security Orange Park
- Why Do Other People Care About Hollywood Celebrities And Celebrity Scandals?
- How to Find Legitimate People Search Services
- This Article Discovers The Motive Behind Peoples Curiosity With Hollywood Celebrities
- Black in America--A White Man's Prescription for Righting the Wrong of Racism--Unraveling the Origins