Who knew that they made so much stuff for dogs?
- Author Vladimir Harrison
- Published May 20, 2012
- Word count 434
I just visited a website that sold dog supplies. For fun, I decided to see how many different types of dog supplies this huge site carried and was blown away from the sheer volume of goods.
The very first items on the list were 99 products for training and bark control. Here's a sampling of what I found: ultrasonic training aid - whatever that is. One was shaped like an egg. They also carried "no chew" sprays, sprays to keep your dog in, out, up, down or otherwise, products to keep your dog from barking and a treat bag that look suspiciously like a fanny pack.
The website featured 187 beds and throws. The one that cost the most was "The Refined Canine Outdoor Dog Chaise Lounger." At first glance this looks cute and tasteful. It is only 38 inches wide, 26 inches deep and 21.5 inches high. It comes with bedding that is six inches thick. The price was only three hundred and nine dollars. It was available online only.
I found out more about stain, clean up and odor than I cared to know. The website features 126 products including a yard odor eliminator, a "spring breeze" scented stain remover and my favorite, "the Furminator" accessory for your vacuum cleaner. Worst of the bunch was the covers for your furniture. These are made to protect your furniture but they look ugly and don't teach the dog to stay off the couch.
Of the 331 harnesses, collars and leashes, I thought that the "Hartman & Rose Haute Couture Collection Leather Dog Collar" was overpriced at $149.99. However, it was said to be "the highest quality canine attire" and made of bone leather. It featured a smokey topaz octagon surrounded by clear crystal and 22 karat gold polish.
Ms. Martha Stewart herself has her own "line" of dog clothing. Hideous examples that dogs will hate to wear include the pink ruffle tank and the cutie dress. Really? How can Martha endorse these products with a straight face? I say, go back to cooking.
You'll find tons of dog toys online as well. These items include the tennis balls that are probably less expensive at a sports store and Christmas-themed toys. What dog is going to know the difference between his "ordinary, any day of the year toy" and a "seasonal" toy? You'll find 150 of these products on the site. Happy hunting.
Saving the best for last is the gravestones for your diseased dog. One has a saying that says, "If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever." Really? Still if you are in need of dog supplies, this is your store.
I'm a family pet health practitioner who specializes in dog shampoo.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Dog car seats – yes or no?
- Training Is a Must for Puppies to Reach Their Ultimate Potential
- What to Expect in The First Months of Having a Puppy
- Dedicated to the Companionship of two lovable Pet dogs, Peppi and Bella
- Reasons Why Dogs Become Aggressive
- Things You Need to Consider Before Adopting a Dog
- Reasons why grooming your dog is good for you and the dog
- Best practices for pet-sitting
- Benefits of Owning a Dog
- The Benefits of Training Dogs with E-Collars
- Causes and Effects of Dog Anxiety
- Major Key Considerations to choosing a Dog
- Ways Reduce Dog's Separation Anxiety
- Dog Leashes
- Facts about Yorkshire Terriers
- How To Choose The Right Dog Food To Optimize Your Dog's Health
- How To Fend Off Sexual Mounting By Your Puppy
- Pros and Cons of Dog chewing on animal bones vs. Artificial Bones
- The Pros and Cons of Using E-collar vs. Leash
- What to Look for in a Dog Friendly Apartment
- Top 5 Benefits of the Dog Agility Training
- Teaching Your Dog to Settle
- 15 Basic Tips to Take Care of your Dog
- Things to Consider Before Buying a Labrador Puppy
- 10 basic tips to take care of your dog
- Hiring a professional to install my dog fence vs. DIY?
- Keeping Your Dog Safe While Traveling In A Car?
- German Shepherd Dogs: General Characteristics
- Coconut oil for the dog: 4 application tips for the natural home remedy
- The Perfect City for Pets and People