Simple Pet Supplies
- Author Vladimir Harrison
- Published May 15, 2012
- Word count 417
When you get a new pet, you're also agreeing to purchase the accessories that go with it. There are almost endless pet supplies on the market and depending on what kind of animal you have, you might have tons of options and be unsure which you actually need.
Fish are some of the simplest pets in terms of maintenance and supplies. There are different kinds of fish and they require different kinds of care. A betta fish requires nothing beyond a bowl of water. Other fish might require a filter or an aerator. Some fish also need a heater in order to keep the water in the tank within a specific temperature. There are some that require places to hide and you will need to get some plants or other hiding places.
Cats require food and water bowls, as well as a scratching post or toy that allows them to scratch, unless they are de-clawed. They need to be able to scratch to wear down their claws, and it is imperative that you give them a way to do so.
They also need a litter box, although cats that are both indoor and outdoor cats frequently use the bathroom outside. Anything else you get for the cat is a matter of personal preference. Some cats enjoy climbing toys or beds, but most are happy using your furniture for that purpose.
Dogs require more than most other animals. Dogs will require, at a minimum, a collar and leash as well as a food and water bowl. However, dogs frequently do not use the furniture for their beds and therefore will also need a bed or something soft to lie on. Depending on the breed of the dog and the climate in your area, they might also need sweaters or jackets in the winter months, or portable water bowls in the summer months to get them through their longer walks.
In addition, dogs will also need to have some grooming as part of their routine. Cats groom themselves, but you will have to bathe your dog yourself. You'll have to find a shampoo that is formulated for dogs. There are several distinct varieties of shampoo available.
Some shampoos are designed to help with flea issues. Others are designed to help dogs that have sensitive skin. Dogs with white or light colored fur do best with shampoos that are designed to prevent dinginess in their fur.
Choosing the pet supplies you need can be simple if you keep it basic.
I'm a family pet health consultant who specializes in dog housebreaking.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Agnes, my Chihuahua
- Jump training a dog
- Dog car seats – yes or no?
- Training Is a Must for Puppies to Reach Their Ultimate Potential
- What to Expect in The First Months of Having a Puppy
- Dedicated to the Companionship of two lovable Pet dogs, Peppi and Bella
- Reasons Why Dogs Become Aggressive
- Things You Need to Consider Before Adopting a Dog
- Reasons why grooming your dog is good for you and the dog
- Best practices for pet-sitting
- Benefits of Owning a Dog
- The Benefits of Training Dogs with E-Collars
- Causes and Effects of Dog Anxiety
- Major Key Considerations to choosing a Dog
- Ways Reduce Dog's Separation Anxiety
- Dog Leashes
- Facts about Yorkshire Terriers
- How To Choose The Right Dog Food To Optimize Your Dog's Health
- How To Fend Off Sexual Mounting By Your Puppy
- Pros and Cons of Dog chewing on animal bones vs. Artificial Bones
- The Pros and Cons of Using E-collar vs. Leash
- What to Look for in a Dog Friendly Apartment
- Top 5 Benefits of the Dog Agility Training
- Teaching Your Dog to Settle
- 15 Basic Tips to Take Care of your Dog
- Things to Consider Before Buying a Labrador Puppy
- 10 basic tips to take care of your dog
- Hiring a professional to install my dog fence vs. DIY?
- Keeping Your Dog Safe While Traveling In A Car?
- German Shepherd Dogs: General Characteristics