Hue – A City of Awesome Monuments and Historical Landmarks
- Author Jayce Castillo
- Published November 15, 2012
- Word count 540
I have searched the magazines and browsed the internet in search for the best place to visit during my vacation and the country I have chosen is Vietnam. The reason why I have decided to spend my holiday to the country is the remarkable city of Hue. The city is a dwelling place for tons of historical landmarks and monuments that will give you a clear picture of the past glory of the city. In fact, due to the magnificence of Complex of Hue Monuments it has earned a spot in UNESCO’s World Heritage Site. Here are some of the attractions of Hue that I have appreciated the most during my Vietnam tour.
The citadel is a very old complex that was constructed in the Old Royal Hue between 19th and 20th century. The complex is composed of two parts, the outside and inside citadel. There are still mandarins and houses within the citadel that serve as a shadow of the old city.
My favorite part of the citadel is the Hoang Thanh area where the Emperors and their royal family used to live. Hoang Thanh has four massive and as you get inside you will be able to see the impressive Thai Hoa Temple where the Emperor meets his imperial officers to discuss things. Furthermore, I was filled with amazement as I gaze around the remnants of the Forbidden City – the place where the Emperor reside together with his family. Although it has been severely damaged by war, the remains of the Forbidden City still portray its former beauty. This is the reason why I included Hue in my Vietnam tour package.
Khai Dinh’s Tomb
As soon as Khai Dinh ascended to the throne in 1916, at the age of 31, he ordered the construction of many magnificent buildings and awesome temples for himself as well as his royal family. Some of these extraordinary infrastructures are Kien Trung Temple, Truong An Gate, Hien Nhon Gate and Chuong Gate. However, the most spectacular among his fantastic buildings is Ung Lang (also Known as Kai Dinh’s Tomb). Aside from the stunning landmark, the tomb was situated between a mountain and a stream that creates a panoramic view that will surely conquer your heart and soul. A trip to this historical site will give you a memorable Vietnam tour experience.
Touring Around the City Through a Xich Lo
If you a want to explore the spectacular sights of the city, then I suggest that you hire a xich lo. I assure you that this will give you a completely new experience! I have tried it myself during my Vietnam tour.
A xich lo is a three wheeled bicycle that has a carriage on the front where you can sit. Once you are seated, the driver will pedal you to the main attractions of the city. The ride was slow of course, but this will allow you to take a good look of the daily activities of the local residents.
I don’t have any regrets when I have decided to make Hue as my Vietnam tour destination since a visit to this historical city has given me a notable experience that I will treasure for many years to come.
Find out more in Jayce's articles why Vietnam package tours are the best choice in Vietnam Tours. Jayce is not only a writer but also an experienced traveler as well. He writes to share his experience and love of travel with everybody.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Exploring More Botanical Gardens Located in the United States
- Exploring Three More Botanical Gardens in the United States
- Carthage, Tunisia
- Amazing things to do in Georgia
- 10 Important Forest Reserves in Vietnam
- The 10 Best Destinations For The Motorcycle Camping In The United States
- Great Destinations for a Motorcycle Camping Trip
- What to visit in Marrakech?
- 10 Facts About Ferrari World, Abu Dhabi
- Best European Places for Winter Vacations
- Best Places in Europe for New Year’s Eve
- Tips to Cool Down on Kimberley Cruises
- Considering Cruise Deals - 5 Things You Shouldn’t Do on Your First Cruise
- Fishing and Marine Life You Can Enjoy on Kimberley Cruises
- 9 Places You Should Visit In Granite Bay
- Best Places To Live In Placer County
- Top 7 Places To Visit In The Bay Area
- Tourist Attractions In Nevada County
- Top 8 Attractions Of The San Francisco Bay Area
- Escape to Greece Without Having To Take A Ferry
- Cheap Holidays in Egypt - Archaeological Wonders to Explore during your Vacation
- Where to swim in Athens
- Life at Cape Flattery Lighthouse
- Where to Stay in Santorini the Best Towns & Hotels
- Alki Point: From a Kerosene Lantern to Lighthouse
- Marrowstone Point Light and the "Triangle of Fire"
- The Lighthouse That Sheltered an Indian Woman
- Short break to Dubrovnik
- Temples Of Chiang Mai Thailand
- 48 hours in Yerevan, Armenia