Natural Ways of Dealing With Depression
- Author Mark Anderson
- Published September 29, 2014
- Word count 522
It's very easy to go to a doctor to get help with depression, but there are much easier and more natural ways of dealing with depression, than to use pharmaceutical remedies. At the same time, we should think of our bodies, and the damage medicines can do to liver and kidneys. Natural remedies are much kinder to our bodies, and can be fun!
3 very easy and natural ways of dealing with depression, are through diet, exercise, and hobbies.
Find an activity that interests you
3 Natural Ways of Dealing With Depression
When we're feeling blue, it's all too easy to turn to 'comfort foods' such as ice cream and sweets, or fast food.
This is actually the worst thing we can do.
The best thing to help are lean protein sources; beans, pulses, chicken, nuts all help to trigger the brain to produce norepinephrine and dopamine. These neurotransmitters control, regulate and stabilise our moods. Without these neurotransmitters, you will feel unmotivated, lazy, and miserable. Other foods which help are those high in omega-3 and magnesium omega-3 found in fish particularly salmon and tuna, Flax seed and sunflower seeds. Magnesium is found in green vegetables, whole grains and nuts.
Depression is caused by low serotonin levels, serotonin can be found in carbohydrates, as found in pasta, brown rice, oatmeal, and whole grain bread.
Even chocolate helps! Plain, or dark, chocolate is good, helps with serotonin levels. Milk chocolate not so much, as the sugars counteract.
One doesn't need to go to a gym, run, or overdo exercise. A good walk each day will help. The fitter you are obviously, you can run if you wish. The endorphins produced by activity are extremely helpful to the brain. Each person is different, and we all know our own bodies and what we're capable of
When we're depressed, we feel most like sleeping or just doing nothing, and this will only make us feel worse. Activity of any kind, but especially walking, jogging or running, will actually make us feel better.
It has actually been proven that sleep deprivation will help in cases of depression. In fact one of the most natural ways to deal with depression, is to keep ourselves active. While a doctor's prescription will make you feel more like going out and doing things, your own willpower can do the same.
Anything that keeps your brain active is good for you. If you have a good brain then keep it active by doing crosswords,quizzes, etc. or reading.
Give yourself an interest, keep active, don't let your mind close down.
Even reading newspapers or playing video games is better than nothing, but try to give yourself a new interest wherever possible. A new interest will stimulate your mind more, give you something to look forward to everyday.
Remember, depression is not always caused by problems in our lives, you don't have to be blue to be suffering from depression. It is a chemical imbalance in the brain, which can be cured. Whether you choose medical or natural ways to deal with your depression, there is always a solution.
Are you going to continue to feel helpless against depression ? Or are you ready to answer all your questions, find all the facts and get the life-changing treatment plan that will give you back your control? visit www.end-depression.comArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Puzzle of Personality: Respecting Each Other
- The Psychdiversity of Cults
- Men at age 59: Going forward or looking back
- The power of Dopamine on your psyche
- TRUST YOUR GUT
- Subjective perception – Process
- Ayahuasca and the evolution of consciousness
- Why not live vicariously through Yourself?
- Reverse Aging Through the Art Quantum Physics
- What causes depression and how can you cope with it?
- Meet Psychiatrist to free from Mental Illness
- Are you humble or vain?
- "The one word you need in order to succeed"
- Wait for it... -- On the virtue of patience
- Don't be that guy...
- Investigative Hypnosis: Is It Effective Or Completely Bogus?
- Healing Childhood Emotional Wounds
- Depression: It's All in Your Head
- Taking Depression By The Horns!
- Effect of Brain Injuries
- Enneagram Type 4: Creativity is your hidden treasure
- How To Remember Your Dreams
- Difference between psychosis and schizophrenia
- Dr Eric Amidi on the Power of Positive Thoughts
- How to Increase Your Self-Esteem and Increase Success
- What Everybody Ought To Know About Self – Hypnosis
- Seven Ways to Maintain Eternal Happiness
- Preventing and Solving Crime by Reading the Criminal Mind
- Getting things done and stop procrastinating