Acid Reflux, Esophageal Cancer Next
- Author Ron Sauciron
- Published March 5, 2015
- Word count 613
Acid Reflux or Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) has become a significant problem for approximately 61 Million people in the United States alone, many more worldwide.
Most of those who suffer from this condition attempt t relieve the pain and burning symptoms by taking proton-pump inhibiting pharmaceuticals like Prevacid or Prilosec. These drugs are good for suppressing the formation of stomach acid. However, they fail to prevent the backwash of harsh stomach contents like Bile, Digestive Enzymes, and Acid Food Particles into the extremely delicate Esophageal lining. The result of continued exposure of stomach contents to the Esophageal lining is a recipe for a potential development of Esophageal Cancer.
The link between Acid Reflux (Heartburn), Esophageal Reflux, and Esophageal Cancer is significant. People who have experienced GERD symptoms for extended periods of time have 44 times the risk of developing Esophageal Cancer . Approximately 15,500 people will die from this condition this year. The incidence of Adenocarcinoma (Malignant Tumor) of the Esophagus has seen a significant increase in recent years. A common theory among researchers, is the significant rise in obesity is causing an increase in Adenocarcinoma of the Esophagus.
A new strategy has been discovered to prevent the backwash of stomach contents into the esophagus. This can be accomplished by chewing on tablets composed of Marine Alginate and Bicarbonate (Raft-Forming Alginate). A person can physically block the backwash of acid or other stomach contents into the delicate Esophageal area. This has the potential to significantly reduce the risk for Esophageal Cancer.
This process produces a temporary physical obstruction that blocks the contents of the stomach from backing up into the Esophageal area. As the Alginate mixture expands in the stomach, it absorbs excess acid and forms a pH-Neutral obstruction resulting in a reduction of Reflux activity.
The Mechanics Of The Process
One part of the mixture, Alginic Acid, is a powder which contains natural long chain Carbohydrate Molecules stemming from Brown Seaweed. Upon contact with the acid in the stomach, a thick gel is formed. When the second part of the mixture, Potassium Bicarbonate, comes in contact with the stomach acids, it produces Carbon Dioxide bubbles that become trapped in the gel. The expanding bubbles cause the gel to transform into a floating foam that rests on top of the contents of the stomach like a raft.
The addition of Calcium Carbonate and Magnesium Carbonate interact with the soft foam producing a seal around the perimeter of the raft. Extensive research has confirmed the fact that people who suffer from Acid Reflux show positive results when the raft slides up into the Esophageal area creating a barrier which prevents stomach acids from being driven up into the Esophageal area.
To make things even better, the addition of Carbonate and Bicarbonate to the mix helps to neutralize stomach acidity.
Acid Reflux has become a major irritant to a significant percentage of the population. In its basic state, it can cause serious discomfort but in its more advanced state it can lead to Esophageal Cancer.
For years, mainstream medicine operated on the simple premise that using ant-acids to reduce the acid levels in the stomach would control the symptoms and subsequently control the potential for the development of Esophageal Cancer. Several issues make that approach seriously impractical. First of all, those over the counter and prescription drugs contain Aluminum and come with an array unacceptable side effects. And to top it off, drug ant-acids do not have the ability to prevent reflux damage to the Larynx (Voice Box).
When choosing a holistic approach to Acid Reflux, an intelligent choice would be the supplement Esophageal Guardian from Life Extension. It follows the formula I have discussed in this article.
If you are a woman, or a man who has female loved ones in his life, you may find my recently published book of interest. Its titled Health Springs Eternal, A Holistic Approach To Women's Health Issues. It's a health reference book for all women and the men who love them. Even though it is classified as a book for women's issues, it also addresses ailments common to both sexes. For more information go to www.VitaminAndHerbalHealth.com.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Fatty Liver: The Silent Killer
- What Is the Best Thing to Drink for Your Kidneys
- How Does Nicotine Salt Work?
- Fingernail disease
- Can Enlarged Prostate Cause Erectile Dysfunction?
- Dialysis definition and realities
- Mesothelioma Lawyer Asbestos Cancer Lawsuit
- What is the Most Important Thing to do After a Cancer Diagnosis?
- Best Weed Strains for ADHD in 2020
- THE BLADDER CANCER
- Hope in the Horizon in the Fight against coronavirus
- Bill Gates does not want to spoil the party
- Helping The Others Realize The Advantages Of Guidelines Of Mesothelioma
- Hidden Stress & Illness in Women
- Ketogenic diet for epilepsy – The best treatment option
- Geftinat (Anti Cancer Medicine)
- Making Eggs with Stem Cells: a Big Step for Mankind
- Helpful Tips for Curing Cancer with Exercise
- 4 Important Things Everyone Must Know About Heartburn
- 5 Reasons Why abortion is bad for women’s health
- Did You Know Body Odour Can Indicate A Toxic Colon?
- Cancer, Types, Causes, Effects And Solution
- Diabetes, Types, Causes, Symptoms And Management
- Heart Disease, Types, Symptoms, Causes, Treatment And Prevention
- Get Appointment for Gallbladder Cancer Treatment with Best Hospitals and Top Surgeons
- Making Decisions And Coping With Stage 4 Colon Cancer In India Will Be Your Best Choice
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Why Urgent Care May Be Better Than The ER (In Some Cases)
- What is autism in children: Symptoms and Causes of autism
- Types of Cancer Treatment: Modern Medical Approach