Devon Falls – Talawakale, Sri Lanka
- Author Osanda Weerakoon
- Published August 2, 2015
- Word count 438
Sri Lanka - a country rich in its heritage and is famously known as one of the famous tourist destinations in Asia. It also is proud to home a number of places that boasts the naturally gifted sightseeing locations spread across the whole country. Whether you are visiting Sri Lanka for the first time, or a frequent traveler to the beautiful nation – Devon Falls definitely is among the top list of places to visit.
Devon falls is one of the most beautiful waterfalls in Sri Lanka. It is located on the A7 highway, 6km west of Talawakale in the Nuwara Eliya district. The name Devon originated from the man himself – Devon, who was a pioneer coffee planter that owned a plantation located close to the waterfall.
If you’re travelling to the hill capital of Sri Lanka, experiencing the true beauty of nature seen at Devon Falls is definitely an thrill not to be missed. The waterfall is 97 meters high and 1159m above sea level, and one would have to walk roughly up to a kilometer from the main road in order to get closer to the waterfall. However, you could also view it clearly from the main road without getting too close as well. There are two locations on the A7 route from which this remarkable waterfall could be observed. One would be the lower point, which is preferred by most tour guides and tourists since this observation point gives its visitors a glimpse of both Devon Falls and St.Clairs’s too. The second point of observation would be in the railway at Watagoda place, which is roughly 10km away from the railway station.
Whether you are travelling with a bunch of friends, or whether you are travelling with family – it is mostly recommended to rent a car which would ease the trouble of getting around in Sri Lanka. Furthermore, you also have the freedom to take a detour and visit other locations as well. Prior to your visit in Sri Lanka, rent a car services could be arranged in order to avoid last minute change in plans in your travel itinerary. Many rent a car services such as Kings Rent A Car Colombo offer a range of vehicles in their fleet and you could choose from an SUV or a car, anything that makes you comfortable during your travel. The hill capital and Devon Falls is just one of the few awesome experiences that Sri Lanka has to offer – however we recommend that you plan a full itinerary prior to your visit in order to make the most out of your holiday in Sri Lanka.
Osanda Weerakoon is a writer for SEO articles and link building.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Exploring More Botanical Gardens Located in the United States
- Exploring Three More Botanical Gardens in the United States
- Carthage, Tunisia
- Amazing things to do in Georgia
- 10 Important Forest Reserves in Vietnam
- The 10 Best Destinations For The Motorcycle Camping In The United States
- Great Destinations for a Motorcycle Camping Trip
- What to visit in Marrakech?
- 10 Facts About Ferrari World, Abu Dhabi
- Best European Places for Winter Vacations
- Best Places in Europe for New Year’s Eve
- Tips to Cool Down on Kimberley Cruises
- Considering Cruise Deals - 5 Things You Shouldn’t Do on Your First Cruise
- Fishing and Marine Life You Can Enjoy on Kimberley Cruises
- 9 Places You Should Visit In Granite Bay
- Best Places To Live In Placer County
- Top 7 Places To Visit In The Bay Area
- Tourist Attractions In Nevada County
- Top 8 Attractions Of The San Francisco Bay Area
- Escape to Greece Without Having To Take A Ferry
- Cheap Holidays in Egypt - Archaeological Wonders to Explore during your Vacation
- Where to swim in Athens
- Life at Cape Flattery Lighthouse
- Where to Stay in Santorini the Best Towns & Hotels
- Alki Point: From a Kerosene Lantern to Lighthouse
- Marrowstone Point Light and the "Triangle of Fire"
- The Lighthouse That Sheltered an Indian Woman
- Short break to Dubrovnik
- Temples Of Chiang Mai Thailand
- 48 hours in Yerevan, Armenia