Brodo di Cappone…Broth with Capon
- Author Ben Pritchard
- Published January 23, 2016
- Word count 442
Cappone.. Food of the wealthy, hearty super simple and totally delicious.......
1 large capon, cut into 8 pieces
1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
2 cloves garlic, peeled & smashed
1 large onion, peeled and studded with 8 whole cloves
1 bay leaf ripped
2 large sprigs each of parsley and basil tied together with kitchen string
Juice of 1 large lemon
2 large ribs of celery with leaves, cut into quarters
3 carrots, cut into quarters
1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns
3 plum tomatoes, skinned, seeded and cut into pieces
Put all the ingredients in a large stockpot and cover with cold water. Bring the ingredients to the boil, lower the heat and simmer covered for 3-4 hours or until the meat is tender. During the cooking, use a skimmer to skim off the foam that collects at the top and discard it.
With a slotted spoon, remove the capon pieces to a bowl, cool slightly then remove all the delicious meat and shred. Pour the rest of the soup and ingredients into a cheesecloth-lined strainer over a large bowl. Press on all the solids with the back of a wooden spoon to extract all the juices, then discard the solids. Add the shredded capon meat and for an extra special treat, add tiny pieces of fresh pasta, heat gently and serve…….
To store, cover and refrigerate the broth overnight, then skim any fat off the top before reheating. The broth can also be frozen for several months.
Our vision is to create a journey of food with you - Infuse your life with a heightened awareness of food ..... where it comes from, its journey, its preparation, the joy of sharing and experiencing it together ..... ultimately giving us fuel for life.
We love food, from finding the perfect ingredients and putting them together to create something wonderful; to sharing our passions and ideas with you, and encouraging you to share your passions with us. We would love you to join us on a journey to help us rekindle our relationship with fabulous food that we know has been lovingly grown or reared; that we know the provenance of, where it comes from and how it got to us. We would love to inspire you; from preparing delicious meals for family and friends to simple snacks or dishes for one, with easy to follow recipes and ideas; beautiful pictures, useful tips and Simon’s fascinating insights. We hope that by joining us, your creative juices will start moving, your passions will be fired up – and who knows where that might take you…………..
Keepers Cottage Featherbed Lane, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, HP15 6XQ
Phone: 07980 687527
Website : http://www.heartkitchen.co.uk
Heart Kitchen | Enjoy cooking classes in our Curious Kitchen Cookery School Buckinghamshire. Food Coaching with Heart Intelligence.http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 5 Reasons that MEC Pots are Excellent Pressure Cookers
- Turning Natural Clay into the Best Green Cookware
- This eco-friendly Cookware brand is great if you are looking for 100% “green” pots and pans
- 5 homemade yogurt issues and easy solutions:
- 4 Creative Ways To Enjoy Your Kitchen
- Eco-Friendly Cookware – This cookware is "Green" a full 360 degrees
- These cooking pots are best because they are both healthy and non-toxic
- Best BBQ Grills for the Money 2020
- The Best Healthy And Non-Toxic Pots and Pans
- This stovetop slow cooker is a better choice for healthy cooking. Learn why
- The best rice cooker must retain all nutrients, both complex and simple carbs. Learn how and why that will affect your health
- Types of pressure cookers, and which one for healthy cooking?
- Why a Good Mixing Bowl Matters for Your Kitchen?
- Matcha Tea - Preparation, Health Benefits, Usage, and Side Effects
- Pu-erh Tea Storage Factors
- Inexperienced Smoothie recipes green tea, Vietnamese Coffee, pineapple kale
- How to Determine the Various Different Types of Sweet White Wine
- How to Choose an Electric Water Boiler and Kettle
- Things to Know Before Choosing Your Wedding Caterers
- Creative Leftovers
- Cooking with Disney Cookware Review
- How to pick the right grill
- Affordable Weekend Dinner Ideas For 2
- Cookbook for College Students
- What You Need To Know About Guilt Free Desserts
- 5 Non-vegetarian all-time favorite dishes available at kosher restaurants
- Surprising Things You Can Make in a Rice Cooker
- 9 useful facts about almonds
- Save Money And Time With A Bread Maker
- An Introduction to Bread Ingredients