Seven effective remedies for heartburn
- Author Frank Lin
- Published December 3, 2016
- Word count 723
Heartburn occurs when the lower esophagus muscles become weak or relax when they should not, causing acid from the stomach to flow in the esophagus. Heartburn is often characterized by a burning sensation behind the breastbone and throat. Some people experience heartburn at night when they lie down. Other causes of heartburn may include eating spicy food, caffeine, or eating a large meal before bed. Over the counter medicines can help soothe heartburn. However making a few lifestyle changes can help get rid of heartburn for good. Listed below are some of the most effective on how to cure heartburn.
- Baking soda - Baking soda has a higher PH and hence helps neutralize stomach acid. One spoon of baking soda mixed with water can help get rid of the burning, painful sensation caused by heartburn. When neutralized, the stomach acid will not burn you when it comes up your esophagus
• Get half to one tablespoon of baking soda and a glass of water (not more than 8 ounces)
• Add the baking soda to the glass of water
• Drink the mixture. Repeat whenever you feel a heartburn coming. However do not take more than 3 tablespoons of baking soda in one day as it can cause side
Baking soda has high levels of salt and should not be made a long term remedy for heartburn
- Chewing gum- Studies show that chewing sugar free gum for around 30 minutes after eating can help relief heartburn. Chewing gum helps stimulate the production and flow of saliva. The saliva helps dilute wash down excess acid that may have built up in the gut. The clearing of stomach acid helps prevent or reduce heartburn the excess acid is taken back to the stomach, where it ought to be. Make sure to get sugar free gum and not just any gum to help cure your heartburn.
• Have/ Buy sugar free gum
• Pop one piece of sugar free gum after meals and chew for around thirty minutes to get rid of heartburn
- Aloe Vera- Aloe has been used for centuries to help soothe sunburns and burns; however, it has more potential than that. Aloe has properties that make it the herb effective to cure inflammation. When your throat and chest starts burning up, drinking a glass of aloe can help calm things down.
• Drink half a cup of aloe Vera before meals to keep heartburn at bay
• Some aloe Vera brands have a laxative, look for a brand that has doesn’t have he laxative effect
- Watch your diet- Watching your diet is one of the most effective ways of preventing and curing heartburn. Some foods have been known to cause heartburn when eaten
• Watching what you eat- Certain foods have been known to trigger heartburn. Avoid spicy food, caffeine, fast foods etc to keep heartburn away. Instead, eat plenty of fruits and vegetables to help keep the stomach acid down.
• Watching when you eat- Studies have shown that eating just before you go to bed puts pressure on the esophagus, triggering a heartburn. Eat around 3- 4 hours before going to bed to allow for digestion and to avoid excess acid from sneaking in your esophagus.
• Watching how you eat- Eat small chunks of food, slowly enjoying and chewing every bite. Eating too fast without allowing your stomach enough time for digestion adds pressure to the stomach, causing heartburn.
- Ginger- Ginger can help ease or prevent heartburn before a meal.
• Get three, quarter slices of ginger root and two cups of water
• Mix the ginger and water, and simmer for around thirty minutes
• Pour the mixture, with or without ginger and drink around 20 minutes before you eat
Avoid alcohol and smoking- Cigarettes contain Nicotine that weakens the esophagus muscles. Alcohol irritates the stomach, causing heartburn. Avoiding alcohol and smoking in general could go a long way in curing heartburn
Almonds- Snacking on almonds after meals can help neutralize stomach acid
• Purchase almonds
• Eat 3- 4 after meals, or basically after you eat something.
• Keep in mind that eating excess could actually cause heartburn.
If you are looking for tips on how to cure heartburn, following the remedies listed above can help get rid of the problem long term. However always seek doctor’s advice if you have chronic heartburn or the remedies above do not seem to work.
For more information, please visit How To Cure Heartburn OganizationArticle source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Me and My Menopause
- Breast Cancer goes from 0-150 mph in under 9 seconds
- World Health Organization Tips on Protecting the Coronavirus
- Early Warning Signs of APPENDICITIS and Its Urgent Treatment
- What You should Know About Urogynaecology
- Cancer survivors
- Fatty Liver: The Silent Killer
- What Is the Best Thing to Drink for Your Kidneys
- How Does Nicotine Salt Work?
- Fingernail disease
- Can Enlarged Prostate Cause Erectile Dysfunction?
- Dialysis definition and realities
- Mesothelioma Lawyer Asbestos Cancer Lawsuit
- What is the Most Important Thing to do After a Cancer Diagnosis?
- Best Weed Strains for ADHD in 2020
- THE BLADDER CANCER
- Hope in the Horizon in the Fight against coronavirus
- Bill Gates does not want to spoil the party
- Helping The Others Realize The Advantages Of Guidelines Of Mesothelioma
- Hidden Stress & Illness in Women
- Ketogenic diet for epilepsy – The best treatment option
- Geftinat (Anti Cancer Medicine)
- Making Eggs with Stem Cells: a Big Step for Mankind
- Helpful Tips for Curing Cancer with Exercise
- 4 Important Things Everyone Must Know About Heartburn
- 5 Reasons Why abortion is bad for women’s health
- Did You Know Body Odour Can Indicate A Toxic Colon?
- Cancer, Types, Causes, Effects And Solution
- Diabetes, Types, Causes, Symptoms And Management
- Heart Disease, Types, Symptoms, Causes, Treatment And Prevention