The Feelings of A Pet Owner
- Author Sue Moore
- Published March 10, 2017
- Word count 479
Having had pets throughout my childhood and adulthood, I can honestly say that pets give you a sense of satisfaction that nothing else compares to.
Choosing an active pet can have multiple benefits. People tend to stay "young" with trying to keep up with their wild activities. They can also give a person a feeling of self-respect since you are taking care of something that requires your attention at all times. They rely on you to take of them. They in return take care of you. They are your guard dog no matter the size. They greet you at the door after a long hard day at work. You instantly feel like everything is going to be all right. Happiness is something everyone requires and is well deserved. It makes life so enjoyable and worth living when you share it with your pet.
People with emotional, physical, social and medical disabilities use them for confidence and guidance. They become part of their family and they make them feel safe and happy. The police force uses them as deputies in an effort to keep our country safe. They become so close to the officers as they are very much like their human partner.
Having a pet improves the health and self-esteem of any person who owns one. They make you more physically fit and the tendency to become lonely quickly goes away. Your pet will love to go on walks with you, which then gives you the exercise you desire. They can also make people feel better after experiencing rejection. The psychological benefits are very successful. They are amazing healers.
There have been studies done in the past indicating that pet owners were happier, healthier and better adjusted than non-owners. I don't know the particulars of the study, but being a pet owner myself, it only stands to reason that this is a true statement. Your physical and mental health is an important part of daily living.
There are plenty of pets that are in need of adoption. Owning a pet doesn't have to be a huge expense. The pets at the shelter need someone to love and take care of them. They need someone who will pay attention to them, feed and water them, make them feel like they matter. Often times, they come from a situation that wasn't ideal and may have even included abuse. You will have a challenge, but believe me, it will be the best decision you will ever make. Removing a precious dog from a bad situation will make you feel so strong, self-confident, caring and like you did the best thing ever.
As a past, present and future pet owner, I can firmly attest that having a dog in my life has given me such fulfillment, unconditional love, companionship and major stress relief. I will never go without a pet in my lifetime.
I am Sue Moore and an avid dog lover. I enjoy writing fun and education articles for everyone to read, hopefully teaching you some new ideas for your furry pets. http://www.myleatherdogcollars.comArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- What to Expect in The First Months of Having a Puppy
- Dedicated to the Companionship of two lovable Pet dogs, Peppi and Bella
- Reasons Why Dogs Become Aggressive
- Things You Need to Consider Before Adopting a Dog
- Reasons why grooming your dog is good for you and the dog
- Best practices for pet-sitting
- Benefits of Owning a Dog
- The Benefits of Training Dogs with E-Collars
- Causes and Effects of Dog Anxiety
- Major Key Considerations to choosing a Dog
- Ways Reduce Dog's Separation Anxiety
- Dog Leashes
- Facts about Yorkshire Terriers
- How To Choose The Right Dog Food To Optimize Your Dog's Health
- How To Fend Off Sexual Mounting By Your Puppy
- Pros and Cons of Dog chewing on animal bones vs. Artificial Bones
- The Pros and Cons of Using E-collar vs. Leash
- What to Look for in a Dog Friendly Apartment
- Top 5 Benefits of the Dog Agility Training
- Teaching Your Dog to Settle
- 15 Basic Tips to Take Care of your Dog
- Things to Consider Before Buying a Labrador Puppy
- 10 basic tips to take care of your dog
- Hiring a professional to install my dog fence vs. DIY?
- Keeping Your Dog Safe While Traveling In A Car?
- German Shepherd Dogs: General Characteristics
- Coconut oil for the dog: 4 application tips for the natural home remedy
- The Perfect City for Pets and People
- Dealing With Swollen Dog Paws: Treatment & Prevention with MyPamperedPup
- How stress can affect your dog's sleep and health