Ethicon Physiomesh Removed from the Market Due to Complications
- Author Derek Potts
- Published July 18, 2017
- Word count 437
On May 25th, 2016, Ethicon, a subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson, recalled their popular Physiomesh Flexible Composite hernia mesh due to two large independent registry studies (HerniaMed German Registry and Danish Hernia Database) that demonstrated higher complication rates resulting in significant injuries.
Synthetic hernia meshes such as Physiomesh are used for the repair of ventral or abdominal hernias. These meshes help strengthen the abdominal or pelvic wall to prevent worsening or recurrence of existing hernias. Unfortunately, some patients may have experienced defects with a prior hernia mesh such as AlloDerm or Kugel Mesh and had Physiomesh implanted for those subsequent repairs.
Physiomesh was used from 2010 to 2016
If you or a loved-one had a hernia mesh surgery between 2010 and 2016, you may have had a Physiomesh implanted. Your doctor may not have informed you of this recall and if you had a hernia mesh implanted during this time, you owe it to yourself to find out if you’re at risk for future complications.
What are the possible complications associated with Physiomesh?
Additional Hernia Revision Surgery
Damage to Intestines and Other Internal Organs
Seromas or Incomplete Healing of Hernia Repair
Abscess Formation and Infections
Adhesion Formation or Scarring
What if I haven’t suffered any complications with Physiomesh?
Even if you or a loved-one has not yet suffered any complications from a Physiomesh, you may be at future risk for developing them. You may still be eligible for future compensation.
Why did Physiomesh result in so many injuries?
It is believed the materials and coatings used in Physiomesh inhibited its ability to safely incorporate into the body. This has resulted in higher rates of recurrence and injury.
Ethicon chose to use the less stringent FDA 510(k) clearance process instead of using the more rigorous FDA pre-market approval process to ensure the safety and effectiveness of Physiomesh. A full pre-market approval process would have required clinical trials which could have uncovered safety issues before mass marketing and worldwide use.
What should I do next?
If you or a loved-one had a hernia mesh surgery between 2010 and 2016 and think you may have had a Physiomesh, call our experienced team of lawyers and professionals for a free consultation. Even if you are not sure what type of mesh that you or loved one had but any of the complications described above occurred, contact us so that we can investigate your case. We at Potts Law Firm are at the national forefront of mesh litigation and accept cases from all 50 states. For the health and safety, as well as piece of mind, contact Potts Law Firm for a free consultation at 888-902-6245.
Houston - Main Office
3737 Buffalo Speedway Suite 1900
Houston, Texas 77098
Tel: (713) 963-8881
Fax: (713) 583-5388
E-mail: Webcontact@potts-law.comArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- What Is the Best Thing to Drink for Your Kidneys
- How Does Nicotine Salt Work?
- Fingernail disease
- Can Enlarged Prostate Cause Erectile Dysfunction?
- Dialysis definition and realities
- Mesothelioma Lawyer Asbestos Cancer Lawsuit
- What is the Most Important Thing to do After a Cancer Diagnosis?
- Best Weed Strains for ADHD in 2020
- THE BLADDER CANCER
- Hope in the Horizon in the Fight against coronavirus
- Bill Gates does not want to spoil the party
- Helping The Others Realize The Advantages Of Guidelines Of Mesothelioma
- Hidden Stress & Illness in Women
- Ketogenic diet for epilepsy – The best treatment option
- Geftinat (Anti Cancer Medicine)
- Making Eggs with Stem Cells: a Big Step for Mankind
- Helpful Tips for Curing Cancer with Exercise
- 4 Important Things Everyone Must Know About Heartburn
- 5 Reasons Why abortion is bad for women’s health
- Did You Know Body Odour Can Indicate A Toxic Colon?
- Cancer, Types, Causes, Effects And Solution
- Diabetes, Types, Causes, Symptoms And Management
- Heart Disease, Types, Symptoms, Causes, Treatment And Prevention
- Get Appointment for Gallbladder Cancer Treatment with Best Hospitals and Top Surgeons
- Making Decisions And Coping With Stage 4 Colon Cancer In India Will Be Your Best Choice
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Why Urgent Care May Be Better Than The ER (In Some Cases)
- What is autism in children: Symptoms and Causes of autism
- Types of Cancer Treatment: Modern Medical Approach
- Explore the Milestones of Scientific Contribution against Cancer Evolution at Epigenetics and Cancer 2018