UAE sponsors controversial anti-Qatar conference in London
- Author John Baker
- Published October 12, 2017
- Word count 337
LCPA, London, UK (09.09.2017) – A controversial UAE conference has been announced late august 2017 in London, UK. The Conference planned to take place on 14th September 2017 seems to be yet another UAE endeavour to damage the flourishing Qatar-UK relations and the wider Qatar-EU unshakable bonds.
The conference titled, "The Qatar, Global Security & Stability Conference" is part of KSA-UAE-Bahrain campaign which aims at isolating Qatar on international level. LCPA has learnt that this event is being run by US media consultancy company which has contentious history of running similar negative campaigns.
London Centre For Public Affairs (LCPA) warn UK MPs, politicians not to fall victims of this conference which apparently has no announced speakers nor working agenda. The conference has not even announced its venue!
LCPA is observing cautiously this conference and other UAE negative lobby and pressure efforts in the UK.
As an organisation interested in the UK-Europe Public Affairs, our centre vows to stop such activities by reaching out to UK parliamentarians and decision makers to expose this counterfeit event.
Our centre will also contact Daniel Kawczynski MP who has been misled by the organisers.
"Indeed, this is a very notorious bogus event that aims at damaging Qatar image and meddling its relations with UK and Europe. Qatar’s investment in the UK has reached a record high of more than £35 billion with £5.3 billion – a remarkable 98% increase in the last 3 years.
This is golden relation that must not be affected to satisfy the foreign UAE’s goals." said LCPA spokesperson.
The Centre will conduct an immediate campaign to stop this conference from achieving its misleading goals. We believe in strong UK relations with Qatar and refuse any external efforts to ruin the ever-flourishing bonds with Qatar. Recently, Secretary of State for International Trade, Dr Liam Fox stated," And as our countries go from strength to strength, we can be assured that this bond is stronger than ever."
LCPA will reach to the UK Government as well as the Foreign Affairs Committee to expose the goals of the organisers.
London Centre For Public Affairs (LCPA) has contacted UK MPs, members of the Lords and Senior academics to familiarise them of the conference objectives.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Tragedy, Fear and Terrorism Arrogantly Near
- Corbyn’s internationalism eroded
- Leadership in an Era of Leaderless Pretension - 1
- The Irony Of Commemorating The Sharpeville Massacre Amidst Ongoing Police Brutality
- 1. Domestic terrorism in the US.
- Capital Punishment: How Money And Power Reshapes Societies
- The Secret Alien Agenda and the Stupidity Virus
- What can we learn from the the Jan 6 Capitol Riot?
- Myopia for Dystopia in the Illusion of Utopia
- Boko Haram: Nigeria’s biggest security problem
- Independence remains an unattainable Lithuanian dream
- Dr. Richard Konteh: A Courageous Transformational Leader Amid The Unknown
- European defence still matters but not for Lithuania
- U.S. pleased Iraq doing more to protect U.S. embassy: Pompeo | Apadana Media
- Politicians Totally Ignore the Only Free Market Solution to America's Economic Crisis!
- Arrogance in Ignorance – The Republic is in Danger - Censorship
- Phony Appeals to Fallacies of Pretentious Squeals
- Rally 'Round The Flag? We The People
- Pathology of the decadent Few
- The Wiener Theory – Human Devolution Query
- Mera Jism Meri Merzi--Negative Feminism
- The Least Worse Presidential Candidate? Trump, Biden, Sanders, Warren, Yang, Buttitieg, Bloomberg?
- Europe suffers from excessive care on the part of the U.S.
- How to Properly Insult a Democrat- Voters Guide for GenXYZ, Millennials and some Boomers too.
- Who really defends the Baltic States?
- Two-faced Lithuanian politics
- Do Something
- UNRWA Under Fire
- Random Thoughts About War
- A New View of Crime and Punishment