Everything about slipped disc.
- Author Mahesh Singh
- Published November 26, 2017
- Word count 616
A slipped disc is usually when you severe pain in your lower back. The disc often presses on a nerve root which can cause pain and other symptoms in a leg. Lets know how the spine is arranged; The spine is made up of numerous bones called vertebrae. These are generally circular and between each vertebra there is a disc. The discs are made of strong rubber-like tissue which lets the spine to be fairly flexible. A disc has a stronger fibrous outer part and a softer jelly-like middle part called the nucleus pulposus.
How a slipped disc occurs?
A slipped disc doesn’t actually mean that the disc is slipped away, in case of prolapsed disc/slipped disc, part of the inner softer part of the disc known as the pulposus bulges out through a weakness in the outer part of the disc. A prolapsed disc is also called herniated disc. The bulging disc ends up pressing on nearby structures like the nerves coming from the spinal cord. Some inflammation also develops around the prolapsed part of the disc. Mostly this occurs in the lower back, larger the prolapsed, severe is the pain. Symptoms vary based on where the slipped disk occurs and if it compresses any of your spinal nerves. On the basis of the pain and if needed surgery make take place.
In the most of the majority of cases, the pain calms down within six weeks. But despite its short duration, the pain can be excruciating and make it difficult to participate in everyday activities and responsibilities. For some, the pain can become chronic and/or debilitating.
What are the symptoms of slipped disc?
• One will face a lot of pain and numbness, mostly on only one side of the body.
• Pain will extend from back to the arms and legs.
• At nights due to certain movements the pain increases and gets worst.
• Pain intensifies after sitting or standing for a little longer time.
• Tingling, aching, or burning sensations in the affected area.
• Muscle weakness.
• Muscles served by the affected nerves tend to weaken. This may cause you to stumble, or impair your ability to lift or hold items.
What causes slipped disc?
Various things and movements can lead the inner softer part to prolapsed, leading to pain. There are no such specific causes but frequently it occurs when people there is unusual or extra pressure on the disc due to heavy lifting, unease positions, etc. Any job involving a lot of heavy lifting, sitting for long time, Weight bearing sports, old age, obesity, etc. can lead to slipped disc. It can differ to person to person.
Slipped disc is diagnosed through various tests like X-rays, MRI, CT scans, etc. Doctors will examine your nerve functioning, muscle strength, etc. There are some Best Doctors For Slipped Disc Treatment In Mumbai.
Treatment for Slipped Disc.
Treatments vary from the level of severe pain and affects. For initial stage, some medications and exercises will relieve the pain. Exercises help in stretching and strengthening the back and the muscles around. In worst cases, surgeries take place. One can get done Slipped Disc Treatment In Mumbai.
Untreated slipped disc can lead to permanent nerve damage; it can cut off your impulses to lower back and legs. It can worsen your daily life. Doctors will suggest Pain Relief Medication For Back Pain.
One can reduce the risk of slipped disc by following the below mentioned stuff.
Use safe lifting techniques: Bend and lift from your knees, not your waist. Maintain a healthy weight. Do not remain seated for long periods; get up and stretch periodically. Do exercises to strengthen the muscles in your back, legs, and abdomen.
For the past 3 years I have been writing informative and high quality articles on Health Care. In the above article have covered topics such as Best Doctors For Slipped Disc Treatment In Mumbai, Slipped Disc Treatment In Mumbai and Pain Relief Medication For Back Pain.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- World Health Organization Tips on Protecting the Coronavirus
- Early Warning Signs of APPENDICITIS and Its Urgent Treatment
- What You should Know About Urogynaecology
- Cancer survivors
- Fatty Liver: The Silent Killer
- What Is the Best Thing to Drink for Your Kidneys
- How Does Nicotine Salt Work?
- Fingernail disease
- Can Enlarged Prostate Cause Erectile Dysfunction?
- Dialysis definition and realities
- Mesothelioma Lawyer Asbestos Cancer Lawsuit
- What is the Most Important Thing to do After a Cancer Diagnosis?
- Best Weed Strains for ADHD in 2020
- THE BLADDER CANCER
- Hope in the Horizon in the Fight against coronavirus
- Bill Gates does not want to spoil the party
- Helping The Others Realize The Advantages Of Guidelines Of Mesothelioma
- Hidden Stress & Illness in Women
- Ketogenic diet for epilepsy – The best treatment option
- Geftinat (Anti Cancer Medicine)
- Making Eggs with Stem Cells: a Big Step for Mankind
- Helpful Tips for Curing Cancer with Exercise
- 4 Important Things Everyone Must Know About Heartburn
- 5 Reasons Why abortion is bad for women’s health
- Did You Know Body Odour Can Indicate A Toxic Colon?
- Cancer, Types, Causes, Effects And Solution
- Diabetes, Types, Causes, Symptoms And Management
- Heart Disease, Types, Symptoms, Causes, Treatment And Prevention
- Get Appointment for Gallbladder Cancer Treatment with Best Hospitals and Top Surgeons
- Making Decisions And Coping With Stage 4 Colon Cancer In India Will Be Your Best Choice