4 Key Reasons Why Payroll Is Necessary Within A Business
- Author Sam Miller
- Published December 31, 2017
- Word count 447
Payroll is an essential part of any organisation. The payroll department are responsible for employee's salary, but also the protection of the company's reputation. This is because they have to ensure the company is compliance with the various legislation.
- Maintaining the Company’s Reputation
The financial responsible that a company has towards their employees, the company has to make sure that their payroll activities stick to the country's tax obligations and follow the employment legislations. If a company is well organised and is meeting the tax obligations on time then the company would start to develop a reputation as a stable employer. Thus attracting more talent, towards the company.
- Morale of Your Employees
Payroll plays a critical impact on the morale of the employees, as it ensure that the employees would get paid on time. Without them having any doubts of what day they are going to be paid. As late or inaccurate payroll, could lead to employees questioning the stability of the company, therefore compromising the working environment resulting in underperformance or ignorant behaviour in the company.
- Compensation Package
It also allows employees to feel their net worth within the company. As payroll is based on the annual performance of an employees, which can be rewarded with a increased salary or bonus. In theory this boosts the performance of employees are rewarded for their efforts leaning to the further development of the company.
- Distribution of Resources
As many accountants may know payroll comes with a large amount of paperwork and excel calculations with can be very time consuming. Payroll performed regularly; therefore additional resourcing is needed to make sure that the payroll calculations are accurate and precise. However, this can be solved by engaging in a payroll system. A payroll software system allows the data to be organized to generate customised reports. In addition a payroll software system helps track the hours, wages, deductions and withholding taxes, printing and delivering of checks and paying employment taxes to the government. As payroll systems are up to date with the latest legislative changes; not needing to worry about an overhaul on their present payroll system.
As medic accountants we understand the tax laws and regulations which to some can be very complicated we can help make the payroll process transparent and easy. Helping you avoid penalties and reduce the risks of audits. Our services are affordable, flexible and have the knowledge to help maximise your returns. Tax laws are always changing and we don't want you to get caught in it, our staff will give you updates on the latest laws and we would also offer recommendations thought out the years to help intensify your tax cost savings.
There are no posted comments.
- When Are Corporate and Personal Taxes Due in Canada in 2021?
- You Would Never Have Thought That Having Accounting Internship Could Be So Beneficial
- ACTIVATION OF UAN
- Focal motivations behind getting a Tax direct for Small Business Firms
- Avoiding the flood — tax issues with water rights in agribusiness
- Social security benefits for a family (COVID-19)
- How to use QuickBooks Component Repair Tool?
- Do you want to reduce your taxes for next year?
- Will you be responsible with your tax refund?
- Getting started with QuickBooks Enhanced Payroll in Brief
- Are DSTs Right For Your 1031 Exchange
- Tax Return Makeovers By Kenya Woodard
- Why have all crypto tax attempts failed?
- Are You a Corporation? Know Why Consulting a Tax Accountant Is Vital
- Share capital or share premium for your Dutch company?
- Everything investors should know about 1031 sponsors
- Why is the income tax so high in UK?
- Should I do my own tax return?
- Get More Money Back on Your Tax Return with help from the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- Don’t Fall Victim to these 3 Tax Scams in 2018
- Find Out If 72(T) Penalty Free Income Is a Solution for You
- 20 Things You Should Know About The New Tax Laws
- Accounting for doctors and GP's: Basic advice & guidance
- What is Cryptocurrency and Do I Have to Claim it on My Taxes?
- Here's Why Small Businesses Should Tap Bookkeeping Services
- Tax Tips for Teachers 2018
- Tax Extensions in 2017
- What to Do After Filing a Tax Extension
- Budget 2017: How it affects you