Things You Must Have When Camping
- Author Sherri Burris
- Published April 6, 2018
- Word count 434
Clean drinking water,
Leash for your pet,
Bed clothing/sleeping bags,
First aid kit
Take along plenty of drinking water. You always need to stay hydrated. You will need the water to prepare your food and for cleaning up after yourself. You may also need water to wash your hands and feet. It is better to bring along more than you need than not enough.
Keep a close eye on your dog while you are camping and always keep him on a leash. Many camping areas have rules about pets. Be sure to keep your pet away from others belongings. There are those who fear dogs.
A flashlight is also a must have item when you camp, but make sure the batteries are fully charged or new. Also be sure and have extra batteries in case they are needed. One way to be sure the batteries don't accidentally die on the trip is to put them into the flashlight backwards when not is use. That way if the switch is accidentally left on, they stay charged. This also ensures you never misplace the batteries.
Be sure and pack bedding and sleeping clothes. If you are going to be camping a long time be sure and purchase an expensive sleeping bag. It needs to be rated for below freezing temperatures if needed. Extra blankets are a good idea for warmth or for extra padding. Many people like to sleep in warm clothing to help with cold temperatures, so don’t forget your PJ’s.
Food is another staple, like water, that is needed when camping. If you have the place to cook that is the best, but you can always take dried meals and snacks. If bringing fresh food, be sure that all items are kept cool in a cooler or refrigerator. There are many one dish meals that can be used for camping to make food preparation a lot easier.
When you are cleaning up you should always have soap. Don’t forget to pack soap, shampoo and other cleaning items. The most important toilette item to pack is toilet paper.
There isn’t a lot to say about a first aid kit, except that every camper needs one in case of an emergency. You can never be to safe.
With fond memories of camping people will tell you that being prepared is a must. The information provided here should help make it so that you have a memorable trip as well. Please keep this information in mind and you and your family will have a great camping trip.
Sherri Burris is a person who loves to camp and has been camping her entire life. She loves spending time in the outdoors and being in nature. Her favorite place to camp with her truck bed tent is at a lake. Check out the many ways to camp at their website http://www.buytruckbedtents.comArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Best Eco Tours in Goa - List of Trekking and Nature Activities
- 25 Africa safari myths and misconceptions
- What Makes a Good All Around Stand Up Paddle Board?
- Motocamping with the Affordable Yamaha Super Tenere ES
- The BMW R1250GS Adventure: The Ultimate Piece of Motorcycle Camping Gear
- The Affordable BMW F 750 GS
- The 2020 KTM 790 Adventure R Close Up
- Everest base camp helicopter trek
- Island in the Sea, my bug out spot
- What is Visit Nepal 2020?
- The Benefits of Hiking With The Family
- Top Reasons Why You Should Choose Camping as Your Family Vacation
- The Ultimate Motorcycle Camping Gear Pack List
- Why choose a Serviced Apartment over a Hotel?
- Hiking in the Netherlands
- Categories of Camping Tents
- Toronto To Niagara Falls Day Trip
- Seasonal hiking in New Zealand
- Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour
- Best Cheap Electric Bikes for Sale in the UK
- Best ideas To Take a Family Vacation in Fort Lauderdale
- Why People Prefer Coach Travel?
- What are the Best Beaches that You Can Travel For Under $150?
- 5 Best Islands in the US That Feel Exotic
- Camp Safety Guide - a camper’s guide in keeping safe
- Best 6 Things to Do in Cairo
- 5 Things That You Can’t Skip To See In Las Vegas
- Trekking in the Himalayas
- Nepal Best Selling Trekking Packages
- 5 Best Affordable Travel Destinations for 2019