Where to Stay in Santorini the Best Towns & Hotels
- Author David Arnold
- Published May 2, 2018
- Word count 660
Spectacular Santorini shines like a glamorous jewel in the blue waters of the Aegean Sea. Completing the set of Cyclades islands, Santorini itself is set on the site of a submerged volcano and is home to the famously breathtaking caldera which gives the island its distinct shape. Life on the island itself is pure luxury; secluded villas with infinity pools, private Cliffside suites and honeymoon hideaways create an upscale vibe infused with a divine decadence.
The island has a distinct culture and a depth of history, and the local settlements are made up of villages, each of which vary in architecture and development and have their own unique charm. The romance of Santorini shines through with the sublime nature of its sunsets; as the sun sinks it illuminates the ocean and lights up the caldera, a spectacle which draws thousands of visitors daily.
Santorini is a luxury destination: some of the places to stay in Santorini are fantastically opulent and cater to a glitterati of chic visitors from across the globe. Whatever the budget, traveler who come to Santorini’s shores will enjoy the evenings watching in awe as the sky changes colour and bask in extravagance of the Greek holiday haven. Days on the island are filled with delicious dining and the chance to recline on your own private terrace among the jigsaw of quintessentially Greek white block buildings, as the sun washes over you and you indulge in the delights of life on Santorini.
Spend balmy evenings in buzzing Fira, the biggest town on the island and the lively heart of Santorini. With its abundance of restaurants, bars and nightclubs, Fira is where you should stay on Santorini if you want to party until the early hours and then spend your days exploring the island, and browsing the many shops in the town in the shadow of the beautiful volcano in the distance.
Fira is the perfect place to base yourself in order to explore all that Santorini has to offer. All of the bus routes that traverse the island begin and end in the town meaning that you can travel all over the island. If you don’t fancy catching the bus then it is simple to rent a scooter or even your own car and travel at your own pace. Hotels in Fira town are more expensive than neighboring villages but there are plenty of accommodation options to choose from.
Close to Fira, quiet and placid Imerovigli is the dream spot for honeymooners. The village is one of the most expensive places to stay on the island, but with breathtaking views of the caldera lagoon and romantic luxury love nest hideaways, it offers a perfect slice of secluded Santorini.
The charming town doesn’t have a beach but does have awesome 4 and 5-star hotels to choose from, many offering beautifully designed private suites, some of which are built into the cliff and have views of the volcano. From Imerovigli it is easy to travel to nearby towns; a lot of hotels offer a free shuttle bus, although local busses also connect to busy Fira.
Kamari is considerably cheaper than villages with views of the Caldera, but what it lacks in famous views it makes up for in its beautiful beach. If you are visiting Santorini with children then staying in Kamari is a great choice of location. The family friendly village boasts an expanse of sandy beach dotted with little local bars and restaurants, supermarkets and shops, meaning long days spent playing on the shoreline and evenings enjoying delicious meals with your family.
This is the place to stay in Santorini if your budget is a little tight, and the best priced hotel rooms are usually found outside of the peak summer season. With most of the accommodation in easy walking distance to the beach, there is no need to take a bus or taxi to reach the water as in other towns on the island.
Akrotiri has some interesting sitesArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Here's What You Need to Note Before You Plan to Visit Savannah
- How to plan your Honeymoon in Maldives
- Top 7 Best Free Attractions in Singapore
- Social Distancing Activities in Killington
- trekking in nepal
- Moshe Montifiori Street Jerusalem
- Jerusalem my precious
- Botanical Gardens in the United States - NM & CA
- Exploring More Botanical Gardens Located in the United States
- Exploring Three More Botanical Gardens in the United States
- Carthage, Tunisia
- Amazing things to do in Georgia
- 10 Important Forest Reserves in Vietnam
- The 10 Best Destinations For The Motorcycle Camping In The United States
- Great Destinations for a Motorcycle Camping Trip
- What to visit in Marrakech?
- 10 Facts About Ferrari World, Abu Dhabi
- Best European Places for Winter Vacations
- Best Places in Europe for New Year’s Eve
- Tips to Cool Down on Kimberley Cruises
- Considering Cruise Deals - 5 Things You Shouldn’t Do on Your First Cruise
- Fishing and Marine Life You Can Enjoy on Kimberley Cruises
- 9 Places You Should Visit In Granite Bay
- Best Places To Live In Placer County
- Top 7 Places To Visit In The Bay Area
- Tourist Attractions In Nevada County
- Top 8 Attractions Of The San Francisco Bay Area
- Escape to Greece Without Having To Take A Ferry
- Cheap Holidays in Egypt - Archaeological Wonders to Explore during your Vacation
- Where to swim in Athens