The Sinner’s Need Of Christ – Steps To Christ, Chapter 1
- Author Smithsfalls Adventist
- Published January 21, 2019
- Word count 437
Welcome to Chapter 1: The Sinner’s Need of Christ
Why does sinner need help?
Why only Christ could provide that remedy?
Mankind was originally:
endowed with noble abilities
with a well-balanced mind
perfect in their being
in harmony with God
with pure thoughts and holy aims.
Humanity was made captive by Satan
After they sinned, our first parents could no longer find joy in holiness. Furthermore, they sought to hide from the presence of God. Such is still the condition of the unrenewed heart. We are not in harmony with God, and find no joy in communion with Him. The sinners could not be happy in God’s presence. They would shrink from the companionship of holy beings. There thoughts, interests and motives, would be alien to those that actuate the sinless dwellers there. Heaven would be to them a place of torture.
It is no arbitrary dictate on the part of God that excludes the wicked from heaven. They are shut out by their own unfitness for its companionship. The glory of God would be to them a consuming fire. They would welcome destruction, that they might be hidden from the face of Him who died to redeem them. Moreover, human race would have remained so forever had not God specially interposed. Satan would point to all this evil he caused such as:
state of misery and degradation
darkness, accusations, deceptions and lies
alienation and damnation
lack of satisfaction and crashed by the weight of gilt
no future but death
as the result of God’s work in creating man.
The Sinner’s Need of Christ
It is impossible for us, of ourselves, to escape from the pit of sin in which we are sunken. Our hearts are evil, and we cannot change them.
Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. John 3:3
In other words, unless he or she receives a new heart, desires, purposes and motives, all leading to a new life, they cannot see the kingdom of God. There must be a power working from within, a new life from above, before men can be changed from sin to holiness. That power is Christ.
Those who have experienced the love of Christ cannot be idlers in the Master’s vineyard. They will see opportunities for helping others in their steps to Christ. Partaking of Christ’s love, they will labor for the souls of others. Let every soul copy the Pattern, and become missionaries in the highest sense, winning souls to Jesus.
May we all Repent, Confess, Grow up into Christ, and Rejoice in the Lord.
The Sinner’s Need of Christ Audio – YouTube
Download the entire ebook Steps to Christhttp://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Calling Yourself A Christian
- DISASTERS: What Did Jesus Say To Us
- From The Kingdom Of Darkness
- 10 Bible Verses about Love and Trust
- Are You Slow To Manifest The Things You Want
- Is Salvation Based On Grace Or Works?
- What Is Salvation ?
- Order Rosh hashanah Gifts
- Why You Should Know Your Bloodline
- The Masks & Fruit of false teachers in the Church of God
- An Open Letter to Religious Leaders
- Who is eligible for Zakat?
- The Real Freedom of Religion
- Meditating with the Dalai Lama
- Everything you should know about voyante sérieuse
- Teej: Celebrating the Union of Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati
- Let us go forward for God
- The Loss of Abundant Life
- The Hog -pen Experience
- The Way to Finding Purpose in Life
- Belief in Angels
- Science does not deny the existence of Allah (swt)
- Muhkam and mutashabih verses of Qur'an
- Heirs According to Sharia
- Overcoming Fear in Doing God's Will
- Blessings Follow in Serving God
- Paul Chehade - Summaries of World Religions.
- The Gift of Evangelism
- Did you know why Buddha is called the enlightened one?