Who is eligible for Zakat?
- Author Muminah Tannous
- Published May 5, 2019
- Word count 634
What is Zakat?
Zakat is also known as Zakah and it is one of five pillars of Islam. It is very compulsory for every person but it is not essential for those persons, who are not able in the term of finance. In the Arabic language, Zakah means purification.
As Allah SWT mentions it in the Holy Quran:
Take from their wealth so that you might purify and cleanse them_
All eligible people are needed to pay an annual to the percentage of 2.5% as Zakah, from the wealth and property they own.
Zakah is the 3rd pillar of Islam and it is mentioned alongside the prayer (Salah) in eighty-two verses of the Holy Quran.
What are the benefits of Zakah?
Muslims believe in that it has many worldly and spiritual benefits. They also believe that they get the happiness of Allah by paying Zakah. There is only one act for vanish poverty in society. For example, if rich people give zakah to the poor people and this cycle is continuous each time, then there will be a time when poverty will vanish from society. In these days, poverty is a social evil which creates many social evils.
Zakah is only obligatory for Muslims and it is not mandatory for Non-Muslims. Every Muslim who has reached maturity which means he/she knows the difference between the good and bad deeds, he/she has to pay Zakah.
Muslim should pay Zakah on any surplus wealth under your procession.
There is a list of things from which anyone pays Zakah.
1: Silver, Gold, and other jewelry.
2: Share and stocks.
3: Cash saved in bank and home.
4: Money you lend to others.
5: Property which is brought for investment purpose.
6: Pension amount.
What are the types of people, who required Zakah?
Allah describes the types of people in the Holy Quran.
In this type, those people are include who are away from home in the way of Allah. There are different meanings for away from home in the way of Allah: those people who leave their home for Jihaad or stranded in Hajj. Those people could be helped with the Zakat when they need.
These are people who have some money, but they have not sufficient for their everyday needs.
These are people who are extremely poor. They have no wealth at all and they often ask others for food, shelters, and clothes.
In this type, those people who are appointed by an Islamic Head of State or Government to collect Zakah. Such as organizations give them a fee for their work, which includes collecting, guarding, dividing, distributing and recording Zakah.
These people who are slaves and they get their freedom when they pay a fixed amount to their masters, therefore they can use it only for their freedom.
Those people who are travelers and they stay in a foreign land but they need money. They will only be entitled if the purpose of traveling is lawful (Shrai).
This word is used for those people who are in debt.
Nowadays, Zakah is very essential in this world because wealth has become an important part of life to get the required things. When Muslims pay from their wealth in the form of Zakah, it means they are sacrificing wealth in the way of Allah.
Most of People select the month of Ramadan to pay their Zakah because one reward is equal to seventy rewards according to Islam. Therefore, Muslims want to get more and more rewards this month. Some people passed this month by different prays, pay Zakkah, and Umrah.
For your kind of information, Umrah is a great holy Journey and the people go to perform their Umrah by using best Cheap Ramadan Umrah Package because it is better for them.
I am Marketing Manager at Labbaik Hajj Umrah, with responsibility for the marketing program, brand management and corporate sponsorship. Prior to joining Labbaik Hajj Umrah, I worked in strategic business development and marketing at several companies.
There are no posted comments.
- Diwali: More than a Hindu Festival of Lights
- What Is the Ultimate Spiritual Condition Where the Believer Will Experience God’s Abundant Life to the Fullest?
- PART 5 GOD'S ABUNDANT LIFE
- What Is God’s Abundant Life?
- I am a Sinner
- He Accepts Us Because He Knows Us
- What are the responsibilities of a pastor?
- Does God give those in church leadership new revelation?
- What Does It Mean When We Say That the End Justifies the Means?
- Uses and types of Islamic talismans-taweez in the folklore of arabic people
- QUESTIONING LEADERSHIP
- Is corvid 19 vaccine the mark of the beast in revelation 13:16-18
- The Equality of the Fallen
- Reframing Faith through Fantasy
- Mythopoeic Grace
- 3 Top Christian Influencers in India
- Top 3 Christian Podcasts in India
- Open Letter to Israel
- World of Religions: Hinduism
- SALVATION BY RELIANCE ALONE
- Calling Yourself A Christian
- DISASTERS: What Did Jesus Say To Us
- From The Kingdom Of Darkness
- 10 Bible Verses about Love and Trust
- Are You Slow To Manifest The Things You Want
- Is Salvation Based On Grace Or Works?
- What Is Salvation ?
- Order Rosh hashanah Gifts
- Why You Should Know Your Bloodline
- The Masks & Fruit of false teachers in the Church of God