Hiring a professional to install my dog fence vs. DIY?
- Author Sara Given
- Published July 8, 2019
- Word count 445
ABOUT PROFESSIONAL DOG FENCE INSTALLATION
Professional dog fences are generally the highest-quality dog fence products you can buy. The products that dog fence pros sell typically include features and warranties that do-it-yourself dog fences don’t. For example pro installation fences:
Use premium grade wire not found in stores
Better quality transmitter and receiver electronics
Collars are smaller, lighter, have adjustable settings and last longer
Installation equipment digs deeper with minimal damage to grass/driveway
Lifetime system support for equipment and training
Pro-installed dog fences also come with professional dog training to help ensure that you and your pet both have a good experience.
The reason professional installers can offer containment guarantees is that they understand the tips and tricks that make dog fences work for almost any dog, regardless of temperament. If you are uncertain in your ability to install your fence and train your dog correctly, the peace of mind that a containment guarantee offers can be worth the price of a pro installer.
COMMON COMPLAINTS OF CONSUMERS WITH DIY SYSTEMS:
Dog is timid of yard because of improper training
Constant wire breaks
Dog running through the fence due to inexperienced training methods
Replacement parts are hard to find
Difficult to find/fix a problem (from landscaping, gardening, weather related issues)
DIY systems are hard to diagnose because they don’t have indicators to identify a problem
Products break a lot because they are poor quality
QUESTIONS TO ASK A PRO INSTALLER
If you decide to hire a professional to install your invisible dog fence, make sure to ask the following questions to ensure you get a good deal:
What is the overall cost of the dog fence? Make sure to include annual battery costs as you compare costs across companies. E-Fence Pros has a rechargeable collar so there are no battery costs.
Do you offer a containment guarantee? A professional dog fence installer should offer a money back guarantee if they can’t contain your pet.
How will you install the wire? A pro installer should bury your wire at least 1 – 6 inches underground, including where the wire crosses driveways and sidewalks. Unless you have unusual requirements, beware of an installer that suggests stapling the wire to your fence or to the ground.
What training support do you include? You should expect at least two weeks of training. Some companies only offer limited training (pay per session). E-Fence Pros offers unlimited training that is included in the cost of the fence.
Who will help train my pet? The trainer should have at least one year of experience training dogs to understand an electronic fence. E-Fence Pros has over 20 years of pet training experience.
If you have any questions about a professionally installed fence or training, go to www.electricfencepros.com for more information.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Why Dog Owners Should Invest In A Treat Pouch
- 4 Ways To Prepare Fruit Treats For Your Dog
- Dog Grooming Benefits
- How to help a stray dog
- Puppy house training
- Dog Owner Must Know Facts About Dog Food
- Pet-Friendly Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
- Keeping your dog's nails quite short is significant for their smooth mobility.
- 6 Tips on Choosing a Shelter Dog
- Three Aspect That Changes Dog’s Personality
- Dog’s Diet
- Agnes, my Chihuahua
- Jump training a dog
- Dog car seats – yes or no?
- Training Is a Must for Puppies to Reach Their Ultimate Potential
- What to Expect in The First Months of Having a Puppy
- Dedicated to the Companionship of two lovable Pet dogs, Peppi and Bella
- Reasons Why Dogs Become Aggressive
- Things You Need to Consider Before Adopting a Dog
- Reasons why grooming your dog is good for you and the dog
- Best practices for pet-sitting
- Benefits of Owning a Dog
- The Benefits of Training Dogs with E-Collars
- Causes and Effects of Dog Anxiety
- Major Key Considerations to choosing a Dog
- Ways Reduce Dog's Separation Anxiety
- Dog Leashes
- Facts about Yorkshire Terriers
- How To Choose The Right Dog Food To Optimize Your Dog's Health
- How To Fend Off Sexual Mounting By Your Puppy