Geftinat (Anti Cancer Medicine)
- Author Ashima Munjal
- Published January 26, 2020
- Word count 457
Gefitinib is the treatment of non-small cell lung cancer. More than 100 types of cancer exist like breast cancer, skin cancer, lung cancer, colon cancer, prostate cancer or lymphoma, etc. Symptoms vary depending on the type of Cancer. Researches for medicines is going on and many have been successful till now. Today we are talking about one of the researches named Geftinat(Gefitinib), used for treating lung cancer.
Geftinat is a cancer chemotherapy medication. Geftinat conflict with the growth of cancer cells and slows down their growth in the body. It's indicated as monotherapy for the continued treatment of patients with small-cell carcinoma when failure of each platinum-based and docetaxel chemotherapies World Health Organization square measure benefiting or have benefited from Geftinat. It may additionally be used for functions aside from those listed during this drug data guide.
USAGE OF GEFTINAT(GEFITINIB)
The recommended daily dose(As per the doctors) of Geftinat (Gefitinib) is one (250 mg) tablet with or without food. High doses do not give better results and thus cause increased toxicity. However, your doctor may prescribe dose adjustments as required.
SIDE EFFECTS OF GEFTINAT(GEFITINIB)
Major & minor side effects are mentioned below:-
Nausea and Vomiting
Allergic skin reaction
Increase in liver enzyme levels
Difficulty in breathing
Redness around fingernails
HOW SHOULD I USE GEFTINAT?
Use Geftinat as directed by your doctor.
Geftinat may be taken with or without food.
If you have difficulty swallowing the tablet, it can be added to half a glass of water. Do not use other liquids. Drop the tablet into the water, without crushing it, and stir until it dissolves (about 10 minutes). Then drink the liquid immediately. Rinse the glass with half a glass of water and drink it.
Taking Geftinat at the same time each day will help you remember to take it.
If you miss a dose of Gefitinib, take it as soon as possible. Don't take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Geftinat.
Patients receiving Geftinat 250 mg Tablet have experienced severe skin reactions like toxic epidermal necrolysis, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, and erythema multiforme. Close monitoring of symptoms like change in color of the skin, skin rashes, itching, blistering, etc. is necessary while receiving this medicine.
The recommended daily dose of Geftinat (Iressa or Gefitinib) is one 250 mg tablet with or without food. Higher doses do not give a better response and cause increased toxicity. However, your oncologist may make dose adjustments as required.
Symptoms of a Geftinat overdose tend to be similar to side effects caused by the medication, although often more severe. If you suspect overdose seek emergency medical attention or contact your healthcare provider immediately.
Asmointernational is a Delhi-based company specializing in prescription drugs and medicines that are not readily available on the market. We provide drugs easily without any trouble for you. For thousands of people, Asmo International is a trusted and familiar household name, and they know they will find a cure.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- World Health Organization Tips on Protecting the Coronavirus
- Early Warning Signs of APPENDICITIS and Its Urgent Treatment
- What You should Know About Urogynaecology
- Cancer survivors
- Fatty Liver: The Silent Killer
- What Is the Best Thing to Drink for Your Kidneys
- How Does Nicotine Salt Work?
- Fingernail disease
- Can Enlarged Prostate Cause Erectile Dysfunction?
- Dialysis definition and realities
- Mesothelioma Lawyer Asbestos Cancer Lawsuit
- What is the Most Important Thing to do After a Cancer Diagnosis?
- Best Weed Strains for ADHD in 2020
- THE BLADDER CANCER
- Hope in the Horizon in the Fight against coronavirus
- Bill Gates does not want to spoil the party
- Helping The Others Realize The Advantages Of Guidelines Of Mesothelioma
- Hidden Stress & Illness in Women
- Ketogenic diet for epilepsy – The best treatment option
- Making Eggs with Stem Cells: a Big Step for Mankind
- Helpful Tips for Curing Cancer with Exercise
- 4 Important Things Everyone Must Know About Heartburn
- 5 Reasons Why abortion is bad for women’s health
- Did You Know Body Odour Can Indicate A Toxic Colon?
- Cancer, Types, Causes, Effects And Solution
- Diabetes, Types, Causes, Symptoms And Management
- Heart Disease, Types, Symptoms, Causes, Treatment And Prevention
- Get Appointment for Gallbladder Cancer Treatment with Best Hospitals and Top Surgeons
- Making Decisions And Coping With Stage 4 Colon Cancer In India Will Be Your Best Choice