Benefits of Owning a Dog
- Author Martina Smith
- Published April 3, 2020
- Word count 629
People love their dogs and they make great companions. While dog people know there is a benefit for having their furry friend there has been researched done to show the benefits of owning a dog. These are some of the benefits of owning and loving a dog.
People that own dogs do not get sick as often as people that do not have these pets in the home. Dogs have germs and a diverse mix of bacteria will get into the home. This will allow a person to build up their immunities and will help the body fight off illnesses. The immune system will be alert and active allowing a person to stay healthy. Even children that live with a dog get sick less often.
If a person already has allergies dog dander may make them worse. If a person does not have allergies owning a dog can make them less likely to develop allergies. Children that have grown up with a dog are less likely to have allergy conditions and issues. This can happen even before the baby is born. Pregnant women that have dogs in the home were helping their babies develop immunities. When the babies were born they had a reduced risk of developing asthma, common allergies, and even eczema.
Dogs need exercise and this can help their owners out too. Dogs need to be walked and played with. Walking the dog should take at least 30 minutes a day. In addition to this playing with the dog can even help a person become more active. This will allow a person to get in their exercise and decrease their risks of certain diseases.
People that own dogs are less likely to suffer from conditions such as depression. Even people that have been diagnosed with depression can benefit from owning a pet. Taking care of a dog will require a person to become active and develop some form of a daily routine. When talking about the dog, people are more likely to have positive interactions with others. Dogs are also loving and want to make their owners happy. They can initiate cuddling if they feel that their owners are sad. Owning a pet has been shown to increase oxytocin levels in the brain which is responsible for being happy.
Owning a dog has been shown to help develop friendships and social interactions. A dog can lead to conversations and there are many groups online where dog owners can connect. Dog owners interact with each other for the care of their dogs and in the process, they can develop friendships.
Help with Health
Dogs can detect things in the human body that people do not know of. There have been incidents where dogs were able to detect early signs of cancer. There are many medical stories where the dog kept sniffing or licking at a mole on their owner. The owners that did eventually get this check out found early signs of cancer. Dogs can tell if their humans are getting sick.
Studies have shown that people that have pets are more compassionate. Dogs can also help regulate emotions and will even teach children to be in control of their feelings. People will learn how to have compassion for others and have a positive attitude towards others including other animals.
These are some of the benefits of owning a dog. A dog can help a person stay healthy and is a good company. With all of these benefits, a person should head to their local animal shelter and take home a new best friend.
In conclusion, owning a dog can help a person stay active. They will learn how to have compassion and will have a good companion.
Martina Smith has always loved animals, especially when she got her own dogs. She really enjoys learning more about dogs in general, enjoys sharing what she has learned and continues to learn, and she helps run a website that promotes Dog Training Equipment browse their selection now!Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How many diverse types of service dogs and what they do?
- Service Dog, Companion Dog, Therapy Dog, which dog can best support a Child with Autism?
- Choosing a Veterinarian for Your Dog
- Why Dog Owners Should Invest In A Treat Pouch
- 4 Ways To Prepare Fruit Treats For Your Dog
- Dog Grooming Benefits
- How to help a stray dog
- Puppy house training
- Dog Owner Must Know Facts About Dog Food
- Pet-Friendly Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
- Keeping your dog's nails quite short is significant for their smooth mobility.
- 6 Tips on Choosing a Shelter Dog
- Three Aspect That Changes Dog’s Personality
- Dog’s Diet
- Agnes, my Chihuahua
- Jump training a dog
- Dog car seats – yes or no?
- Training Is a Must for Puppies to Reach Their Ultimate Potential
- What to Expect in The First Months of Having a Puppy
- Dedicated to the Companionship of two lovable Pet dogs, Peppi and Bella
- Reasons Why Dogs Become Aggressive
- Things You Need to Consider Before Adopting a Dog
- Reasons why grooming your dog is good for you and the dog
- Best practices for pet-sitting
- The Benefits of Training Dogs with E-Collars
- Causes and Effects of Dog Anxiety
- Major Key Considerations to choosing a Dog
- Ways Reduce Dog's Separation Anxiety
- Dog Leashes