Etiquette of Presenting Khata
- Author Cathy Zhang
- Published April 9, 2020
- Word count 566
Presenting Khata is the most common Tibetan courtesy to show friendship and respect. In Tibet, it is customary to offer Khata for weddings, funeral, festivals, and receptions, for meetings with venerable elders, worshiping Buddha, and seeing somebody off.
The action of presenting "Khata" varies from person to person. Generally speaking, it is necessary to hold the Khata with both hands, hold it high and level with the shoulder, then stretch forward and bend down to give it to the other party. At this time, Khata is level with the head, which shows respect to the other party and the greatest blessing -- good luck. The other party holds it with both hands in a respectful gesture. When presenting Khata to the elders, please raise your hands over your head, lean forward slightly and hold the Khata to the front of the seat or under your feet. For peers or subordinates, it can be tied around their necks. Offering Khata is so common in Tibet that even when people write to each other, they attach a small Khata in the envelope to express their blessing and greetings. It is particularly interesting that Tibetans take a few khatas with them for use when they go out, in case they meet relatives or friends who have been away for a long time.
There is no historical data to find out which dynasty it originated from. There are many folk tales. One of them is that Zhang Qian of the Han Dynasty went on a diplomatic mission to the western regions to pass Tibet and presented silk to the local tribal leaders. In this way, the Tibetan tribes think that this is a kind of etiquette to express friendship and blessing, and it is a great etiquette from the prosperous states in the Central Plains, so it has been used up to now. Later it was said that Khata was the ribbon of the fairy, and it symbolized holiness and supremacy. The people tried to imitate each other and gave Khata to each other, hoping that they would be happy.
Offering "Khata" means to show purity, sincerity, loyalty, and respect to the other party. It means different things in different situations. On the festival day, people present Khata to each other to express congratulations on a happy day and a happy life. Presenting Khata at the wedding means wishing the newlyweds a mountain of love and growing old together; When greeting guests to offer Khata, to express a pious, pray for the blessing of the Bodhisattva; Offering Khata at a funeral is a sign of mourning and consolation for the deceased family. The Tibetan people entered the gate of the temple, first presented a Khata, and then visited the temples, and sat down. When you leave, put a Khata behind the seat you sat on to show that your heart is still there.
Khata, transliteration of Tibetan. It's a kind of silk and cotton fabric. Most of them are white and blue. In addition, there are five colors of Khata, which are blue, white, yellow, green and red. Blue means blue sky, white is the white cloud, green is the river, red is the God of space protection, and yellow is the symbol of the earth. Colorful Khata is the most precious gift for Bodhisattva's and close relatives to make colorful arrows. It can only be used under specific circumstances.
Great Tibet Tour is a local Tibet travel agency with more than 15 years of service experience, real insiders design your trip. We offer a variety of group Tibet tour packages and customizable private tours with the best service and budget prices.http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Trust Fund Babies and Economic Freedom in America
- Abolishing Wage Slavery in the Land of the Free
- The Economic Democracy Act: Frequently Asked Questions
- Hedonistic Calculous – Mental Mayhem Wrath
- Wanted: One Billionaire Who Will Actively Support A Government of the People, by the People, and for the People!
- The Earliest True Meaning Of Sending Valentine Roses On Valentine's Day
- Bridging the Deep Political Divide of 2021…Economically
- An Open Letter to President Elect Biden and Vice President Elect Harris: On Democratizing the American Economy
- Property Ownership: The Cure for Voter Apathy and a Key to Responsible Citizenship
- A Systematic Antidote to Concentrated Wealth/Power and a Myriad of Related Problems
- Economically Empowering Every Single American While Creating No Debt!
- Psychic Terrors – Mirrors of Psychological Errors
- HOW DOES ASTROLOGY HELPS IN BUSINESS
- A Free Market Strategy That Systematically Underwrites Instead of Undermines American Democracy!
- Perspective in the middle of chaos
- Future Earnings: The Key to Understanding The Capital Homesteading Act
- A Systematic Solution to Structural Racism in America!
- A Copywriter's Insider Secrets To Avoid Being Duped By Headlines
- Games Hone the Skills We Need as Adults and Have Changed With The Times
- The Secret History of Toilets
- India is forging ahead
- The true meaning, of religion forcing God to believe in God by threatening to connect American men to dickie bows
- School Shootings, Wake Up America!
- My desire to hug Cristina Raines
- Sports Gathering
- Are Waist Beads Solely for Skinny Women?
- A quick Peek Directly into Rush Limbaugh Celebrity Story
- The Moral Necessity of Veganism
- A Degenerative Evolution