- Author Martina Smith
- Published October 16, 2020
- Word count 578
A well-balanced, nutritious diet is vital in keeping your dog healthy and happy. However, with many available diets, selecting the right diet for your dog can present a significant challenge.
Domesticated dogs are primarily carnivores, but they tend to be omnivores in dieting. However, when deciding on what diet to give your furry friend, it is ideal to consult with your vet. This is because every dog is an individual, and what might be suitable for a friend’s dogs may not work for your dog.
In this article, you will get to explore more about a dog’s diet. Here we go
What dogs eat
Basically, your dog’s diet should include high-quality, well-balanced commercial dog food. The food will vary depending on the health status and age (growth stage) of your four-legged friend. To offer variety, you can incorporate some natural foods like sizable raw meaty bones, fresh human-made raw meat, and vegetables. NEVER cook bones meant to feed your dog.
Make sure to pick human-made meat because most meat products sold as dog food contain preservatives that can be harmful to your dog’s health. The amount to feed your dog will vary depending on breed, age, size, and level of exercise.
Misconceptions surrounding dog’s diet
Everyone wants the best for their furry friends. With many myths surrounding pet food, you may be overwhelmed by the conflicting information. Here are some traps you should never enter in.
Raw foods are highly susceptible to bacterial contamination and will give your dog worms – dogs have potent stomach acids that will kill any bacteria.
Raw foods make your dog aggressive or aggressive dogs should be given low protein diets.
Raw diets are not balanced
Bones are harmful to dogs
Raw diets are not balanced
People foods are detrimental to dogs
Grained-diets are harmful to your dogs
Dry foods are best for your dog and beneficial to dental care
All diets are holistic and balanced for every dog
What makes a good brand, and why?
Choosing a healthy dog food is a must for every pet owner. The only way to get the right dog food is by buying from a reputable brand, and this is how to spot one.
The first thing is consulting with your vet. He or she can offer recommendations based on your pooch’s needs. Once you are in the pet store, check for “complete and balanced.” You can also check for nutritional adequacy statements by the Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO). This shows the brand meets requirements to make dog food, and the food is ideal.
What makes a horrible brand, and why?
Even though you won’t find any pet food labeled as bad, there are some brands that you must avoid. Mostly, you will find these foods from these brands labeled “intermittent or supplemental” and they contain questionable ingredients. Dog foods from a lousy brand will contain 4-D meats, preservatives, synthetic ingredients, corn, and grains. These ingredients are added to lower production costs.
What do people need to know before buying dog food?
For you to get premium commercial food for your dog, consider the following and their percentages
Carbohydrates and grains present
Level of oils and fats
Preservatives used. Avoid foods that are not preserved with natural preservatives
Breed of your dog.
With this guide, you will buy the right food for your dog. Make sure to buy from a reputable brand.
Martina Smith has always loved animals, especially when she got her own dogs. She really enjoys learning more about dogs in general, enjoys sharing what she has learned and continues to learn, and she helps run a website that promotes Dog Training Equipment browse their selection now!Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Service Dogs Against Anxiety and Depression
- 5 Ways to Care for your Aging Dog
- WHY A DOG IS A GREAT CHRISTMAS GIFT FOR CHILDREN
- Why dogs are humans’ best friends?
- How many diverse types of service dogs and what they do?
- Service Dog, Companion Dog, Therapy Dog, which dog can best support a Child with Autism?
- Choosing a Veterinarian for Your Dog
- Why Dog Owners Should Invest In A Treat Pouch
- 4 Ways To Prepare Fruit Treats For Your Dog
- Dog Grooming Benefits
- How to help a stray dog
- Puppy house training
- Dog Owner Must Know Facts About Dog Food
- Pet-Friendly Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
- Keeping your dog's nails quite short is significant for their smooth mobility.
- 6 Tips on Choosing a Shelter Dog
- Three Aspect That Changes Dog’s Personality
- Agnes, my Chihuahua
- Jump training a dog
- Dog car seats – yes or no?
- Training Is a Must for Puppies to Reach Their Ultimate Potential
- What to Expect in The First Months of Having a Puppy
- Dedicated to the Companionship of two lovable Pet dogs, Peppi and Bella
- Reasons Why Dogs Become Aggressive
- Things You Need to Consider Before Adopting a Dog
- Reasons why grooming your dog is good for you and the dog
- Best practices for pet-sitting
- Benefits of Owning a Dog
- The Benefits of Training Dogs with E-Collars