The Earliest True Meaning Of Sending Valentine Roses On Valentine's Day
- Author Vincent Simon
- Published February 18, 2021
- Word count 708
Every time to Valentine's day, I believe the most popular flower shop is the Valentine's rose, because the flower language of valentine rose is brave love, so in many people's hearts, rose is the representative of love bouquet, so many people will choose roses to express their love, so, do you know the origin of sending beautiful roses for Valentine's day?
The origin of sending roses on Valentine's Day
All along, roses are the common language used to express love all over the world. On Valentine's day, people choose to send valentine roses to express their love. In fact, the origin of sending roses on Valentine's Day is related to an ancient myth. According to the myth, people gradually get used to the custom of sending roses on Valentine's day.
In Greek mythology, Aphrodite, the God of love, is so beautiful that it is sought after by countless admirers. Zeus is one of them, but they are all rejected by Aphrodite.
Zeus held a grudge and married Hephaestus, the ugly and disabled God of fire. But Aphrodite did not love the God of fire, but the human Adonis.
Adonis is a young man who loves hunting very much. Once, when he went out hunting, he was suddenly attacked by a fierce wild boar. Unfortunately, he was bitten off the main artery of his foot, and Adonis fell to the ground in pain.
Aphrodite heard Adonis scream from afar. She was so anxious that she went to save her lover. The valley was covered with white roses. The thorny roses cut her feet and legs and spilled blood all the way.
At the end of the story, Adonis dies, and the white roses in the valley stained with Aphrodite's blood turn into red roses. People are very moved by this fairy tale. The red rose stained with Aphrodite's blood has been regarded as a symbol of love since then. Usually on Valentine's day, a red rose will be presented to express the feelings between lovers.
In today's Valentine's Day customs, flowers and chocolates have become indispensable for Valentine's day. They are also the most classic gifts given by men to women, showing their concentration, emotion and vitality.
Rose is the incarnation of the God of love, and chocolate can make people have the feeling of love. It is said that phenylamine, one of the ingredients of chocolate, can cause hormonal changes in the human body, similar to the feeling in love.
We all know the origin of sending roses on Valentine's day. Now let's continue to understand the real meaning of sending valentine rose. The answer is still very surprising.
The earliest true meaning of sending valentine roses
In ancient Greek mythology, the meaning of sending roses on Valentine's Day is love, but in fact, there is another completely different explanation about the meaning of sending roses.
In fact, Valentine's day is a festival commemorating a monk who marries young people. The king of France chose a son-in-law for his daughter on Valentine's day on February 14. The son-in-law he chose was a noble son. Because the marriage was appointed by the royal family, he had to agree.
But in fact, there are many admirers around him. Now that he has become the son-in-law, in fact, he is also very uncomfortable. So on that day, he held a large bunch of roses and took the girls who were present at that time and had pursued him, one rose for each, saying that we should not go out with each other in the future.
So the custom of sending roses on Valentine's day comes from this day, so what is the earliest real meaning of sending roses? In fact, it's "we're over. I'll get along with others. We're out of business.".
After reading this answer, do you feel afraid to send roses to the people you like? This is just a suggestion. After all, roses are the best flowers to express love in most people's eyes. If you really care, you can not send roses on February 14 White Valentine's day.
Valentine's Day is coming on February 14. Valentine rose is the best choice for your lover. Red rose, pink rose and blue enchantress are all very good flowers to express your love.
I’m Vincent Simon, graduated from Tsinghua University, majoring in psychology. I’m a writer dedicated to provide suggestions on relationship, marriage and social skills.
If you want to get rid of being single, find a girlfriend / boyfriend;
If you want to solve problems in your marriage.
You can visit my Blog at https://firstdatingadvice.com/love/valentine-rose/. I will give you the most professional and effective advice for free.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Hedonistic Calculous – Mental Mayhem Wrath
- Wanted: One Billionaire Who Will Actively Support A Government of the People, by the People, and for the People!
- Bridging the Deep Political Divide of 2021…Economically
- An Open Letter to President Elect Biden and Vice President Elect Harris: On Democratizing the American Economy
- Property Ownership: The Cure for Voter Apathy and a Key to Responsible Citizenship
- A Systematic Antidote to Concentrated Wealth/Power and a Myriad of Related Problems
- Economically Empowering Every Single American While Creating No Debt!
- Psychic Terrors – Mirrors of Psychological Errors
- HOW DOES ASTROLOGY HELPS IN BUSINESS
- A Free Market Strategy That Systematically Underwrites Instead of Undermines American Democracy!
- Perspective in the middle of chaos
- Future Earnings: The Key to Understanding The Capital Homesteading Act
- A Systematic Solution to Structural Racism in America!
- A Copywriter's Insider Secrets To Avoid Being Duped By Headlines
- Etiquette of Presenting Khata
- Games Hone the Skills We Need as Adults and Have Changed With The Times
- The Secret History of Toilets
- India is forging ahead
- The true meaning, of religion forcing God to believe in God by threatening to connect American men to dickie bows
- School Shootings, Wake Up America!
- My desire to hug Cristina Raines
- Sports Gathering
- Are Waist Beads Solely for Skinny Women?
- A quick Peek Directly into Rush Limbaugh Celebrity Story
- The Moral Necessity of Veganism
- A Degenerative Evolution
- Travelers on the Orphan Train
- Body Art - Let your tattoos do the talking
- Knighthoods from Cardboard Swords - Why the U.S. Exaggerates Praise for Its Military