- Author Mahima Kamal Nijhum
- Published April 3, 2021
- Word count 753
Nails give us much information about our body health. By looking at the nails, we can know what disease we have. We do not need to see a doctor for this. Now let’s know something about this.
Thyroid: If your nails become loose or detached from the nail bed, it is called ONYCHOLYSIS. This ONYCHOLYSIS often occurs on the ring finger and little fingers of the hand. These disorders called ONYCHOLYSIS can occur if a person has an increased thyroid disorder. If too much space falls on the nails dirt and dirt can enter and cause diseases in the nails. Similarly, cavities in the nails are also a sign that there is a thyroid problem.
Heart disease: If your nails have any red or reddish streaks or spots, they are called SPLINTER HEMORRHAGES.These symptoms occur in the nails when a person has infections in the heart valves or inflammation in the blood vessels. Also, the nails of people with congenital heart defects appear round and wide in the swollen state.Therefore, it is best to consult a cardiologist if you have any of these symptoms.
Anxiety and Depression: Numerous studies suggest that if a person has a habit of biting their nails on a daily basis or if they continue to bite and spit without realizing it, it can be a psychological problem. These are called ONYCHOPHAGIA. Anxiety, stress, etc. are called ONYCHOPHAGIA. So if you continue to bite your nails daily, you are more likely to get germs through your mouth. Therefore, bitter liquids can be applied on the nails to prevent biting or preventative measures can be taken.
Diabetics: If your fingernails have changed from white to moderately yellow, it means that you have diabetes. Diabetes causes the skin and nails to turn yellow. However it is only on the nails that the effects of this disease are apparent. Glucose is linked to collagen protein in the nails, causing discoloration of the nails. If you are very thirsty and need to urinate frequently, it is a good idea to consult a diabetic doctor.
Lung Disorders: If your finger is dark blue it means you have lung related disorders. People with lung disorders may have dark blue nails and lips. Nails and lips can be dark blue, especially in people with asthma, hemoglobin deficiency, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, pneumonia, emphysema and chronic bronchitis. So if their nails or lips look blue, it is best to consult a respiratory doctor immediately. Failure to seek counseling can lead to serious lung disorders.
Joint Pain: It is a common misconception that arthritis is a disease that only affects the elderly. But osteoarthritis is a joint disease that can affect people of all ages. There are many types of arthritis. Some of them are diseases that can cause changes in the fingernails. If your nails are weak it is a sign of osteoarthritis. As well as if there are small pits or lines on the nails it means that you are suffering from a disease called Psoriatic Arthritis. As well as swelling in the skin adjacent to the nails it is a sign that you are suffering from lupus. Also, if the base of the nail appears red and crescent-shaped, it is a sign of rheumatoid arthritis. As well as spontaneous deformation and breakage of nails is called Onychomadesis. So if you have any of these symptoms on your nails it is best to go to an arthritis treatment doctor immediately and get proper advice.
Anemia: Some people have white nails due to malnutrition. Nails appear white, especially due to anemia caused by malnutrition. As malnutrition increases, the nails become thinner, pits appear on the nails and appear as vertical ridges. So if the body is malnourished it can cause a variety of problems. So it is very good to consume nutritious foods that the body needs daily.
Melanoma: Melanoma is a deadly skin cancer. The main cause of skin cancer is exposure to the sun's rays. This skin cancer is caused by UV rays that break down the DNA of skin cells. Skin cancer occurs in the most exposed areas of the body, such as the feet, hands, ears and nose. Acral lentiginous melanoma is a cancer that is more deadly than cancers that occur in different parts of the body. Symptoms of the disease include dark patches on the fingernails or black lines on the nails.
Therefore, it is very important to go to a dermatologist for treatment if such symptoms occur.
There are no posted comments.
- The Connection Between Sleep Apnea and Cardiovascular Disease
- The Impact of Exercise on Immune Health: Unveiling the Body's Defense Mechanism
- Type of Seizure Disorders
- Can PTSD Cause Executive Dysfunction?
- Executive Dysfunction Has Nothing to do with Being an Executive
- What Autistic People Want You to Know About Autism
- Advances in Alzheimer's: Gamma Light Therapy, Bacteria, and Inflammation
- How do you know whether your child or you have APD?
- Mild Cognitive Impairment--A Precursor to Dementia?
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Doesn't Just Affect Combat Soldiers
- The Three Most Common Disabilities
- 4 Reasons Seniors Should Prioritize Oral Hygiene
- A FATHER'S JOURNEY OF HOPE: CAMP ESPERANZA'S IMPACT ON YOUNG CANCER SURVIVORS
- How Your Phone Could Be Harming Your Health
- Covid-19 Side Effects for Diabetes
- FutureCommPR shines a light on a rare, serious medical condition
- Information On Polyarthritis.
- Mindfulness in Nature: 3 Simple Tips For How Spending Time Outdoors Can Enhance Your Practice
- Managing risk in mental health settings
- Emergency Air Ambulance with Top Medical Services - Bumrungrad Hospital Dhaka Office
- Why Consider Stem Cell Banking for Teeth?
- The Warning Signs of Oral Cancer (and Why It’s Important to Know Them)
- Eating one wild fish same as month of drinking tainted water" in the US
- The Benefits of Staying in Your Own Home When You Have Dementia or Alzheimer’s
- How Oral Health Can Affect Eye Health
- 10 deadliest cancers
- How To Protect yourself from Electromagnetic field Radiation(EMFs) With A Negative Ions Shield?
- Influenza Season Is Here And For this reason You Ought to View It In a serious way
- 10 Unsafe Symptoms of Cell Phones Usage on Teens