Hull business partners with charity that empowers widows and orphans in Sierra Leone
- Author Connor Hewson
- Published April 18, 2021
- Word count 278
A Hull-based business has partnered with a charity in Sierra Leone that supports widows and orphans through education and economic development projects.
The Jamil and Nyanga Jaward Foundation supports people throughout Sierra Leone, where 86 per cent of the rural population live in extreme poverty.
Hull has a strong relationship with the West African nation. The country’s capital, Freetown, is twinned with the city.
The Jamil and Nyanga Jaward Foundation runs a number of community-based projects assisting women in agricultural development and empowering them to become financially stable through entrepreneurship.
The foundation also runs projects for young children attending various local schools in Freetown, giving them access to much-needed educational resources.
The foundation has partnered with Hull-based marketing agency Assured Marketing to raise awareness and support the foundation’s various projects.
Connor Hewson, Assured Marketing director, said “Our aim is to use our organisation’s experience and resources to create a marketing strategy that, not only generates awareness of the outstanding efforts of The Jamil & Nyanga Jaward Foundation, but also ensures that they are able to welcome more donations to help fund their causes.”
Hull’s link to the West African nation can be traced back to the early days of the abolition of the slave trade, a campaign that was led by Hull’s William Wilberforce MP and a group of friends who became known as the ‘Clapham Sect’.
In the early days of abolition, the British Navy would patrol the seas off West Africa and seek to intercept slave ships. The people were then returned to the African continent and Freetown was one of the first settlements, so named because the people received their freedom there.
Connor Hewson - Managing Director of Assured Marketing. A UK wide digital marketing agency whose aim as an organisation is to provide high quality marketing resources to smaller businesses and non-profit organisations.
Website URL: https://assuredmarketing.co.uk
Email: Info@assuredmarketing.co.ukArticle source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The effect of Financial Accounting on Managerial Decision-Making in Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (SME's)
- Remove the Scaffold!
- Six Sigma Black Belt—What is it?
- Influence without Authority
- Discover the secret digital products that everyone is obsessed with!
- Unveiling the Power of Affiliate Buzz X: Your Path to Affiliate Marketing Success
- Unlocking the Lucrative World of Digital Marketing: A Forbes-Predicted Business Opportunity in 2023
- Medicare Pharmacy in Desert Hot Springs: Enhancing Healthcare Access for Seniors
- Facetite in Houston: Achieving a More Youthful Appearance
- Is Live Good Legit?
- Enhancing Security with Surveillance Systems in San Jose
- The Ultimate Guide to Starting Affiliate Marketing: Make Money While You Sleep
- Work from Home: The Ultimate Guide to Remote Jobs and Online Paying Jobs
- The Thriving World of Freelancing: Unleashing Your Potential
- Is Something Not Right, Or Is It Wrong? A Question I Need Answered.
- Doctor's Survival Home Remedies
- GetResponse Review-An In-Depth Look at Email Marketing's All-in-One Solution
- How many teaspoons are in 30 ml? Mini Guide
- Safeguard Your Digital World, Unleash Peace of Mind
- Unlock Your Online Earnings Potential Today!
- Why Your Company Needs Employee Resource Groups
- Boost Your Earnings with the LiveGood Affiliate Program: A Comprehensive Guide
- Unlock Unlimited Earning Potential with Fiverr Affiliate Program: The Ultimate Guide to 2023
- Affiliate Marketing vs. Dropshipping: A Comprehensive Comparison
- Best paint for exterior metal door
- The Ultimate Guide to Affiliate Marketing for Beginners
- Ways to Make Money
- How to lose weight
- Social Media Marketing For Gainers
- Live Your Best Life Now: Join the LiveGood Community for Free and Unleash Your Full Potential!