Childhood Poverty in the USA Eliminated Forever!
- Author Rick Osbourne
- Published June 13, 2021
- Word count 1,635
If the Economic Democracy Act (EDA) was implemented today, every child in the USA would have $10,000 invested on their behalf ANNUALLY, and their money would be working for them instead of them working for money. In 10 years, they would have had $100,000 invested on their behalf. And in 18 years, when they’re ready to attend college, they would have had $180,000 invested on their behalf which would be generating enough dividend-based income for them to attend college WITHOUT GOING INTO DEBT!
In other words, if the EDA was implemented today, there would be NO POOR CHILDREN IN AMERICA within a decade. And at age 18, no young person would be denied all the benefits of a college education due to a lack of money. Furthermore, done correctly, all this could be achieved WITHOUT CREATING A DIME of GOVERNMENT or CONSUMER DEBT. And this is only the tip of the EDA iceberg. Sound impossible? Check out the following scenario.
$4 Trillion Dollars Annually…
On average, the American economy produces about $4,000,000,000,000 (yes that’s 4 trillion dollars) worth of new, productive capital assets annually. That translates into $12,000 for every man, woman, and child in America. But generally speaking, the beneficiaries of this predictable annual growth are limited to people who can afford to purchase these wealth- producing capital assets that account for our nation’s annual growth.
More specifically, we’re talking about less than 10% of Americans who have the means to take advantage of these relatively predictable opportunities, and 90% who lack the opportunity to participate. Thus, we now have a 21st century wealth gap that is wider and more toxic than any time since the stock market crash of 1929 and the Great Depression which followed in its wake.
To make matters worse, this was the case long before the current pandemic oriented economic crisis raised its ugly head. In response to millions of workers losing their incomes and healthcare due to the virus, the Federal government increased unemployment benefits for several months, and issued so called “stimulus checks” to millions of people in an effort to artificially jump-start demand and to prevent the ship of state from sinking into oblivion.
Unpalatable But Necessary Steps
In taking these unpalatable but necessary steps the government has significantly increased the already massive debt load, which means it’s a short-term, not a long-term solution. The hope of course is to artificially resuscitate demand, which in turn should recreate jobs, get we the people back to work, and lead us all back to where we were before the virus struck.
The problem is that, even before the virus struck, we the people were not in a very good place. Even before the virus erupted over half of Americans were living paycheck to paycheck, unable to afford a $500 bump in the road without having to borrow money in order to pay for it. Things are dramatically worse than they were 16 months ago. But the place we were is still not the place to which we the people are longing to return. So, what can we do?
The $4 Trillion Dollar Idea That Creates No Debt!
Now let’s recall that on average, the American economy creates $4 trillion dollars-worth of new, wealth producing capital assets annually. Once again, that translates into about $12,000 annually for every man, woman, and child in America. But the beneficiaries of this annual phenomena are limited to those who can afford to participate in the ownership side of the American economy. And this generally excludes we the people.
The question I want to raise now is, how can we make sure the average American has systematic access to the ownership side of the economy, where MOST OF THE NEW WEALTH IS BEING GENERATED? How can the average Joe gain access to that $4 trillion dollars of productive, economic opportunity in order to generate a second income, while eliminating the fear and instability that so many Americans suffer from in today’s incredibly imbalanced economy?
Consider the Following Possibility…
• What if the Federal Reserve, through local banks
• issued $10,000 of FULLY INSURED CAPITAL CREDIT LOANS
• to every single American citizen (man, woman, and child regardless of age, race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, or economic status) ANNUALLY
• at ZERO PERCENT INTEREST, and…
• allowed all capital credit loans to be repaid via PRE-TAX, FUTURE EARNINGS /DIVIDENDS – NOT FROM PAST SAVINGS
• along with a stipulation that these funds could ONLY BE USED to buy shares of new and transferred capital assets that were predicted to generate enough future profits to PAY FOR THEMSELVES (they’re self-liquidating), and to create predictable, stabilizing, capital incomes for their owners?
This strategy, known as ECONOMIC DEMOCRACY (a.k.a. Capital Homesteading) would cost American taxpayers NOTHING. It creates NO GOVERNMENT DEBT! And it creates NO CONSUMER DEBT! And, rather than government debt-backed currency, each purchase would be backed (collateralized) by insured, productive, private-sector assets
And it WOULD AVOID INFLATION. All money created would be instantly backed (collateralized) by the full value of private sector assets that citizens would receive insured loans in order to purchase. Production and consumption (supply and demand) would be systematically balanced. Citizens would actually be purchasing newly issued, full dividend payout, voting shares of companies that need new capital assets in order to grow.
What Economic Democracy Will Do However Is…
• Give every American systematic access to the ownership side of the American economy, where most of our nations’ new wealth is being generated.
• Create a stream of capital income for all Americans thru ownership - not labor
• END POVERTY…INCLUDING CHILDHOOD POVERTY
• HEAL THE RACIAL DIVIDE which is rooted in centuries of economic imbalance
• Stabilize family life,
• Make it much easier for police to do their jobs by reducing poverty related crime,
• Minimize the mental illness known as GREED that so poisons American culture
• Help democratize our free market in the long run,
• Create millions of new taxpayers, thereby DILUTING and REDUCING the TAX BURDEN on those who actually pay taxes
• Minimize the growing threat of artificial intelligence in Americas’ job market
• Balance the national budget,
• And potentially pay off our massive and ever-growing national debt, etc.
In this moment of political division and strife Economic Democracy literally pays all Americans to pull together, at the same time, in the same direction, towards the same goals! It translates mere political talk (such as…we’re all in this together) into real live, results driven action!
It Systematically Counteracts Concentrated Wealth/Greed!
Over time, each American citizen will accumulate more equity, more capital income, and benefit from their investments in a way that only the wealthy can today. As result, the need for expensive, federally backed social safety net programs like Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, minimum wage, food stamps, will gradually fade into the sunset. More people will be able to pay taxes, which in turn decreases the burden on those among us who still pay taxes. It counteracts concentrated wealth/greed as it gradually democratizes America’s free-market economy!
Yet This Free Market, Trickle-Up, Non-Socialistic Solution Has Been Totally Ignored!!!
If any previous administration had implemented Economic Democracy, today’s COVOD 19/Economic crisis would not be such a crisis. We the people could afford stay at home and still have sufficient income to weather a much less severe storm. But to date this Copernican revolution in economics has been completely ignored by our leaders. But then, desperate times call for desperate measures. It’s high time we seriously consider innovation!
Economic Democracy In Detail
I confess, this commentary has been a generalized portrait in dire need of more detail. So, for a full and detailed explanation of how this strategy could be implemented, go to CESJ.ORG and check out the concept that Dr. Norman Kurland calls the ECONOMIC DEMOCRACY ACT. It’s an ingenious idea whose time is long overdue. And it’s one very good thing that could actually come to fruition as the result of this horrific, COVID 19 crisis.
UBI vs. Economic Democracy Comparison
Stimulus checks are effectively a short-term form of Universal Basic Income (UBI), an idea which has been advocated by among others, former presidential hopeful and serial entrepreneur Andrew Yang, as well as Mark Zuckerberg of Facebook, and Elon Musk of Tesla. Although the suggested annual amount of money issued ($12,000 annually) is similar to the Economic Democracy Act, that’s where the similarity ends. Check out the differences.
Since it issues insured capital credit loans that are paid back via pre-tax future earnings, and can only be used to buy wealth producing capital assets, Economic Democracy creates NO GOVERNMENT DEBT and NO COMSUMER DEBT! UBI and stimulus checks create government debt that will eventually be paid back by we the people (not the 1% who are spectacular at avoiding taxes) in the form of higher taxes.
Economic Democracy systematically creates universal capital ownership opportunity and access to the means of acquiring wealth producing capital assets. UBI does not.
Economic Democracy systematically finances predictable and sustainable growth of the economy. UBI does not.
Economic Democracy systematically enables individual citizens to become economically empowered and liberated through capital ownership. UBI does not.
Economic Democracy systematically enables citizens to become economically independent of the government. UBI does not.
Economic Democracy systematically generates mass purchasing power through ever-broadening citizen ownership of income producing capital. UBI does not.
Economic Democracy systematically creates new owners of advanced technologies and green growth assets UBI does not.
Economic Democracy systematically creates a growing tax base to pay the costs of government, thereby eliminating deficit spending and eventually paying off the currently massive government debt. UBI does not.
UBI/Stimulus checks are simple and immediate. That’s their strength.
Economic Democracy requires some time (probably a full decade) in order for benefits to accumulate. That’s why UBI should start immediately and be phased out over time in favor of Economic Democracy.
Rick Osbourne is a former public school teacher who has spent the past 20 years of his life writing for a living. His primary interests include politics (he's an independent), psychology (in particular Dr. Erich Fromm), economics (a Center for Economic and Social Justice/CESJ.ORG board member), and childhood obesity prevention (www.pullyourownweight.org). He's married and resides in Naperville, IL with his wife of almost 48 years, Pamela. He can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.orgArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How to Build Back Better Without INFLATION!
- Defending America’s Democracy? Here’s How to Fund it!
- There’s Only One Way Out of America’s Current Economic Crisis!
- Having to Choose Between a Job You Hate and Starvation?
- Banquo's Ghost
- We are teaching and saying…become your own business: Dr. Marcia Ann Coppertino
- Socialism and Capitalism VS Concentrated Wealth/Power
- America’s Policing Problems Systematically Reduced
- Economic Recovery: The Homestead Act of 1862 VS the Economic Democracy Act of 2021
- Trust Fund Babies VS Economic Freedom in America
- Abolishing Wage Slavery in the Land of the Free
- The Economic Democracy Act: Frequently Asked Questions
- Hedonistic Calculous – Mental Mayhem Wrath
- Wanted: One Billionaire Who Will Actively Support A Government of the People, by the People, and for the People!
- The Earliest True Meaning Of Sending Valentine Roses On Valentine's Day
- Bridging the Deep Political Divide of 2021…Economically
- An Open Letter to President Elect Biden and Vice President Elect Harris: On Democratizing the American Economy
- Property Ownership: The Cure for Voter Apathy and a Key to Responsible Citizenship
- A Systematic Antidote to Concentrated Wealth/Power and a Myriad of Related Problems
- Economically Empowering Every Single American While Creating No Debt!
- Psychic Terrors – Mirrors of Psychological Errors
- HOW DOES ASTROLOGY HELPS IN BUSINESS
- A Free Market Strategy That Systematically Underwrites Instead of Undermines American Democracy!
- Perspective in the middle of chaos
- Future Earnings: The Key to Understanding The Capital Homesteading Act
- A Systematic Solution to Structural Racism in America!
- A Copywriter's Insider Secrets To Avoid Being Duped By Headlines
- Etiquette of Presenting Khata
- Games Hone the Skills We Need as Adults and Have Changed With The Times