Breast Cancer goes from 0-150 mph in under 9 seconds
Health & Fitness → Cancer / Illness
- Author Andy Kahle
- Published August 4, 2021
- Word count 522
Breast Cancer goes from 0-150mph in under 9 seconds
‘Don’t Wait for the Green Light’ is Andy’s sometimes humorous but highly emotional new book about her fight to get back on the race track.
Perth, Western Australia, July 2020: Andy Kahle turned her blog – written to keep her family up to date while she was undergoing cancer treatment – into her new book, “Don’t Wait for the Green Light”. Instead of being your standard Breast Cancer survival story, this book is a collection of emotional and often humorous situations that Andy found herself in while she put her motor racing on hold to fight a disease that affects 1 in 8 women.
“Everyone needs something to inspire them to keep fighting, and mine was the knowledge that I would get back in my race car. ”
While superstition says that back luck comes in 3’s, Andy didn’t allow this to sway her “need” to race down the quarter mile in Australia’s first compact car – the Holden Torana. First she blew up the transmission the day before she was supposed to get her racing license, then her husband – Mick – slipped in the shower and impaled himself on the tap, that very same evening. And if you’re waiting for the other shoe to drop … just as the racing season was coming to a close, and hubby was on the mend, Andy was diagnosed with a very aggressive form of breast cancer, forcing her dream on hold.
There is a saying in drag racing, that if you wait until you see the green light before you leave the start line, you will miss out. So is the case in real life. Sometimes it’s better to put your foot flat to the floor and accelerate to where you want to be. While Andy’s book “Don’t Wait for the Green Light” starts with the uncertainty of a life changing diagnosis, Andy takes this as an opportunity to look at everything with her trademark wry humour. Situations such as the mood lighting and 70s style attire while getting a mammogram, or the nervous foot jiggling, plastic chair wobbling of her husband while she read outdated magazines in the doctors waiting room, Andy has managed to maintain the gravity of her journey while still demonstrating the importance of enjoying every moment and focussing on her ultimate goal of racing again.
Available in paperback or e-book, via Amazon, Andy has also provided the option to purchase a signed copy of “Don’t Wait for the Green Light” direct from her charity race car website – Therapy on Wheels. (www.TherapyonWheels.asn.au)
Despite being told she had a high risk of recurrence, at the age of 51 Andy Kahle has now been cancer free for over 10 years. Andy has also continued to race since the completion of her cancer treatment and now has a new race car on the way. This one has been custom built to allow Andy and her team to raise funds and awareness for the fight against breast cancer by offering passenger rides down the drag strip … but that’s a whole other story.
Don’t Wait For The Green Light! (Signed)
Media Contact Details:
YouTube: https:/www.youtube.com/channel/UCPxu0ocrW1H2S_S3cqP8JawArticle source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Managing risk in mental health settings
- Emergency Air Ambulance with Top Medical Services - Bumrungrad Hospital Dhaka Office
- Why Consider Stem Cell Banking for Teeth?
- The Warning Signs of Oral Cancer (and Why It’s Important to Know Them)
- Eating one wild fish same as month of drinking tainted water" in the US
- The Benefits of Staying in Your Own Home When You Have Dementia or Alzheimer’s
- How Oral Health Can Affect Eye Health
- 10 deadliest cancers
- How To Protect yourself from Electromagnetic field Radiation(EMFs) With A Negative Ions Shield?
- Influenza Season Is Here And For this reason You Ought to View It In a serious way
- 10 Unsafe Symptoms of Cell Phones Usage on Teens
- What is Charcot's Foot that Occurs in Diabetes?
- How Oral Health Problems Can Affect Your Lungs
- Free Online Therapy Consultation Offered To Texas Residents
- The Pain of Letting Go: Addiction and Recovery
- With Great Talent Comes Great Demons: CEO's and Mental Health
- Jim’s Story: How Evidence-Based Practices Can Stop the Domino Effect and Reduce ICU Complications
- Alternatives to Traditional Dental Implants
- Why KIlling Youth Aka Future
- What Kind of Conditions Can Your Dentist Find by Looking at Your Mouth?
- Could You Be At Risk for Oral Cancer?
- How to find a quality CBD product In 2022 ?
- Diabetes Freedom Reviews - How I Learnt to Control My Diabetes Free Diet
- CELEBRATE NATIONAL BREAST CANCER AWARENESS MONTH AND ENTER TO WIN A KEURIG DUO
- Me and My Menopause
- World Health Organization Tips on Protecting the Coronavirus
- Early Warning Signs of APPENDICITIS and Its Urgent Treatment
- What You should Know About Urogynaecology