CELEBRATE NATIONAL BREAST CANCER AWARENESS MONTH AND ENTER TO WIN A KEURIG DUO
- Author Dr. Sheila De Gruy
- Published September 24, 2021
- Word count 393
1 in 8 U.S. women (about 13%) will develop invasive breast cancer over the course of her lifetime and it’s expected that during 2021, an estimated 281,550 new cases of invasive breast cancer are expected to be found in women in the U.S., along with 49,290 new cases of non-invasive (insitu) breast cancer. So by the time you read this, three quarter of the year will have passed and cancer will have invaded the lives of women nationwide.
I was diagnosed with breast cancer in September, 2020 and after 2 surgeries, chemo and radiation she took her lemons and made lemonade. We’ve all seen the devastation that cancer does to the body but the financial implications are unseen and beyond our imagination unless you’ve lived it.
After joining an online support group, I began to listen to the stories and the hearts of her peers, women warriors with Stage IV metastatic cancer sharing their stories of their financial struggles from depleted retirement funds, savings and checking accounts due to medical bills. The choice between buying food and buying medication is real, the choice between paying the utilities and paying numerous treatment co-pays is real, and the difference between buying groceries and maintaining supplemental insurance payments is real. I knew I had to help my fellow sisters in the fight. I began to sell breast cancer support the fight keychains to raise funds to provide financial assistance for the women in my support group. Through the sales and donations from friends and family medication, food, laundry supplies, and payments for everyday necessities and household needs have been provided.
In celebration for National Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October, I'm on a mission to sell 100 or more keychains to provide the women a financial stipend. The keychains sell for $15 each and $4.95 for shipping but that’s not all, between September 21st-October 30th anyone who purchases a keychain will be given a raffle entry for each keychain purchased to win a Keurig Duo with coffee valued at $268. The drawing will take place on November 1st at noon.
This is your way to make a difference in the lives of women with cancer in a way that will add to their quality of life. It will be the best investment that $15 could ever make. Contact Sheila De gruy at (213) 590-7005 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more info or to order.
My name is Sheila De Gruy I've worked in healthcare for 45+ years in home care, home health care and hospice home health care as an administrator and director of quality assurance/quality improvement. My grandson designed a support the fight patch but little did we know just 5 months later I'd be diagnosed with breast cancer myself. I decided to take my lemons and make lemonade and do something to help women in my support group and other women with cancer maintain their quality of life.Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- What Autistic People Want You to Know About Autism
- Advances in Alzheimer's: Gamma Light Therapy, Bacteria, and Inflammation
- How do you know whether your child or you have APD?
- Mild Cognitive Impairment--A Precursor to Dementia?
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Doesn't Just Affect Combat Soldiers
- The Three Most Common Disabilities
- 4 Reasons Seniors Should Prioritize Oral Hygiene
- A FATHER'S JOURNEY OF HOPE: CAMP ESPERANZA'S IMPACT ON YOUNG CANCER SURVIVORS
- How Your Phone Could Be Harming Your Health
- Covid-19 Side Effects for Diabetes
- FutureCommPR shines a light on a rare, serious medical condition
- Information On Polyarthritis.
- Mindfulness in Nature: 3 Simple Tips For How Spending Time Outdoors Can Enhance Your Practice
- Managing risk in mental health settings
- Emergency Air Ambulance with Top Medical Services - Bumrungrad Hospital Dhaka Office
- Why Consider Stem Cell Banking for Teeth?
- The Warning Signs of Oral Cancer (and Why It’s Important to Know Them)
- Eating one wild fish same as month of drinking tainted water" in the US
- The Benefits of Staying in Your Own Home When You Have Dementia or Alzheimer’s
- How Oral Health Can Affect Eye Health
- 10 deadliest cancers
- How To Protect yourself from Electromagnetic field Radiation(EMFs) With A Negative Ions Shield?
- Influenza Season Is Here And For this reason You Ought to View It In a serious way
- 10 Unsafe Symptoms of Cell Phones Usage on Teens
- What is Charcot's Foot that Occurs in Diabetes?
- How Oral Health Problems Can Affect Your Lungs
- Free Online Therapy Consultation Offered To Texas Residents
- The Pain of Letting Go: Addiction and Recovery
- With Great Talent Comes Great Demons: CEO's and Mental Health