Young People, Women, Independents, Minorities-- You Can Save our Democracy
- Author June Stepansky
- Published May 27, 2022
- Word count 368
There was a time when we could live our personal lives without thinking too much about what was happening in our country. Except for those rare occasions where some government official was caught in a scheme to defraud the taxpayers, the government mostly ran efficiently and well. That time has long passed. We now must watch our government carefully and that is especially true now that one of our political parties is using misinformation and any legal or illegal means to achieve the power that they want. For the first time in our country’s history our rights and our democracy are at risk.
We only have two more elections to use our power to vote to save democracy in our country and protect the precious rights that we thought we would always have and which are now at risk –the right of every citizen to have his vote counted- the right of every citizen to protect their health—the right for all children to have a good and safe education—the right and promise of America that all citizens who live here will have equal rights to practice their religious and political beliefs as long as those beliefs do not advocate violence against their fellow citizens. When state governments start to ban books and turn one group against another because of differences in their color or political beliefs or their preferences about who they want to marry, then we no longer will be living in a democracy but in a country which wants to control every citizen’s life and thought. That is what countries like Russia and North Korea do and that is what our country can ultimately become if we don’t all fight to save the rule of law which protects our democracy. We are running out of time. The next two elections are crucial. We must take action now!
How can we do that? Only by voting for candidates who will fight for all of our rights for all of our citizens. We must come out to vote by the millions and make our voices heard all over our country. Our country, our democracy, our future and even our lives are at risk!
June Stepansky is a published writer and poet who writes books and articles about happiness, self-improvement and social and political issues. Her poetry has been published in the literary magazine Vol No 21 Childhood and in Vol No 22. Poems that Need to be Explained.
A Different Voice—free self-help book
Kaleidoscope—free poetry bookhttps://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Escalation in the Israel-Palestine Conflict: Unpacking the Recent Hamas Attack
- What Frosts My Nuts: The End Time Has Come
- What Frosts My Nuts: Nixon had Big Balls but not P.B.J.
- The 2024 presidential election is already over.
- The Clown King of East Africa
- The Concerning Power Play of New York's Attorney General: A Threat to Its Politician and New Yorkers
- Who has the Right to Control another Adult's Life Without their Consent?
- Can the Charter of Democracy Save Pakistan’s Imperiled Democracy?
- Russian-Ukrainian war through the eyes of Linda Athanasiadou
- Is Iran in a revolutionary situation?
- Why We Must Be Masters of Our Counter Culture
- It is more Important than Ever that we Guard against Selfish and Criminal Charismatic Leaders.
- THE SUPERPOWER
- What Actions can we Take to Prevent our Country from Becoming an Autocracy?
- Pop Off Pms
- Comparison of Constitutional Review between France and United States
- How can America Fulfill its Promise and Become a more Compassionate and Democratic Country?
- A Very Reasonable Speech for Governors of Florida
- What’s the purpose of business? It’s important to ask.
- Be a Human Rights Advocate
- Putin's chef Prigozhin starting a war in Kremlin?
- Vacuum-Up - the reality. Trickel Dow the lie
- Dangerous New Epidemics in our Country and in the World--Hate and Anger
- Silicon Valley & Biden’s Handlers VS Elon Musk & Freedom of Speech
- A Pall Settles Over America
- Nkrumah Effect And It Implications On Ghana's Economy
- An Exciting Year
- How Can We Tell The Difference
- Does The UK’s Brexit Plan Breach International Law?
- The Diary of Anya Verkhovskaya